Blackfeather Woods Is this what we wanted? What me most desired?
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 
[table width=80%][tr][td]
@Damien - before her conversation with Atshen and after the announcement from Nemesis.

Of course, Nyx would first talk to Damien about this; her slithering form weaving through the woods with both rage and grace. It was an interesting combination - it definitely showed that she was both beautiful and dangerous, like a thorny rose if one would consider the prick of one painful. She looked everywhere for the rightful owner of the woods, thinking again and again of how this could've happened. Why had it happened? Why had Nemesis given up her stolen crown, just to give it to the least intelligent of their litter? Atshen had not the skills required to lead, Nyx found; it had showed when the two saw each other as equals more than anything, even though he had been in the upper tier. She had not answered to him, simply because he did not know how to twist words and weave threatening tales with his tongue. Surely Damien noticed this as well? If they had one good chance to strike, it was now![/tr][/td][/table]
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

That kind of rage, the one that consumes your very sense of morality and invades every corner of your rationality had reached Damien's very core. At this point all he desired was to rip some heads off. Nemesis had done everything in her power to piss the Melonii heir off, it was not a hard task with him being possibly the most hot-headed member of the brotherhood ever, but still this time she had gone too far.

A storm was brewing, a dark, electric storm tat would hit the wilds from within Blackfeather Woods, and he was moving. He wanted to see Nyx first, blame her for not putting her bastard brother under check before such thing happened and releasing the pressure, but also to plot their way back to the top together. This was, although the worse it had gotten since Damien's disappearance, the perfect chance for him to turn the tables back around.

Nyx knew where to find him, and so the true Dark Master stayed put in his den, in brooding silence, until she decided to show her face to him.

[/td][/tr][/table]
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[size=large][table width=80%][tr][td]It had not been her fault - of this she was certain. Atshen knew of their plan and had respected her in every sense of the word after their promise they'd see each other as equals. It was this same promise that gave Nyx access to the throne - to warp Atshen to her will, for she had always been the smarter one of the duo. Surely Damien realized this as well? That, with the strings in her hands, they were also in his? [/size]

[size=large]She went to his den, the one place she knew where he would most likely be, scenting his delicious smell all over the place. Still, she was too anxious to admire him silently for much longer. Duty called louder than her petty obsession did, after all. She sat down near the entrance, a collected yet angrily-twisted expression upon her young, pretty face. You know. It was not a question, more of a statement. Atshen nor me have anything to do with this betrayal - of this I am fairly certain. She was excusing herself in a way, and as always taking the heat for Atshen. Still - this might work in our favour. He is not the brightest star in the sky. It was another statement - one that Atshen himself would probably even agree with.[/tr][/td][/table][/size]
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

The spark in her eyes was not of admiration this time. It was fear, a twisted form of it that Damien thought he was sensing through Astrid's glare. In his books the night  was to blame for the inconvenience, but that still did not mean their pact would be damaged. He looked back at her with a blank stare, listening to her reasoning with vague interest. But her words did spark a deeper curiosity. He's not, I agree... But it was your duty to keep him out of my way, drums his voice in brooding depths. He does not belong where he stands, you know that... But I am concerned that he will not want to resign to his position now that he's had it, he admits, holding Astrid's glare through every single word without a blink. Do you believe his loyalty towards you is stronger than his arrogance?

[/td][/tr][/table]
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]It mattered little how he looked at her at that moment, even though his cold eyes sent disappointed, cold shiver down her starry spine. She had not meant for this happen - she could not have predicted it! Even though he agreed, it was not enough to quench her thirst to get closer to him. Why he always was so cold, no matter what she did, was a mystery even to her logical brain. I know, but I have not failed you yet. Atshen has sworn an allegiance to me and he knows what awaits him if he does not step down. Nyx spoke, even before the moments she was supposed to talk about his loyalty to her. I do. She confirmed with a determined face, truly believing everything she had said.[/tr][/td][/table]
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Through her determination and the security of her words Damien found the assurance he was looking for. Not that it mattered, not that it would change anything at all, Damien was already resolute to step back up and chase away the traitors' ass, but Astrid's support was a plus, and something that gave him great pleasure.

I haven't lost my faith in you, he speaks, voice as cold as ever, stare as cold as ever. This is our chance to move, Atshen alone is weak and Nemesis' hasn't got any back up left, he states, standing up and brushing past the night fae's flank as he exits the den.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

It was securing to hear that Damien had not given up on her, even though his icy coldness did not help to satisfy her growing anxiousness. If she had truly done something wrong, surely he would've not said this, right? Figuring him out was a task, but at least it kept her busy and active in the days they were apart and not planning something menacing. But, at his words, she shrunk a little. She trotted to keep up, whipping her head around to look at him with her white brows pinched into a worried frown.

But perhaps that is what she wants. What if we are playing right into her paws? She questioned, not trusting a situation that was this easy. We can both say a lot about Nemesis, but both of us know that she is not one to get fooled or played with easily. She warned, feeling disgusting by even implying her mother was even remotely intelligent. But a thinker like her could not deny the truth, and surely Damien couldn't either.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

It was true. Everything Nyx said next got Damien's advance to slow down to a stop as he wrapped himself in thoughts. Yes, you're right he admits, lashing his tail to a side in rage as his hackles raise in a rush of hatred for the traitor. He respects Nemesis enough to admit that she was a fairly decent strategist. She hadn't climbed the Dark Brotherhood's ranks for no reason anyway. We must be careful, but it doesn't mean we can't make a move... he says thoughtfully before giving Nyx a sly glance.

Your brothers, he speaks softly, Do you know their intentions? he asks. They were important, they were property of Blackfeather Woods regardless of Nemesis' betrayal, but still Damien knew little of those three. They had a huge potential, there was no way to deny that fact, each with his own strength. Atshen's physical strength made him a force to be reckoned with, according to Potema Keelut had a gift, and there was something that told him that Abraxas' silence was merely a facade to hide his higher intellect, a mirror of Damien's own image in his youth. If Damien could somehow turn all of them and their abilities against Nemesis without her knowing, if he could turn them into his followers, his warriors, then Nemesis would be completely disarmed.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

She did not arrogantly flip her tail in Damien's acceptance that she was right, even though the temptation was great. Now was not the time for games, and she didn't think it would fair very well with him. She wasn't that kind of girl anyway. He went on to ask about her brother. What broth... - oh, those. She asked confusedly at first, having almost forgotten about Abraxas and Keelut. This alone was  enough to signify that she didn't know the most obvious things about her two siblings, who had abandoned her all the same. The only one she knew something about was Atshen, but he was too much of a danger to talk to now. Nemesis would most likely be running around him, leading the pack behind the scenes to deceive them.

I do not. Even if we strike now, with anyone else behind us, who is to say Nemesis does not have a back-up plan? She asked, brushing perhaps just a little too close to Damien.