Cricket Creek Bog I lost myself on a cool damp night
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Private 
[table width=68%][tr][td][Image: FJHr1Yn.gif?1]
here you go! if anyone wants to join in, this is only semi-private as far as I am concerned, just PM me before joining please! EDIT HERE um im gonna check out and see what hat nudge button does... DONT MIND ME deed is done and the regrets are real

The snow may have come and gone with winter's passing - but the young damsel carried the frosted veil with her on her back. Although it wasn't practical for hunting, or ambushing anyone with a pelt that shone in the dimmest of lights like a ghostly halo; she was a bright beacon in lush greenery. Only muddied paws from the bog, filth clawing its way up her legs to the elbow in certain areas where her legs had sank into the depths. It wouldn't be easy to clean herself up, and yet when was she ever the type to shy away from dirt despite the color of her pelt? 

As the sun was setting over the horizon, it casted a warm shade of fiery oranges and reds over the skies. Lighting the top of the trees in a faux fire, sending the crickets into a chanting fever, filling the air with a fervent chorus of chirps and song. Deafening to those who were weary of predators, and here she stood, in the midst of the creek with her paws sinking slightly where she stood in the moss, listening to the chants and waiting for the lightning bugs to make their appearance next. With her paws resting on a small rock she had found, it was the perfect place to wait. Standing still as to not frighten the insects - it was only a matter of time before the fire flies would come out, and the way in her tail indicated her excitement for the upcoming show.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

94 Posts
Ooc —
LMAO you live and you learn -- but NO RAGRETS!

[table width=68%][tr][td]
Since learning of its existence, Grievous frequented the bog for any opportunity to scavenge. Hunts were much simpler with the swift and boundless Thyri to assist, but at his roots the wolf is an opportunist. It’s out of habit that he hunts for a way to fill his belly without expending too much energy, and it’s out of experience that he returns to the marshes in an effort to find some poor unfortunate soul captured there by the mire. Sunset is fast-approaching by the time he’s reached the riotous slough— a chattering chorus of cricket- and cicadasong rising up to greet him as he descending into the darkening fen.

His last visit here had been obscured by a tempestuous halfbreed, whom he only recalled after noticing a swathe of white in the distance of his peripheral gaze. Uncommon to his typical constitution, Grievous hesitated. For a moment he stood trapped between his desire to posses another able body for the shadewood, and filling his stomach. The latter of his wants seemed more pressing than the former, but in the end it is the color of her fur that enticed him towards her; a stark and shining beacon that reminded him suddenly of a covetous nature he carries with him that has been quelled for some time now.

As a lone wolf, there didn’t ever seem to be any time to indulge in his infatuation for white wolves— but he sets aside a moment for it now, picking up a noticeably heavy stride so that she might become aware of his presence as he padded languidly nearer.

[/td][/tr][/table]
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
@Grievous I still regret everything! nooo!! but that is a fabulous tattoo lmfao i also just clicked on that link in your custom title, looooove delta rae! also let me know if this code also doesn't work!

Lost in the rhythm of the insects, the odd rhythm they chose as they simultaneously would rise and fall in tune in a random melody, impossible to predict or mimic as the things sang their songs. It was something that winter had lacked, a song. The whistling of the winds didn't compare to the birds and crickets, cicadas and running water. There was a silence of winter that was both charming and lonely, especially without the chants and song of pack mates to fill the silence with their own tunes. It was something she missed from home, and as the years proceeded, it was harder to remember their hymns.

Despite the deafening chorus of insects, the damsel's eyes were sharp to movement. The relaxed strides of a stranger nearing had caught her attention, swinging the pale crown in its direction while bright cyan eyes gazed in their direction. Come to listen to the symphony as well? Although her time as a loner had given her the insight to be weary of strangers, she had held onto that blissful ignorance, that naive wide eyed childlike belief to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. 

The fireflies should come out soon. She smiled, keeping her peripherals on the stranger. Or are you here for something else? Tilting her head in their direction, glistening blues finally locked onto the stranger, watching him from below a friendly brow. From his scent, he was as much of a loner as she was. It was both a good and bad sign.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

94 Posts
Ooc —
Seems to work fine now, actually! And I just recently became aware of Delta Rae, but I'm liking them so far ;p

[table width=68%][tr][td]
As softly lit eyes find him in a red-orange bask— the brightness of which has begun purpling at its edges— Grievous fell still. He kept several wolflengths between them, appearing to expect something that doesn’t transpire in that moment. Atypical to the usual reactions the titan receives, she greeted him as if he didnt appear to be malignant; her tone kind and inoffensive, serving him an invitation into open conversation that he did not immediately accept. Instead, he was rendered quiet by her innocence. Her gentle inflections. And his virile indifference began to shed itself of him, though mentally he grasped for it in the face of a would-be obsession.

His tail lashed quietly, feeling that he was being driven from his emblematic umbrage against his will— forced into a sort of placated mood spurred by the snow-fairy perched neatly, and tantalizingly, in front of him. His eyes, like dying suns, regarded her for an overly long moment. To the point it seems he wouldnt answer... until: Nothing but thee has drawn me to this very spot. His slow, seeping voice came out as a low and distant rumble; reminiscent of thunder on the horizon.

[/td][/tr][/table]
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
@Grievous yay! Dunno what i did, but glad it worked! They are great, i love her voice!

The two stood still and silent for a moment. The insects filling the silence with their chorus, masking what could be an uncomfortable, awkward meeting, with something much more artistic. Despite the lack response, the yound lady didn't falter in mood; instead, her eyes wandered to the woods as the twinkling lights of flies began their dance in the distance. 

Hm? Finally he spoke. Her eyes flashed back to his larger figure, stealing away her attention from the lightning bugs that slowly prepared themselves. The bass of his vocals contrasting heavily against her light tones, ringing oddly against the music of their surroundings. 

She was what brought him here? May I ask why? His face was unfamiliar to her, thinking that she had drawn him here somehow. An unsettling feeling founds its way to her her heart, bringing butterflies to a flutter from nerves. 

Can I assist you with anything? [/td][/tr][/table]
Healing (2/6)