Redhawk Caldera Hanging around
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Burke was starting to feel better. He thought this sickness was going to kill him but thanks to the nutrition and fresh water he was slowly getting back on his paws. The former workaholic was starting to feel an itch again to at least do something. Yet, it was strange for him to be in the land of his 'enemies'. When he was still at Black Feather he hadn't made the best of friends. He also scared the red female youngster. He hadn't seen her around yet, probably meaning that she wasn't in this pack anymore. Same was probably the case for the red woman and black male leader. Their names weren't really important to him.

He had the feeling that if they were still around they might not have taken him in. He was one lucky bastard once more. Burke pushed himself to his feet with a grunt. He decided that he should at least explore this territory. See if he liked it. He always wondered what was so wonderful about this piece of land. As he started to walk it was evident that the male was getting older. His prime time was over. Burke disliked it, but he reminded himself that he could have been imprisoned at Blackfeather, which would be totally worse.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
worlds best dad award winner
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
ive been hoping one of these would pop up :) edit: YOU JUST GOT 200!

Lagan was still on the lookout for the new pack members. He'd met Ivy, and Anda-something (who he referred to as Lady), and he'd briefly seen a few others. But there was one in particular he wanted to meet today; Grandpa. Lagan was pretty sure he'd never seen an older wolf before. The grumpy old dude fascinated him for some reason, ever since Lagan'd seen him at Towhee and Phox's little story telling circle, he'd been dying to meet him. And so that's where he was headed today, after the guy's scent.

It didn't take long for the young nose to find its way onto Grandpa's trail, and it didn't take his legs long to get there. With a bounce in his step, the boy bounded over to the older grey male, keeping his distance but not too far. Hey grandpa! I'm Lagan. He introduced himself, a hum in his throat.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
OMG I TOTALLY LOOKED OVER THIS.

As the ground became steeper the older male's breathing started to sound more labored. He decided to call it quits and stay in the lower and more flattened areas. He felt his bones creaking. What the male didn't expect was to be greeted by some fluffy bounce ball. Somehow he was reminded of a younger Sebastian. Perhaps, it was the grays and the excitable nature.

Burke's ears instantly flatted and bared his teeth. "I'm not your grandpa," he huffed and raised his docked tail. He would be the grandpa for Sebastian's children but he wasn't going to let some kid make him out for an Elder (Which he clearly was). "I don't care what your name is," he huffed and went to step on, bones creaking as he did.

he is not walking away, as in exiting the thread, just continuing his walk xD
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
haha, it's totally ok!

Lagan's ears dropped and he stumbled back a few steps when grandpa turned around all angrily. It surprised him and frightened him, his apple green eyes widened. Why was grandpa being so mean? And how did he get so scary all of a sudden? One second he looked all old and haggard, the next he was super huge and terrifying. The old dude said he wasn't his grandpa, but Lagan was pretty sure grandpa was what people called old people. And then the guy said he didn't care about Lagan's name, and he turned around and kept walking.

Lagan straightened himself up, and naively as always hurried back over to wall by grandpa's side. I'm sorry, I made you angry and I'm super duper sorry. I just thought you might want to meet me. He said, genuinely he felt bad for whatever it was he'd done wrong.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke hadn't expected for the pup to be so startled, often they would continue being annoying. This wolf seemed more impressionable. Burke's steely gaze turned into one that looked slightly more pleased with himself. He liked to be big and scary like he was in the prime of his life. However, the pup was quick to recover and even catch up with him.

He really was somewhat like a younger Sebastian. He hated the consisted apologizing. "No I don't. Why would I want to meet you?," he commented to the boy. "Never apologize. It makes you sound weak. Do you want to look weak in front of others?," he questioned. He might have been hard on the pup but Burke was never the sweetest. It took him awhile to warm up to his own grandkids. Ivy was his ultimate favorite, and it wasn't a secret.
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
This time, Lagan didn't let grandpa's rude comments hurt his feelings. Lagan was determined to make this guy his grandpa! Grandpa asked if he wanted to look weak, and Lagan narrowed his eyes and puffed out his chest. He wasn't weak, and he was gonna prove it! No way! I'm the gamma of this pack I have to be like strong and stuff. He said with pride, then he turned back to face grandpa. Realizing that his comment might've come off as arrogant, Lagan chuckled bashfully and let his prideful posture fall back into his normal open gait.

Hehe, sorry. I'm just kiddin. I am the gamma though, cool right? He said, putting a skip in his next step.

haha Lagan's a dum dum xD
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke is not impressed xD

Burke looked at the youngster when he proclaimed his rank. One dot raised questioningly at the other. Then the kid even needed confirmation how cool his rank was. Burke glance turned into that of annoyance. "Those who have to proclaim they are king, aren't the true king," he spoke to the kid. "You calling out what rank you are makes me think less of you in that rank. You should act like your rank," he pointed out.

Burke shook his head. This kid was never going to be a leader. Too soft. Alas, that was also what he thought of Sebastian but that ended differently than he expected. "If you want to be a leader one day you need to act like one. Now you are just behaving like a kid. If I would challenge you for your rank you might lose it," he pointed out. "You need to ensure no one will take it from you."
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan is determined anyway xD

Instead of the, "awesome dude," that Lagan was hoping for, he was given another long story about how he was weak or whatever. He wasn't weak! How could he prove that to grandpa? Grandpa said to act his rank, and Lagan cast a thoughtful look forwards, then decided he didn't really know what that meant. With an internal shrug, Lagan continued on, and then grandpa brought up him being leader. He had no intention of being leader, because his parents were the leaders. And as long as they were alive he'd follow them.

But one day, he thought now, they might not be around. The thought made him sad, but maybe gramps was right. He turned and looked to the older grey male and asked, How do I do that? Can you make me stronger, so that I can protect my rank?
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke cast his eyes skeptically at the other. "Why would I teach you to be stronger? It would be of no benefit to me," he pointed out to the other. Burke was technically already teaching him. Always know what the other would want so you could get what you wanted in return. Burke stopped by a creek to hydrate himself, he wondered how persistent the other would be in the end.

"What are your trades?" He asked. Now he wondered what the boy would be good at. Because he honestly didn't have a clue.
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Grandpa said that teaching Lagan how to be stronger wouldn't be of any benefit to him. Hmmm, what were benefits of making Lagan stronger? Well if you make me stronger... ummm. He started strong as if he actually knew the answer, but trailed off when nothing came to him. There was a pause, and then it clicked. I can help you hunt whenever you need help! Or if you ever have babies I can babysit for you. He said, fully believing that grandpa would snatch that deal faster than a dad snatches a 20 dollar flat screen on Black Friday.

Lagan's tail wagged as he watched grandpa drink from the stream they'd come too, he was eager for an answer. Grandpa asked him what his trades were, and Lagan quickly replied, I'm a caregiver. I know a little bit about healing, but I mostly do sitting. I sit anything. I sit on elderlies, I sit on sicklies, I sit on babies! He said, obviously very proud of his ability to sit things.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
The other started so confidently but ended up with a bad offer. Burke frowned at the other like he had done before. The male let out a snort. "I can't have children anymore. Besides, I have fathered a little army of children fathered. I really don't need more of them," he pointed out. Basically pointing out that this pup was no use for him. But perhaps he could make use of this young man. He could maybe make him hunt for him so he would have a daily meal.

"How boring. Where were you when I was sick and arrived here? Not been much help to me yet," he pointed out, perhaps to give him a sense of guilt. Maybe he would offer more to him. "I do not need to be watched," he pointed out. He was fine. He didn't need a teenager as a bodyguard. Though, he wouldn't mind a little servant. "Are you a hunter?"
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Grandpa mentioned hat he couldn't have babies anymore, and Lagan's jaw dropped. How did that happen? Lagan knew that having babies had something to do with a penis, but he still hadn't had the talk that his dad had promised him. Still in shock, the small silver boy ducked his head down to check out grandpa's junk. It looked fine, smelled normal, so why couldn't he have anymore kids? Lagan had pretty much missed the whole thing about an army of kids, so when he brought his head back up he said, Why not? Your stuff looks fine, why can't you have more babies.

Grandpa went on to talk about how he'd been sick when he arrived, and where had Lagan been? With a bashful chuff, the Blackthorn said, Well Raven did a good job, so I didn't think you needed my help. And isn't your brother Sebastian a healer too or something? He added. Grandpa asked if he was a hunter, and Lagan tipped his head from shoulder to shoulder. Eh. Yeah. I'm not very good at catching the big stuff, but I can do small things real well. I'm best at rabbits.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke growled when the boy felt the need to peek at his junk. He moved his head towards the other and snapped his jaws shut close to his ear. It was just a warning, he did not intend to harm the boy. Burke glared at him. "Seriously. Didn't your parents talk to you about breeding?," he huffed. "Goddamn place...," he mumbled mostly to himself. He shook his head. Why didn't they inform their kids? He would be sure to tell them what they needed to know. "After a certain age, one doesn't produce seed anymore. Even if there is a female in heat then there won't be any pups if I happen to breed her," he explained.

Burke rolled his eyes. "And don't go ask all your breeding questions to me now. You can go to your parents for that," he huffed. Then the younger wolf made another error. Burke was losing more of his tolerance. "Sebastian is my son, not my brother," he stated. He showed one of his more evil smirks. "I will tell him that. I am pretty sure he won't like that," he decided to try and scare the boy.
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan didn't like the way grandpa talked about his family, as if they were doing something wrong. At least they didn't snap at him for being curious. But Lagan didn't vocalize any of these thoughts, because he was still just trying to make grandpa like him. Grandpa explained that he was too old to have pups because he didn't have seeds anymore. Seeds? If it was seeds that grandpa needed Lagan knew where to find those! That couldn't be right, everyone knew how to find seeds. Maybe grandpa meant something else.

Lagan wanted to ask for better clarification on the meaning of seeds, but grandpa quickly told him not to ask any more questions. Lagan frowned, because he still had a ton, but he put them on hold. The large older male went on to tell him that Sebastian was actually his son and not his brother, then gave an evil grin and said that he couldn't wait to tell Sebastian about what Lagan had said. Wait why? Would Sebastian be angry at Lagan for saying that?! The boy was just trying to make friends here!

Why would Sebastian not like that? Cause your old and he's young or something? He asked.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke smirked when the youngster showed some fear. The fear of not being liked seemed to be strong with this one. Burke shook his head as the other gave suggestions. However, Burke was not going to reveal much of his personal life to this pup. "I don't know, why don't you find out from Sebastian himself," he grinned. He was being a bit mean trying to scare the youngster, but it was also his source of entertainment.

He was pretty sure it would end with an anticlimax. Sebastian would not be mad. But this Lagan didn't know that. Burke continued to walk, now expecting the other to follow him as he had been following him the last time too. "Look at you, making other pack members angry. Not off to a right start are you..."
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Burke' smirk made Lagan nervous, because it made him think that the old man knew something Lagan didn't. Was Lagan gonna get in serious trouble. One of the boys biggest fears was being in trouble, or being yelled at! What if Sebastian all of a sudden got super angry at him? What would he do? Uhh, maybe I won't ask him. He said quietly, glancing to the side a little. With a shuffled of his paws he started walking again, just like grandpa. He had his head down in thought, this time not bothering the older wolf a bit.

Grandpa's taunts didn't make Lagan feel better either. The boy almost wanted to cry! No wait, what was this feeling inside of him? It was weird, he didn't like it, but also it felt right. He stopped walking and looked at Grandpa. I'm sorry and I hate to say this, but I don't think you are a very nice grandpa. Have a great day. He stated with conviction, then turned and started to walk away. That may have been the first time Lagan had ever been even minutely angry, and even then he'd been polite about it.

exit Lagan here, I'd absolutely love another thread in the future though xD
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke couldn't help but be amused when the other seemed so doubtful. Burke watched the young man. The male actually laughed when the boy excused herself. "I told you before I wasn't nice," he pointed out to the teenager. "But you wouldn't want to listen," he added when the boy was walking away. He wanted the boy to know that. If he heard it he wasn't sure. Burke was just glad that he finally had some peace. He made sure to go in the opposite direction of the teenager.