Noctisardor Bypass Birdsong
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
Marking this AW but specifically @Mawk @Burr @Kyron @Rowana @Semira (Does she know medicine?) PUPPY TIME!!! ALSO M WARNING FOR DESCRIPTIVE BIRTHING

She had retired to the whelping den a few days ago, her body screaming at her that it was time for them to come. Her body had thought it would happen the very day she had come to the den, but she had suffered through days of the worst sickness and cramps she had felt through her entire pregnancy. This  morning however she was woken up by a sharp stab of pain and a spasming in her gut that told her it was indeed time. She called for Mawk her voice frantic with pain and excitement (Mostly pain because holy hell these convulsions hurt!) and added in a call for Semira.

Standing up and pacing around the wide room of the den she panted and heaved as another powerful contraction hit her, making her stomach muscles convulse and contract tightly. She locked her legs and rode out the pain until she felt something burst between her legs and a flooding of wetness and warmth soaked the delicate fur that lay there. Looking between her legs she spotted a now only dripping stream of fluid and blood from between her legs. Feeling sick she lowered herself to the ground and yelped loudly as another contraction hit her. She had no idea what to do, did she let her body tell her when to push?
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Wooo pupper time! Just a note, the Kyron you tagged isn't baby Kyron! I assume someone else had that name too, not really sure what Thalia is doing about that so I'll tag @Dawn so she knows!

He was close by when she called. Mawk had been around, just waiting. He could tell that Illecebra was near her time, and he was worried. Excited, too. Because of this, he hung around. Not too close, though, because he didn't really want to get his nose ripped off. Cebra was very much capable of something like that.

When the call sounded out, he rushed immediately over to the den, peering inside. What he saw was, to him, incredibly terrifying. His mate had a stream of blood and fluid in between her legs, and Mawk had no idea what to do. What was he supposed to do? He'd never been in a situation such as this...

"C-Cebra? Can I come in? Are you okay?" He didn't want to intrude, as he had heard that many mothers prefered to be on their own during the birth of the pups. If that was what his love wanted, he did not wish to take that away from her. But even so, he was terribly nervous and excited. It was time. He would be a father.
But...But I trusted you...
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx
I wasn't tagged, but lucky I stalk you when I can!

Leila finshed rounding up the pelts she and Cry had managed to get. The fae had only gotten a few, stirring up the rabbits when she could, but Cry had managed a whole maw full! Watching him trot to her, she smiled, her tail gently wafting a greeting to the dark wolf, someone she had managed to get close to in the silence of the pack. It was a quiet evening, and she enjoyed the subtle beauty of it.

Pawing over what she had managed, a couple of rabbit furs and a torn deer pelt, he dropped a horde of pelts, from deer to boar to a couple of other soft bundles. Was that fox pelt?

"Wow, where did you-" she began, fully amazed by the mass of hides.

"Shh." He interupted her, cold eyes turning to face the higher shelf of hill of the Bypass. Ears flickered to them momenarily before they flashed back to her, eyes included.

"Go to her. She is birthing."

And after nuzzling all of the hides to her, he nosed her shoulder before turning and disappearing back into the Bypass.
Snatching up as many hides and pelts as possible, she rushed to the top of the mound, and burst to the top of the clearing. Quickly dropping the pelts to the front of the den, the soft spoken fae landed her minty eyes on a kinda blonde wolf, and she asked,

"Is she well? How is she?"
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Almost immediately Mawk had arrived which any other time she may have noted with a fondness but for now she couldn't think of anything other than what was going on. She saw his bright eyes peering into the den and took a step back snapping her jaws in warning. It was too hot, too crowded, this was her moment, he needed to stay away. All those thoughts rushed through her mind resulting in a low growl of warning "No. Stay back" she commanded in tone that she would most likely feel horrible about later on.

Another contraction brough a cry to her maw and into the air, and she circled one...twice..three times before laying down and on her side. The position brought her temporary relief and she took a few shallow breaths "Water?" she asked trying to shove aside the odd hostility she felt toward Mawk so he would get her something to drink. Another presence was made known when a feminine voice sounded, asking how she was. "In pain and having pups" was her sharply barked retort, the female she had gotten help from during the last few weeks getting the sharp end of her heightened aggravation instead of Mawk this time.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The commaning tone from Cebra and the growl told him all he needed to know, without taking in the words. He nodded, backing up out of the den. She didn't want him there. That was okay - she was birthing. He understood. "Okay..." The man cocked his head slightly as his wife called out again, but asking for water. He nodded. "I'll get some now!" With the task burned into his mind already, he began to pad away, only pausing as the girl arrived. He had not had chance to meet her before now, but he knew for sure that Cebra would snap her neck if she did something wrong. She was very much capable of snapping his neck if he did something wrong.

"I think so, but she's in pain, clearly." His words were laced with worry, but he tried to remain calm. Being worried would not help any of them in this situation. With one last nod to the white-furred girl, Mawk sped off momentarily to get water for his beloved.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry moved smoother than a serpent, his motions lucidly fluid, as he carried a thinly sheared piece of bark clutched closed. Drips of water polped down every other step, but with his pace and lack of stopping, he made it fully up the mound, emerging from the shadows he had once disappeared in. Glacials scanned the clearing, and landed on the wolf, Mawk, who was turning away to go get the very thing he held in his maws.

Snorting to gain the blonde's attention, he held the bark out to the father-to-be, a clear indication he was to take the water.
Once he was freed of it, Cry spit out a few of the wooden pieces, then returned his cold gaze to the father.

"Never leave your children, not with stranger, or even packmates. Ever. "

After the second passed by, he motioned a slim snout to the den opening, silently suggesting the wolf take the drink to his mate.

"Your're the only one she won't outright murder in this situation. Instinct controls her. Take to her what she needs. "

The shadow prince gaited beside Leila, pawing the hides to the blonde. "There, as well, are for you all. I will wait for you finish with the water thing so that I can go get more, if need be."

With that, he fell silent, awaiting more to happen in case he was sent to go gather more things.
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx
Leila was startled by Cry's sudden reappearance, and her hackles flew up, already braced for a fight. Apparently not happening, as Cry came from the darkness. Holding water. How did he know?...

Minty eyes watched him pass the water holder to the dad, and give him life advice. After what he told her that day of what went down between he and Horsk, Leila caould see what Cry meant by his 'urges' to just teach people things. She could see however, that what he said made sense. It really was smarted to keep yourself close to your mate and babies. Child birthing was an open ivitation to predators, both sound and smell drawing unwanted and dangerous eyes. The mom needed all the protection she could get!

Leila licked Cry's shoulder, appreciative how easily he had come and calmly taken control of the major necessities in this situation. She surely didn't want to leave the pair to go get the water, as she wanted to make sure the mom didn't have complications during her birthing.

"  Cebra, la agua esta aqui! Las pieles, también. Are you ok? Mawk is bringing them in. "
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra could hear another voice outside the den, all the people surrounding it made her on edge. She growled deeply and backed further into the den, her golden eyes narrowing slightly until another contraction hit and made them close completely in pain. She whimpered softly as more fluid dribbled down her legs and the sensation of something straining hit her. She cried out and pushed naturally, her body telling her it was time. The pain and effort was immense and she screamed loudly, not caring who or what heard her cries of agony. Noor had been through this once already, and now she was doing it again? That was crazy.

She panted heavily and felt no shame as drool hung from her maw, her ears pinned completely back against her head as she decided to drop her frame to the floor and roll onto her side. A voice calling her name distracted her from the pain for a moment and she opened her maw to call back weakly "El parto ha comenzado. Tuve que empezar a empujar. ¿Puedes traerme el agua, por favor?" she rattled off in complete spanish, uncertain if she had messed up or not, or if Leila could understand the whole thing. She heaved and pushed again her hind legs stretching out behind her as she struggled to get the babies out. "Ven a ayudarme por favor! Leila?" whimpered softly.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The dark male from before approached, carrying with him exactly what Mawk had planned to get. "Ah, thank you. For the advice, as well, but I planned to keep them in sight. There's a stream very close." It was small and fairly well hidden, but perhaps Cry had gotten this water from there. Even so, the man was grateful. The wolfdog gave a flick of his curled dog-like tail, giving one last nod to the shadowed wolf before turning back toward the den. "Cebra, I'm going to bring in water, but I won't be in there for long, okay?" He picked up the bark and headed inside, wasting no time. He knew his mate did not want him in there with her as she birthed so he would make sure to be as quick as possible. 

Upon entering, the scents of the birth filled his nostrils and gave him the most odd feeling. He was proud of his wife, for sure. Birth could not be an easy thing. He placed the water fairly close to her head, careful not to go too close, and resisted the urge to cuddle up next to the beautiful woman. He loved her so much - it worried him to see her in so much pain. Mawk left quickly, shooting a loving glance back at her. As he exited, he inhaled the cool sweet air, grateful for the little heat outside. Inside the den it was very warm.

Leila and Cebra began talking in spanish, then. He did not know much of the language, but he could recognise it, at least. Guess that was a perk of having a completely fluent spanish-speaker as a leader. Gwen had spoken a lot of Spanish while Cuicatl had been around, so he had begun to recognise when someone was speaking it. But even with that knowledge, he could not understand the words the pair were speaking to each other. In the meantime, he was trying not to pace outside the den. Just knowing how stressed Cebra might be made him stressed too. He was worried about her and the pups.
?
101 Posts
Ooc —
Since we never really had an order for the pups, I'm gonna go ahead and throw Burr in here now. Hope that's okay! <3

Lights. Heat. It was overwhelming. The very moment of his birth, the boy had curled up to hide himself away from the lights and heat of the den. The heat, it seemed, he could not escape from. But even so, he tried. He squirmed and wriggled, squeaking in frustration when he found that he was not able to move as fast or as efficiently as he wanted to. His crying was short lived, however, as he felt the presence of who he knew to be his mother. He could feel her. He thought that was her, anyway.

He was silent for a bit, but then he began crying for her attention. He was scared. He didn't know what was happening. What was going on?
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx
Pale ears flicked at the reply, knowing full what words came in from the wolf in her agony. Without hesitation, Leila called back out, "Sí, por supuesto, señorita Cebra!"

Leila passed  by Mawk, snatching up the softest rabbit pelts and a half of a deer pelt in a slim muzzle. Making a swift lunge, she took to the den, Immediately setting to work. She was glad the water thing Cry had obtained was rounded, making it easier for the water to stay in the bark, as she needed it for helping the mother relax.

"Cry please get another bowl," she asked with an echoing voice from the depths of the cave. After his confirmation, she turned back to the mother.

Soft and easy but subtly assertive tones sang from her, Leila began speaking to the greyscale woman.

"Ok, Cebra, calma y fácil, respiraciones profundas. Todo va bien."

She took a pelt and dipped it gently in the water, getting a light layer of the cool liquid on the fur, and danned gentle at the heated mother. She knew how powerful it was to reassure the mother of the situation, as childbirth was stressful on the first time of a mom. She had never had children, but her level of empathy was capable of letting the pale angel understand how she would want to be in such situations like these. She would need to be as calm as possible, as pain was terrifying to a wolf, especially a mother. But as everything was, it was natural. So she would just have to get through it.

" Respiraciones profundas, amor."
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Gratitude surfaced over the instinctual hostility as Mawk brought her the water, and for a few seconds she looked up at him with a wide smile her eyes softening and scanning the face of the male who she had given her life over to, and who had done the same. As he drew closer however her body tensed up and she protectively curled up into herself though she witheld the snarl that threatened to rise up from her chest. She could see it in his eyes, the pride and the worry and she gave a single solid thump of her tail against the ground behind her "Thank you love, I appreciate it" she spoke earnestly and then motioned toward the exit with her muzzle and watched him take his leave.

And suddenly a giant heave took hold of her and she pushed the hardest she had yet, a long and drawn out moan of pain leaving her maw until she felt a small wet bundle slide free. Lifting her head up  from where it was pressed against the cool ground she nudged the small form and nipped at the birthing sac so the child could breath, the actions purely coming from common sense and instinctual motherly knowledge. She licked the mucus from the babe's nose and then gave a soft and comforting whoof to the boy. it was a boy. A son. Her son. the realization brought tears to her eyes and she made a low keening noise in her chest. The baby let out a cry the sound all at once gathering her attention and she ever so gently tucked the child to her belly where her teats lay "there there.....Burr. My firstborn." She cooed in a tone of pure adoration.

It was the presence of another that made her lift her head with a mighty snarl, her protectiveness already in full fledge action until she realized it was only Leila. She allowed herself to take it easy and nodded at the female's soothing words. she took a deep breath and felt the muscle spasms as more contractions began, meaning more children to come. The thought was both comforting and terrifying as she was unsure if she could make it for much longer than this. "Es tan bonito. Hay más por venir ... estoy asustado" she murmured and then took a deep breath steeling her resolve to finish this. "I can do this..I am a fighter...May I drink?" she spoke to herself calmly and then turned her eyes toward the pretty female, closing her eyes at the refreshing feeling of the water soaked pelt against her fur.

The need to push came back and so she did gritting her teeth and groaning deeply, as she strained. She paused and then took a deep breath, pushing once more and then releasing he breath as she did so.

@Rowana Can be the next to be Birthed! Have we figured out the name situation with Kyron? Also how do you do the translation thing with the hover text?
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
She went from darkness to darkness, the only difference being longing pit of loneliness growing within her. She could not understand why she felt so lost. The comforting touch of her mother was gone, leaving her bereft of the touch she had grown accustomed to. Then there it was. Her mother. A soft breath of warmth in the darkness of the young girl's world. She was safe.

Yet again, there was something else pushing against her side. Her faint sense of smell could barely register that this thing smelled similar to her mother. With that, she was satisfied.
"And some days I think I'd feel better if I tried harder
Most days I know it's not true"
a crime so old
as the sky and bone
55 Posts
Ooc —
The boy's birth was, to him, a quick affair. There was darkness, and then there was more darkness, but in this new darkness, there was scents, scents that barely registered in his tiny mind. There was nothing to him, and he was still soon after being birthed, within the tiny birthing sac that had housed him for so long, without any great desire to breathe, to move. not yet, not when it was so much easier to simply lie here. living was a busy, strenuous affair, which required breathing and moving and feeding. he did not know this, yet, but stayed still within his sac, unaroused by the violence of birth.
war ate a boy
and spat out a man
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
With much more heaving and shouting one more baby popped free from the womb. A beautiful little girl with fur the color of Mawk's pelt. She smiled to herself and licked the wetness from her daughter's pelt murmuring softly as she gently nudged the child to a teat "Rowana" she called the girl, naming her like a true warrioress. She began to relax but  as she lay her head down felt once more the need to push.

She was at ease with the process now and so she lifted her head and took a deep breath, pushing and releasing with continuous breaths until another boy popped free. He still remained within the sac, and for a few moments she simply stared at him unsure what to do. Finally instinct took over and she nipped through the sac, tugging him loose and pulling him into the air. She licked him clean and tucked him to her breast "Cyron..." she named him.

Looking up toward Leila she smiled warmly "Gracias..Thank you" she murmured softly and licked at her three newborns. looking toward the den entrance she called for Mawk "Come see them!" her voice was joyful.
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx

"No hay necesidad de tener miedo. Tu eres fuerte."

Leila licked the top of Cebra's head, taking away the sweat that the cool water never got to. She then took the bark of water, and scooted it closer to the greyscale mother. With reasuring tail wags, she congradulated the proud mother, praising the names though she meant it in a modest manner.

"Burr is a very reliable name, strong, unmoving, and a very inspirational character. Rowana is fierce, determined, and beautiful."

Finally the last baby came to the world, and the gentle woman encouraged Cebra further after seeing her freeze.

"It's okay, you're doing very well, miss Cebra."

Leila smiled as she took to her child, freeing it of the sac and nourishing it with love. Cyron, such a lovely name.

"You are very inspiring, miss Cebra. Really. It was my pleasure."
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
I'm assuming no post order? :)

He waited outside the den, making sure to be ready to bring more water if his love needed it, but it seemed that was not the case. He waited and waited, hearing snippets of the conversation that Leila and Cebra were having. He was still there - always prepared to get what his mate needed, and he was always there incase she needed him. When he was finally called, the man took a deep breath before stepping inside the overly-warm den. The newborns were easy to scent. His nerves grew as his eyes adjusted more to the darker tones of the birthing den, but as he approached his mate there was a wide, loving smile on his face. Illecebra. She had done it - she had birthed their children, and handled it like a pro, he would add.

His glance lingered on his wife as he came closer, filled with all the love a man could give, but the moment he caught sight of the pups his eyes were trained on them. "Oh, Cebra," He murmered as he watched them. He licked the top of his mate's head, glancing again at the young. Their children. He was a father. She was a mother. "They're beautiful." He added, smiling down at them. So small, so perfect, so young and carefree. There were three - one ash grey in colour, one golden like himself, and one grey and white. Oh, how beautiful they were. He couldn't have asked for anything else.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
i totally forgot to mention that, i thought i did sorry!!!

Illecebra licked and nibbled on her children's fur, the small squeaks and noises they made warming and thrilling her heart all at once. She felt her tail thump agaiinst the ground her golden eyes moistening at the pure beauty and innocence of her children-their children- and she made sure they fed. When Mawk entered the den she lifted her gaze and held his with her own for a few moments, a slow and loving smile taking place on her maw. "Rowana,Burr,and Cyron. Rowana looks like you, beautiful and strong in every way" her voice was hoarse from the screams of pain, so she spoke quietly.

She nudged the babes gently so that they faced Mawk, allowing him to greet them officially "Come see them. Two sons, one daughter. Mawk they are so perfect" she spoke in a reverant tone, her whole body tingling with the awe she felt. She had a family, three children, a mate to call her own it was so unbelievable.