Northstar Vale I've been searching city streets
A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
All Welcome 
[table width=80%][tr][td]
@Rannoch and anyone else interested in their character liking plants :))

It started off as a slight wondering moment; just what attracted the wildlife around the vale? Of course, the water attracted any kind of mammal and bird since it was something they needed to survive, but what did they eat? Most were herbivores but he didn't know anything about which plants tasted the best for what creature... If he knew, and if the pack was ever in dire state food-wise, he could place poison traps for big deer or even a family of bunnies. Grass was his first guess, but there was so much green out there that he couldn't possibly decide what to look for first.

Then it hit him; why not gather as much as he could and try and identify them! At least give them a name so they would be easy to identify only for him. He ran off into the weeds, grabbing a twig of the Currant Bush that held ripe berries, A twig from a Chokecherry Tree With at least two of the plump fruits, some Borage, Some Chives, even some Fennel and last but not least; some Rosemary. He gathered all the plants on a stomped-down piece of the wide fields and started observing.[/tr][/td][/table]
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
An enticing concoction of scents had drawn Rannoch that afternoon, drawing him in Tryp's direction. He had already been heading in the wolf's general direction, but his former intention had not been to meet up with the aspiring hunter. Instead, he sought the furthermost reaches of where the pack had claimed, as he wanted to freshen up the borders. As he felt his attention getting pulled, the Alpha succumbed to the detour happily, knowing that he had sent a few wolves in that direction about an hour ago. 

"I smell Rosemary," Rannoch commented as he pulled up from behind Tryp, his tail wagging and his posture tall. Looking from the pile to the older wolf, Rannoch tilted his head and added, "I also smell a ton of other things in that pile that I don't know about," he quipped, feeling all the more curious now that he had seen all that had been gathered. It was a mixture of berries, twigs, and herbs, and the Alpha was intrigued about the gathering. 

"What are you up to, Tryp?" Rannoch pressed gently with a tilt of his head after a brief pause of observation, turning his focus to the Epsilon as he waited for a reply.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]He had not expected to be "bothered" so far from where they had initially settled. He thought he had earned a nice afternoon away from the chaos to live out his fantasies and focus on something that truly spoke to him. He wanted to care for the wildlife of the Vale so that it would be plenty for them to live off of all year 'round. They wouldn't have to leave the vale at all if his big master plan succeeded!

The handsome voice of Rannoch sent a shiver of surprise up his spine, forcing his ears down in a bashful pose before he quickly turned his head, following the great male with wide, sunny eyes. They then went from the mess he had made, back to Rannoch and so on for a few seconds. Y-You do? W-which one is it? He asked softly, a flustered blush on his thickly-covered cheeks.

I... I was t-trying to find out what f-food the animals liked... He admitted almost guiltily. Though I'm n-not even sure what of this pile is actually u-used as food... He followed even softer, not wanting to admit that he had had a plan with plants of which he knew nothing about.[/tr][/td][/table]

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
@Rose kick me if this isn't okay!
The sight of Tryp's submission calmed the Alpha, and he relaxed visibly, knowing that their boundaries had been so effortlessly established. As Rannoch had assumed from their first meeting, Tryp was a solid member among their ranks who only wanted to help the better good. His purpose was not to stir up chaos, but to prevent it by simply being as he was. Though Rannoch was sure that the Epsilon was not aware of the balance he created, the Alpha appreciated this supporting role and hoped that he would continue to contribute to the pack's core. 

Nodding at the other's stammered words, Rannoch nodded and reached forward, prodding his nose at the stems that so closely resemble pine. "When I first saw them, I mistook them for pine, but, sometimes, it has little purple flowers on it, and that makes it easier to identify," he admitted as he pulled back, snorting gently as he did so to expel the pungent scent from his nostrils. "But, as you can see, it smells entirely different." And not in a good way either, Rannoch wanted to express, but he kept his comments quiet as he saw this as a learning opportunity. 

Tryp went on to elaborate on what he was doing with the random odds and ends, and as he spoke, Rannoch nodded with a smile to acknowledge what had been said. The Alpha thought it was a great idea and knew that Tryp had the right resources to learn to identify all of these plants and more. "I think that's a great idea, Tryp," praised Rannoch as he slowly took a seat next to his subordinate, his eyes lingering on the pile. "@Rose taught me that Rosemary a while back. She said that helps with muscle pain." He had only been taught its medicinal uses and didn't know whether or not it would attract game. "But, it doesn't help to try and lure them with it?" He assumed with a shrug, offering the other man a smile.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]What the alpha had thought was mere submission from the bulky Epsilon was actually a bashful shy-away from the fact that Tryp found him to be great company. The same butterfly-tingly feeling that he had felt with Kaori tickled his stomach even now; or perhaps it was the long grass tickling his blonde belly. The truth was, even Tryp didn't know which way his bat swung.

He watched Rannoch point and nudge the pine-like structures of nature that, indeed, held the purple flowers he was talking about. He blinked a few times before quickly picking the Rosemary up and placing it somewhere separate from the pile he had found. It smells... It smells like winter... Tryp commented softly, not knowing why the mint-like smell reminded him of those grim yet interesting days.

Tryp's draped back ears perked up and down again, surprised to hear that his idea had not been bad. As Rannoch sat down next to him he felt his heart pounding. I-I don't know yet... I j-just started... He admitted, wondering who this "Rose" girl was.[/tr][/td][/table]

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Tryp's observation earned a nod of agreement from the Alpha, and he smiled, recalling the scent of Neverwinter Forest briefly. He had always been fond of the aroma that the evergreens gave and felt as though that was one of the many comforts that he missed in his former home. "My birthplace had a lot of evergreens; it always smelled like Winter," he divulged softly, not allowing himself to get too sympathetic for the woods that he once called home. He shook himself suddenly in an attempt to rid his mind of any fondness that he felt for his previous home. Though homesick, Rannoch knew that he could never go back to the place he imagined, as it had no survived the test of time. 

Thankfully, Tryp was proving to be a helpful distraction from his feelings of yearning. "That's okay," said Rannoch, his voice soft. Wanting to help, but lacking the knowledge to do so, he turned to the piled with a thoughtful expression. "Maybe we can sniff them and maybe figure out what they do?" He hesitated, his eyes scanning the supplies. "Of course, we dont want to taste them as we have no idea what they do and it could be incredibly dangerous," he added, turning to the aspiring Bonatis with an amused glint in his eyes.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]
Hover for translation XD

His handsome friend's comment brought his Rochester-dots to rise in surprise as he found himself curious of Rannoch's life before they met that eventful day in the prickly forest. You... you liked it there? He asked in a near-whisper as per usual. M-my mum birthed me and my brother in a d-dangerous pack... We were n-not wanted there. Perhaps, if he talked about himself some more, Rannoch would open up too. Tryp did so with great caution, afraid to spill his former identity. While he had only changed his name to not be found by his parents or anyone else that was now looking for the two missing brothers, he suspected it would not fair well with the alpha's trust in him. Tryp he would stay, forever if he had the chance.

Tryp nodded in agreement, already sniffling around the pile only to gently pull out the twig that held the ripe berries. Ai thunk zhis 's goud fur birts... He spoke with the twig in his mouth, which was probably not such a good idea.[/tr][/td][/table]

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Loved it there," clarified Rannoch with a smile, holding selfishly onto the fleeting sense of nostalgia as he recalled the evergreens. "But, unfortunately, I didn't live there very long," he added, attempting to shift their conversation in another direction. Rannoch did not like recalling what had happened to him and often shut down most thoughts that revolved around his kidnapping. It took a strong bond for Rannoch to shed his strong facade and he and Tryp were not at this level of friendship. One day, perhaps, but not today.

Thankfully, as Tryp spoke, it seemed as though he had offered the young Alpha something else to focus on. "Not wanted?" the Alpha voiced quietly as if echoing the statement to comprehend it better. "Why wouldn't they want you guys?" His voice was a little stronger this time, but, as he completed his thought, he faltered slightly, realizing he had been a little too forthcoming in his curiosity. "Sorry," he murmured apologetically, dipping his snout for a brief moment before rebounding kindly, "I'm sure wherever you ended up was much better, though." And he meant it. 

Tryp then reached forward to lift a berry twig into his mouth, and the Alpha froze for a moment, unsure if the bounty was poisonous or not. "I'd put them down if I were you," he advised with a sense of urgency, his eyes wide as he watched. "I don't want you to get ill because of them," he added on quickly, not wanting to be a party pooper, but still wanting to keep Tryp out of harm's way.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
His alpha's tone was enough to make him shut up about the whole thing. He wouldn't want to pry Rannoch's crated heart open forcefully if he didn't have to, after all. Malice had told him all about moving slow while connecting, just as she had done with his father. Burke was without question the most grumpy yet loveable dude in all of Teekon, and Tryp was proud of him. He sighed a relieved sigh, advancing to their new subject to let this one rest until it was ripe to pick again.

Well... O-of course our parents wanted u-us... It's just, t-the pack hated my m-mum for "stealing" their A-alpha... He explained, not knowing all the details and keeping quiet about things as well. You're r-right...! He chipped then in a much happier tone. the isle had been amazing, even if the rivers had nearly killed the poor brothers. Not to mention that a bear left its traces upon Tryp's otherwise beautiful form.

Tryp's eyes grew wide quickly, placing the twig back down with an embarrassed droop of his red tinted ears. Y-yes... He agreed. He felt his cheeks grow warm at the concern of his alpha, even if Rannoch probably didn't want any of his members sick. B-birds eat berries, right?

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Guilt rushed through Rannoch's being as his interest trod on Tryp's unfortunate past. With an apologetic look, the Alpha watched on as his Elipson stumbled through his words, offering the most that he could. But even with this setback in their conversation, they rebounded as the docked-male took Rannoch's words to heart and it was in this agreement that the man with aquamarine eyes found himself relaxing once more as their conversation got back on track. 

Falling particularly still as Tryp held the berries move, the Alpha felt watched carefully until the twig placed back on the ground. "Thank you," he breathed, relieved that no harm had come to the red-tinted male. With everything back on track, Rannoch was feeling more like himself, and as such, his sunny demeanor returned. "I think they do," he replied, lacking the certainty that he usually carried in his voice. Though he thought that they had, Rannoch could not recall whether or not he had ever seen a bird eating berries. In his concentration, his eyes focused on the morsels that laid before the two wolves, and his mind went to work as he attempted to figure out how they could learn just what the birds would go for.

"How about we just leave this pile alone and see if it attracts any birds?" Rannoch asked, turning to his companion with a look of eureka and even in his moment of briallance, he thought over his idea again once it had been said. "I don't know long we'll have to wait, but, it might be worth a shot?" suggested the Alpha after a pause, finding himself unsure of the birds range within the Vale.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Perhaps, if Pyro had been with them, it would've been a more painful story to tell. Luckily the alpha wanted nothing more to know about their unfortunate past, and Tryp dropped the topic as he did with many things he knew would not impress his the alpha. A bashful smile was all he could muster, wanting Rannoch to know that nothing was amiss right now. The vale was perfect, the wolves wonderful and he was reunited with his younger brother. Rannoch, with his constant trust and hope in him, had given him a life he had first only dreamed about.

Yes... - y-yes! That could work, I-I'm sure. He nodded excitedly, already ready to up and leave to find shelter. The faster they were out of sight, the faster the birds could check out the berries.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Pleased with the other approval, Rannoch quickly gathered himself from his seated position so that he could follow after his dock Epsilon. Once standing, Rannoch turned so that he could seek out the nearest foliage that the two could use as shelter. There was a busy not too far off that the two grown men could use, but, Rannoch was not confident that it would provide much cover. 

Turning from the sight of the mulberry bush, he returned his attention to Tryp with a smile. "We could try to hide behind that bush," he began, his brows falling into a straight line as he showed his concern. "It might be a little bit of a squeeze to fit behind it, though-- we're two pretty big guys." His aquamarine eyes settled upon his companion as if silently asking Tryp to speak his mind on the matter.