girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
All Welcome 
screams in excitement

Leaving had been hard.
But maybe coming back had been harder.
Anyway, here she was.
Back in the lands she had been born in, and where in a sense, she had also died.

With the last of the sun's rays resting on her back and setting her ablaze, Maera Sveijarn, weaved through a field of wildflowers in the middle of nowhere. Nowhere she recognized anyways. The two places she had ever gotten to call home were far away, and neither of them  really looked much like a home. The two packs that had once craddled her family, Swiftcurrent Creek and Duskfire Glacier, were like them, nothing but a memory.  

Slowly, the fiery woman came to a stop. She remained still for a minute or two as she simply let her eyes inspect the flowers that surrounder her feet. Then, after a soft yet thoughtful hrrrmph she craned her neck and plucked a single yellow dandelion. This flower,delicately clutched between her teeth, would be a nice first piece to adorn her newly dug out den back at the outskirts of Neverwinter Forest.  

She hadn't spent more than a night there but she knew that in order for her to be able to remotely get some sleep in the coming nights she needed to make the small den hers. And well the only way Maera knew to make something hers was by filling it.
There is only so much empty a wolf can handle in a lifetime.
[Image: girl_gang.png]
22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
*THROWS SELF AT* also im sorry this character makes me cringe a little

Tru was being very lazy about exploring this new area. He'd spent nearly three weeks wandering lackadaisically around the Hinterlands, stealing scraps of food from caches, picking fights with coyotes and attempting to woo random lasses whenever he came across them. He hadn't had much luck, and that made the already rogueish male all the more, ah, restless.

It was this that drove him to continue on his way. The idea of finding a pack to join was just beginning to poke at the outskirts of his mind, but he wasn't quite bored/hungry enough to go there yet. Convinced that his next game would be somewhere just up ahead for him, he found his way around the mountain's passes and wandered into the Wilderness, just as intentional while simultaneously aimless as always.

When Trouvère began making his way through the meadow, he'd had very little expectations that this little jaunt would amount to anything. He liked meadows - they were beautiful and romantic, and definitely in his top five scenic locales to take fair maidens. But, he was fair maidenless, and so this was turning into little more than location scouting for when he did happen upon one. He didn't anticipate that he would be finding one in the 60 seconds that followed that thought, but he was completely thrilled when he did.

His first thought was a very gentlemanly FUCK, because she was unbelievable. Her coat was all ginger and cinnamon spice blanketing curves and angles in all the right places and proportions. And she was carrying a god damn flower through a god damn meadow. I mean, come on. How's a fiendish rake to resist?

Tru gave his coat a good shake to rumple it in that handsomely rogueish way that fell so effortlessly on him, much in the way you would see a human boy muss up his own hair. Satisfied and assuming he looked awesome, the DeMonte quickened his pace to catch up to her. He chuffed lightly to garner her attention before offering his most charming of grins and eloquently informing her, "Did you know that you are the sort of beautiful that minstrels like me sing songs about?"
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
HI YOU
trying to write with a new kitten is hard :p

For Maera, the idea of this little expedition turning into something else hadn't even crossed her mind. Of course she had thought running into another wolf was a possibility, she had come across the scent of others here and there but she had never tried to find who they belonged to. In fact, finding another's scent was her green light to get up and go.

So when the voice of another wolf (surprisingly close) reached her, you'd understand her initial reaction. With the flower still clenched between her teeth,the young Sveijarn jerked herself away from the man with her ears flattened and her tail beginning to raise behind her. Company was something Maera, although reluctant at first, was secretly always thankful for, however it is hard to be thankful for something that almost makes you pee on yourself.

A few seconds later, when she realized the man was not exactly a threat (yet) her sn
arl was quickly replaced with a  smile. "Haven't heard any", she managed to bark, unknowingly daring him for a demo.
22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
She did not react very well. Tru took a single step back, his demeanor shifting only slightly to show her that he was not a threat. He wasn't deterred by her reaction. He actually found it endearing - her all snarly face with a dandelion clenched in her teeth. It was cute, and so he was actually a little sad to see her glare shift to a smile. Fortunately, the smile looked rather good on her as well, so he offered one back in return.

"You haven't? You poor girl," Tru replied as he took a few friendly steps forward, "We need to correct this! But that only makes me pity you more, for the only one around to remedy the situation is me. Talented as I am, your first time should really be with a real professional." He gave her a thoughtful frown and a heavy sigh. "This is quite the conundrum," he said after a beat, "I hate to have brought such a difficult situation upon you in the midst of your flower gathering."
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
To be extremely, brutally honest, Maera didn't know what the fuck this man wanted from her. Flirting and its derivations were an enigma to the young Sveijarn. Of course she had interacted with males before, she has even had a couple of male companions during her time as a lone wolf but they had been strictly that: companions. She had never had an interest in another, and never allowed anyone to even develop an interest on her because as soon as the felt herself getting too comfortable around or felt as if the usual distance she kept herself at had been slightly reduced, she'd respond by adding miles, literally, between her and whoever threatened to get past her walls.
The best way, Maera had found to avoid being abandoned was to leave before the other could.  

With her flower still hanging from her lips like a cigarrette Maera blinked at the man with an honestly plain confused face. Then as he began to refer to her as a 'poor' girl whose lack of knowledge about said songs was simply pitiful Maera's face changed yet again.

Although sometimes fragile, and still and forever heartbroken, Maera had nothing for him to pity. Despite it all, she was still a proud Sveijarn. Her childhood narcissism found in his words the fuel to combust and make a fervent comeback.

"This is quite the conundrum"

"No, this is just a bullshit attempt to..." she spat back, but suddenly found herself at loss of words. Attempt to what? What was he trying to do? Seriously, Maera had no fucking idea. "...whatever..." she finished clumsily. This wannabe singer needed to up his game if he wanted to impress her. In fact, now, unless he pulled a shiny rock or another interesting object out wherever, Maera would gladly just go on with her day and forget she ever ran into him.
22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Tru quirked a single brow as the woman showed that there was fire in both her coat and character. His head canted lightly as she barked at him, then it twitched over to the other direction when she deflated quite suddenly just before her grand finale. He tried not to smile - he really did. But, a smirk curled across his handsome features in spite of himself.

"No, no, don't do that," the DeMonte encouraged her, settling down onto his haunches like an intrigued spectator at a circus, awaiting entertainment, "Please, tell me more. I'm interested in hearing an outsider's perspective on my intentions." He had little doubt that this would only serve to annoy her more. Other men would have been wiser and offered an apology at this point. They may even have bowed out gracefully and went along their way. Trouvère was not other men; he could turn this around.
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
Too late did Maera realize her mistake - no, not talking back but not knowing what to say.
She'd probably figure out exactly the perfect comeback that night just before she fell asleep, when it was completely useless - as one always does. 

Frustration was nothing compared to what Maera was feeling right now. Her attempt to shut the man right up and make her leave her alone had only ended up encouraging him to poke and prod her more. ugh. Then as if it weren't enough he had the balls to sit and wait for her response as if this weren't a fucking uncomfortable conversation.

"i think you intend to make others to do what you do: waste time - but as i said, bullshit attempt this one" she barked with a childish shrug of her shoulders, then wanting to make her point more clear she walked right past him, her tail slightly brushing his side as she began to walk off (hoping the man wouldn't make another bullshit attempt to stop her) with her dandelion still clutched between her teeth. 
22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Tru nodded along as the ginger female proceeded to tell him of the heinous act he was attempting to perform. It was an interesting thought and he wondered at how she'd come to it. More than that, however, he wondered why it bothered her so much that he was apparently trying to get her to waste her time. What was she doing that was so important she couldn't stop for a chat? He was tempted to ask her. So he went ahead and asked her.

"What are you doing that's so important you can't stop for a chat?" he asked as she swept past him. He turned his head to quirk a brow at her huffy retreat, giving a gentle snort of laughter before adding, "Is it really such a waste of time to be friendly?"

This gal was hot, but someone definitely needed to help her get the stick out of her ass.
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
Unfortunately it seemed Maera would not be able to escape fast enough, or far enough. Just as she walked past him, the man opened his mouth once more to continue a conversation Maera hadn't even wanted in the first place. With her ears swivelling back instinctively at the sound of his voice, Maera still refused to turn back and face him. 

"Im picking flowers, didn't you see?" she barked whilst turning again, her eyes clearly screaming DUH! as the dandelion dangled in her maw. 

"Its a waste if its to men like you" she answered bluntly.
Maera had no time for those who decided to look down on her rather than meet her gaze as equals.
It was truly pitiful there were guys who used pity as a 'move' to hit on girls.
22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
There was a very real possibility that this woman was going to straight up murder him. He didn't really see how he would deserve such a fate - at least, not from her. Other women, oh goodness yes. But this girl? He'd been downright decent to her so far. In comparison.

"Men like me?" Tru commented, striding towards her to walk along at her side (albeit a safe number of feet away), "Men who sing? Seems to me that men who sing might pair nicely with women who pick flowers."
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
eep sory mae was a butt here ... last post for me baby 

Although she had clearly been angered, he'd yet need to do more to unleash the real hell that burned within her. The strong temperament of her father and her mother's explosive nature were perfectly and dangerously bottled inside her, hardly noticeable behind the apparent sweetness of her hazel eyes. 

After a loooooong roll of her eyes Maera met his quipith a sigh and a blunt shrug, although by the time he was done speaking she found herself lacking arguments. Singing and flower picking did seem to pair nicely. Fuck, she hated when others made a point she had missed. Maera blinked slowly, the flower still between her teeth. 

Without any comebacks in mind and really no interest in wasting more time in finding one, Maera let out a chuff and whipped her tail to the side as if shaking something off it. Then, with the intention of leaving the man and this horrid conversation for good she turned and began to walk in the opposite direction. This time if he spoke again she wouldn't turn.
To him, she would be deaf and mute.
If he wanted, she could even be dead and avoid him altogether forever. 
adios biotch
22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
No problem at all! I love it :D

Tru had been hopefully his latest witty comment would manage to crack her frozen exterior. Maybe it had, and maybe that was exactly why she'd decided to disengage with him then. She became resolutely ignorant of his companionship, and soon enough had changed direction entirely in a clear effort to leave him behind. The DeMonte was not fool enough to chase after her, knowing perfectly well when it was time to give up the hunt. Or rather, when to push the pause button on the hunt. He never actually gave up; he was not a quitter.

"Till we meet again, Dandelion," the alabaster male called after Maera as she continued away from him. He grinned at her indignation and found himself very much hoping that he might happen upon her again. Maybe she'd be in a better mood.

With a light sigh and a playful smile, the pale DeMonte continued along in the direction he'd been heading. He'd taken only a few steps before parting his muzzle to sing aloud, fully aware that the fiery woman would hear him as she departed...

"Found her pickin' flowers in the warm, summer air,
Ice shards in her eyes and fire in her hair,
Just wanted to know her and be her friend,
Now she's walkin' away and she wants me dead."

He paused thoughtfully, decided to work on the last verse, then carried on as he wandered off aimlessly into the wilds.