Redsand Canyon Awaken my masters.
All Welcome 
The sands burst, a crimson spray billowing from the center. A lupine head appeared, mouth wide, a lion's roar that turned into a jackal's screeching howl burst forth from its maw. The body trapped under the red sands rose violently, lurching forward as if in a pounce, only to crumble under its unused paws. She — she was a she wasn't she? — gasped, breathing in sand and grit and angry hot air, and coughed.

Her body felt strange. Lighter. Her paws are no longer tacked with the thick digits hiding hooked claws; they are nimbler, smaller, her claws are dulled and unable to retreat to the furry protection of her toes.  She looks at her body, watching the gold of her fur explode into red past her shoulders. Her tail swung; it is no longer sleek but bushy, like she is trailing a brush behind her.  She is on four paws. Once she stood on two, a long time ago, but she had sunk down to four as time went on, but she was shorter now than before. She is not feline, but canine.

The sun's glint catches her eye and she turns to the disk in the sky, then turns away at the sheering brightness. Father, She intones in her native tongue, her voice rough and thick with unuse. Why did you send me  h e r e, Her lips curl in anger at the unflinched gaze of her father. In t h i s form? She hissed and her tail lashes behind her as if she is a cat again rather than a dog, a wolf. 

Coptic Egyptian
Common Tongue
1 Posts
Ooc — Belle
This place, it was strange. Never before had he seen such soft, hot dirt. It was... crumbly and got stuck between his toes as he walked, and he could just touch it and move it. Without any effort. What was this stuff called? He'd never heard of dirt like this. There were giant rocks, too, that stuck out of the ground and were a bright red colour. He'd already investigated two but the heat was much greater than what he'd experienced in his life before. He prefered shady, cool forests. This wasteland was certainly not what he was looking for.

Calpheon stopped, panting for a moment, when the shriek reached his ears. What it was, he did not know, but for sure it sparked his interest. He didn't care who it was, it was someone. He hadn't spoken to anyone for such a long time. Or had he? He didn't even remember. The lone wolf had forgotten everything. All he knew was his name.

"Hello? Who's there?" He called out, eyes scanning the landscape. His voice was croaky and rough, a clear sign that he had not spoken in quite some time. The man kept moving. Soon enough, his paws dragged him close enough that he could see a figure. Still he moved, closer and closer, until he was almost right by her side. Calpheon heard her speak, but it was not to him, and the words were foreign to him. He made sure not to approach too fast, but it was someone. His tail began to wag slowly in uncertain joy, glad yet cautious that he had found another.
Her father said nothing, and she had to avert her gaze. She might have been a god, but she was weak in the power of the sun, especially in this mortal form. You will answer. I know. She snarls, sullen in the face of his majesty. You will. She has no reason, o knowledge of why she was put here, in this form, of all places and times and bodies. She knows, it must be for a good cause, a good reason. It is auspicious that she is in red sand rather than the dark soil and grasses that she knows...how does she know that?

The woman snarls at the sound of a voice. She wheeled to him, with flames threatening to burst out of her sockets and towards the boy, angry for no other reason than at her own lack of awareness. What do you want with me, mortal boy?

Coptic Egyptian
Common Tongue