Overture Downs Everything I loved destroyed me enough
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Read Only 
@Kelina for reference, thank you for the threads! Much pp, let me know if I need to edit

[table width=85%][tr][td]The plan had worked; Kelina believed her too weak to escape.

It was night when she crept from Evil's clutches, hobbling brokenly on unsteady feet. The world swayed beneath the fae's paws and the darkness seemed to thicken on her peripherals until she could not see the stars so high above her. 

For days she roamed far from Kelina, using the stream she came across to cover her trail. Liri survived on carcasses she found, few and far between, and the gulps of water she took carefully for fear of toppling over.

She was not sure how many days had passed when the frantic fluttering on her right stopped, when only the left stirred as if alarmed by this development. Liri found herself in a large meadow, the setting sun stretching over its hill and lighting the trees golden, far too beautiful for the panic coiling in her stomach. 

The sylph was unable to move as the pain wracked her, pushing her down to the earth with a cry. In her pained and frightened state she could not be sure how much time passed. Minutes? Hours?

Yet when it was over there was a still and bloody mass was all that remained of what would have been her child, had she been willing to look closer, a daughter. As it was, Liri had no desire to be near the tiny thing. Instinct beckoned her to eat it but her frail stomach protested this nor could the ice nymph force herself to commit such an act. 

Wrenching herself to her paws, Liri staggered on with only the beat of her heart and the feeble movement of her remaining child for company.[/table][/tr][/td]
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."