Moonspear don't wanna be alone
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
terance had recently hit his first birthday, and it was sort of bittersweet. his dad would've been so proud. they were finally true adults in the real world, out here making a name for themselves. he and sarah had planned on celebrating it together but... well, it was fine. terance was fine.

regardless, while terance didn't care much for rank, he'd heard the announcement of rank changes and how all four of the mountain's daughters had outranked him upon being old enough to join the adult ranks. annoying, terance decided, but also not unheard of. regardless, now that hydra specifically was his true packmate and now superior (bleh) terance decided it was time to take her down-- in a friendly brawl, that is. he was fully healed and healthy again, his stomach filled back out and his coat glistening.

he put his nose to the ground and sought out @Hydra, ears pricked with excitement.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She and Terance had made a timeframe, and his time had ended. It was with this in mind that Hydra trailed Terance mutely, using her ever-growing tracking (and even more superior to that, stalking) skills to find him. She had warned him about what would eventually come... it was more than she would do for anyone else in their ranks bar her family. But he had become something like that to her—he frequented the borders with her as much as her own sisters did, lately. 

Hydra too had healed from her own incident with the cougar—the scabs had faded to nothing with much rest and little harassment to the wounds. Hydra still sparred with others, and trained using the terrain. She often pressed herself in the realms of endurance—this was an asset she had been told to capitalize upon, and so Hydra worked with it. Hydra wanted to further work on doing damage... but she supposed in time this would come. 

As for right now? Hydra stalked Terance, who seemed to be stalking something else (unbeknownst to her, it was, well, her). Hydra moved from boulder to tree, to tree to boulder, mute and slow in her prowling. Hydra soon became close enough to him that she broke her cover, running straight for his rear end to nip playfully at his heels and dash around him, tail and head high. Times up, she explained with a playful grin, setting her defenses in record time before she wheeled around him, keeping her distance still for the moment.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
GONNA MAKE A DICE ROLL THREAD

terance did one of those butt lowered and skirt-skirt forward maneuvers (ahem) when his heels were viciously attacked. the stone turned quickly with ears half-mast and gave hydra a nasty look. "i was coming for you," he said, trying not to whine but clearly disappointed she'd found him first. she looked ready to defend, so terance couldn't come at her right away-- not yet. so he pulled a hydra, instead opting to begin to circle around the shadow with his head lowered and eyes on the prize-- her. he'd win this time, or at least do much better than last time, anyway.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I DID THE THING

Hydra snickered at his response, and as he moved Hydra took advantage of the initial movements between them. She wanted to catch him by surprise and so moved to snap her fangs against his hindquarter as she moved 'round. There was a wariness to her this time around—still unused to fighting against larger opponents, and her typical practice partner was busy with his returned duties of caring for Amekaze on top of the old ones. And so she was not so swift as she typically was, but took great care to step away after, her mind whirring.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
her hesitation was noted, and terance was able to duck away from her with ease. he skidded to the side, just out of the way of her sharp lil' shadow fangs and lunged at her himself. his form was not too bad, and he had enough confidence from her mess-up to execute it perfectly-- but hydra was already in position. he was already mid-lunge though, and his large form was moving to run hers down-- no turning back now. maybe he'd clip her tail, or somethin'.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Neither of them hit a thing. She came up empty and Hydra huffed irately, swinging away as he came for her like a charging bull. This, too, Hydra was able to avoid with a graceful lunge away, and then Hydra bore her teeth playfully before moving toward his form as it moved, hoping to catch his own tail or clip his hock in a manner that would not draw blood. Hydra just wanted to hit something, though kept herself calm; she knew frustration was her enemy in the battlefield, sparring or otherwise.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
again, he missed. maybe not by a lot but like, it wasn't all that close. they were both too damn good at defense! damn her-- and him! why did he suck so badly? no matter. as soon as he landed she was on him again, but once again he was able to dodge her. this time, however, he leaned into his teeth-free detour and rounded to body-slam that little shadow. his head ducked and he went right for her shoulder. his averted gaze was a huge disadvantage, but if he timed it right....
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra had been focusing on her retaliation, so much so that her proximity to him was enough that he could use it to his own advantage. But she had been tired of missing, and felt that maybe some nearness could do her some good—nevermind him. Nevermind him had been the issue in her logic; she felt the weight of him barrel into a good portion of her, and Hydra was winded. But she did not flounder or stop to catch her breath, or even dart out of reach as she typically would—with his limbs so close to her, Hydra exhaled and dove toward one while she found her feet, spinning her rear-end out of his reach as she moved to attempt to grip his own rear leg that had been close when she stumbled. It was something of a counter, but at the very least she had not lost her footing and fallen to the earth.