what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Dated: 5/26.

The dark clouds taking the sky have made it difficult to determine the time of the day, making them feel longer than necessary. The morning blends in with the last leg of night and it gets dark easily by the afternoon. Every once in a while the rain will slow to a stop for a few minutes but they are never given any sunshine.

When Thuringwethil wakes to what may be the morning, she slowly rises. Her fur is perpetually damp and never given the opportunity to fully dry, she begun to wonder if it’s worth it to wait. She’ll need to get out in the rain at some point but if she waits inside a few more hours, she might know what it’s like to be dry again. The cavern is heavy, humid, and musky and it may never quite be until the rain eventually passes by. Even with work to be done, she slowly rolls to attention and stretches her legs to find Wildfire and their three children still sleeping. Nomi lowers her head nearby and gently touches the nearest child before she picks her large frame from the ground.

In order to get her legs moving, she heads toward the back of the cavern where a familiar tunnel leads out to the back half. The ocean has been angry and preventing them from escape that way but she can still access some of it. The hard ground is wet beneath her, plopping with each step until the reaches the end and it opens up once more. Most of the floor is covered with moving sea water and the crashing of waves on the outer beams holding up the cliffs above them. Thuringwethil stands just outside the opening, watching the water sort through its anger.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
He was stuck somewhere in a limbo between wanting to get up and going for the day, and not wanting to be drenched for all of it just yet. The humidity was one thing, but these downpours were showing little sign of letting up. Hour after hour of rainshower was quick to lose his interest all together.

But he tried to wait it out and dozed curled around his family, but restlessness won out in the end as the morning wore onward; he stepped away from them delicately, wishing them restful slumber for the rest of the AM hours--they might as well, if the weather was going to be this poorly. He'd stretch his legs a bit then revisit the idea, unless struck by a whim to get out in it already.

Thankfully a fresh trail detailing the commander's pathway lured him after her, so he trailed behind through the tunnel, not certain what would await on the other end; he had not come this way in a few days, and with all this rain, he knew it could not be normal.

When he could see, his eyes narrowed into a squint, half curious and half concerned. Still, he moved up alongside her, posture adjusted accordingly as he chuffed a short greeting--although likely to be lost in other noise. Time shared between the two of them had been scarce since puppies were a common denominator here, and with all else to carry on with too. "How much worse do you think it'll get?" he posed, and wondered aloud at once. He had never seen storms like these this close to the coastline.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The heavy footfalls behind her catch her attention and she turns, noting Dio’s scent before he appears in the light. She shifts and moves to one side, giving him space to make himself comfortable. They have not spent a lot of time together but they have when necessary. They both have been busy with their respective families and she’s thankful he has given his attention to his two, instead of getting involved in those that are technically his too. Now that Wildfire is no longer apart of the council, the two of them remain standing at the forefront of the pack may end up in a delicate balance.

“I think it could get a lot worse but I do not think it is something we can’t handle,” she tells him, clearing her throat. She thinks back to the guardians the day before the storm came and how the timing lined up perfectly. “This is a test. We could not stay on the mountain, I do not regret that decision,” she tells him, glancing out into the angry water beating its way closer to their home. She had not seen the guardians since the day with Hush but it is hard to see out in the distance during the weather and it is enough to settle her. “We will not be shaken from our home. We just have to be smart about it.”

Thuringwethil hums quietly to herself, considering their claim. The rain has weakened the scents on the borders but she does not fear. Their presence on the coast is more than a few piss spots lining the forest. The others are out there anyway. "A lot has happened since we have been here, and especially recently, but it has not changed us."
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Her insight is well-received. He's not ready to discount nature's might entirely, but, it was about what he had hoped to hear from his commander to only help bolster his belief. While not good it could be worse, the cliffs were formidable--perhaps more steadfast than any other place he'd claimed as his home before. As for the mountain, any mention of it made him remember the smell of the smoke. "I agree," he said right away. That was not something he had ever wanted to test; he didn't trust anything that smoked like that, knowing all too well of fires themselves. He had not wanted to stay around to become acquainted with those of the volcanic nature any more than he had already. "And we will be smart about it," he affirmed, with faith in their core members, and their upper echelons. "Some rain won't stop us," he twitched a lip thoughtfully. He was far more keen to stand against it than he had been to smoke and ash, but that was because he knew better. For all of their flux, they had a knack for overcoming all that they could. Their cliffs would not let them down so easily, and a storm would never be enough to unseat them.

And indeed, he nodded: a lot had happened. He had been caught up most notably in his family and maintaining guardianship of the place, but was not blind to everything else. From Kendra's untimely end to Wildfire's demotion by choice, and all else, it was always something. "But that's typical for us, too. Never a dull day here." The wocha still believed it made them better. He'd yet to be proven otherwise, as the waters churned more angrily than before.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil does not mind the activity they go through on a constant basis. It keeps her on her toes and with every success, she continues a strong hold upon the cliffs. With each new wolf from the rest of her wolves, the more she feels at home. It is their home as much as it is theirs, and her reign can be stronger with more of her own resides here. And the development of the next generation has been strong, with their ups and downs, and she glances toward her companion with a knowing smile.

Now that their brood has come together in the cavern, their interactions will only continue to grow. They’ll have plenty to learn, including their relations, in the days to come but as they continue to grow, she cannot put off their training too long. Gyda and Gavriel’s had been set into motion early with only one to show anything for it. The other three had not been able to handle it and she knows it is not from Gavriel that they were not enough for them.

She blinks back the mist from the crashing waves, ears flickering to combat the assault. It isn’t much to do anything except annoy but she can find other things to distract her from their enclosed space. “The children are getting so big already. They will be ready to train soon,” she tells him. They haven’t had much time to talk about their future and what their own children will bring but the ability to protect themselves and Drageda must come first.
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Even with the backdrop of the crashing waves, he can still find his solace and ease from the moment, so from it spins anticipation. He, too, is ready to see the young age up and further into their fray--as warriors, hunters, or whatever else struck their particular fancy. Their training is something he can participate even more distinctly in, especially as they move well pass the fragility of their early puphood. "I'm looking forward to it," he replied with a slow tail wave, though kept his eyes glued to the waves. His brood, especially, could benefit from some basics established soon. Sirio was a tough call; he couldn't say if the timid boy would make or break beneath better direction. Dalia he worried less about, and what he knew of Wildfire's more rambunctious trio, he had a good feeling they would take to it well enough too.

"I want to see mine take to guardianship, somehow. But it needs time, and they do seem to have more of their mother's disposition, so we will see how that goes with some real motivation and training," he mused. Sirio came to mind again but he held firm to the belief that homegrown defenders could be some of their strongest and he often reminded himself that they were just whelps still. "What do you think for your bunch..? Any good guesses?" he smirked. Hunters? Scouts? Fierce warriors? A bright future, regardless the route.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Living your life one way from the start makes things difficult when you’re turned everything upside down. Where she never pictured herself having children, she now has to make room for them. They aren’t just another set of pack mates for her to help teach. They go beyond that. They are attached to her, look up to her, and expect her to keep them safe in completely different ways. The connection she has to Wildfire, to Artaax and Blixen and Robin, are now different than that to Portia or Sirio or Dalia. Keeping the field even for all of them now has become tricky and she knew it would the moment she’d taken Wildfire as her own.

Her jaw tightens as Dio speaks of his children, with Portia, and what he’d like to see. His two are much more reserved than her children and doesn’t interact with the pack nearly as much. Would a warrior break out of either of them? The three of hers have slowly begun to break off and she can see possibility in all of them. Is her mind clouded with the new life of nomi rather than Heda? Are her children so much better than any others? Settling the thoughts, for the moment, she shrugs a little more lax than usual. “It’s hard to tell now, I think, but I’d like to see the same,” she explains. All five of them will learn to fight and defend themselves and Drageda but whether or not their specialty will stay in the field is yet to be determined.
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
It seemed natural, and maybe a bit selfish, to want them to follow in his steps and take up the guard. He could teach them so much that way, more than he could with any other pathway-- from spars, defend alongside him, and knowing they kept Drageda safe.. but picturing shy Sirio and a future like that one was still an awkward fit. Even graceful little Dalia did not look cut for the role. However, they had time to grow up still, yet Dio was feeling it about time they began to hit stride.

He contemplated in silence for a few moments after nodding when she said she felt the same. It would take time, and they would all learn one way or another.

"Just hope it lets up soon. I'm starting to miss dry," he said with a small scoff, gesturing to the stormy, humid everything all around before he nudged her chest in a quick farewell. He moved to leave the way he'd come after his brief goodbye, and would head off to check on the pups while they were on his mind anyway.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
They have not had much chance to talk about the children they share together and his own. The timing at least gives her the excuse he will be busy with Portia and his two. Talking about them feels like untouched terrain with one another but she can’t help but to over analyze the brief interaction. Thankfully, Dio brushes it off to speak once more of the weather and she nods. With a shake of her nose, she points in the direction of the cavern. It is not the best answer, or something that will allow them to get completely dry, but it is reprieve enough.
Trigedasleng · Common