Bitterroot Valley heaven's light / hellfire
gone girl
87 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Mother was gone. 

Sesi had woken one morning to the gentle hints of early dawn as rays of sunshine poked into the cavern that she and Mother shared. It had been nearly a year since Sesi had been whisked away from the Teekons and things seemed to be looking up for her finally. Though the Shadow King's presence lingered, she felt safe with the dark-coated female that had taken her in. The promise of keeping him at bay had been fulfilled when she obeyed the amber-eyed woman, and Sesi soon found herself as a compliant shadow at Mother's side. 

But now? 

Still waking, Sesi turned towards the older as she did every morning, greeting her sunnily, despite her fear that Mother would bring the Shadow King upon her for being woken. "M-Mother," stammered Sesi,  clenching her bladder as she reached a fragile paw towards her Mother's flank. It had been quite some time since Mother had accompanied her outside to relieve herself and Sesi was pressed to get the day going. Mother had always been a light sleeper, as she regularly begrudged Sesi of the noises she made when in the midst of a nightmare, and her not waking quickly indicated that something was wrong. With Sesi's heartbeat racing at this, the frail woman pulled herself from her curled position to a stand above her once-breathing caretaker. With both the urgency of needing to use the restroom and the fear that she held for Mother, Sesi acted boldly and drew forward a shaky forelimb once more to prod at the lifeless flank. This touch, unlike the previous one, delivered the gravity of the situation. What little sanity that had reconstructed in the past year imploded violently and Sesi back peddled at what her mind had finally grasped: Mother, like all the creatures that she had killed to feed them, was as still as could be. She was gone. 

She had nothing. 

With her world crumbling around her, Sesi stood, her eyes wide and maw agape. With little comprehension on anything, as she was still trying to grasp what had happened, a pitiful whine seeped from her mouth as urine flowed freely down her leg. She stood where she was for quite some time, frozen in time, as she attempted to tread the dangerous seas in her mind. Struggling with such emotions an unprecedented amount of time, Sesi resurfaced in a daze with a feeling in her heart that she had not experienced since Scarlett's death. She was now just as vulnerable as she had been that fateful day that she learned of her mother's passing, but now, Sesi found herself alone. 

She was nothing. 

Days had passed since Mother's death, and she found herself still within the quarters of the cave she had shared with Mother. The moon was high, illuminating both their home and the still figure that had been pushed towards the rear of the cave. Mother was beginning to decay, and Sesi knew that she could not stay much longer as the weight of the situation and the smell that filled the cave were both too much to bare. Sleep had not come easily to the pale-eyed woman, and she found herself napping in short intervals, waking to the harsh reality of what had happened. In time, Sesi blamed the Shadow King for her plight, as she did for everything. Though she was unsure of how he had gotten a hold of Mother, Sesi knew that lingering put her in danger. With this in mind, and with a heavy stone in the pit of her stomach, Sesi fled into the night, leaving behind all that she had been acquainted with for the past year. 

She didn't stop. 

Running until she had nothing left in her, Sesi blindly navigated through the tangle of the woods and back into the open wilderness of the Teekon. Day and night become one in the same as she ran, only keeping the occasional glance over her shoulder to see if she was being chased or not. Thankfully, it didn't seem as though the Shadow King was following and Sesi wondered naively if he had stayed within his sanctuary in the woods.

She couldn't stop. 

Even when she was nearly running on fumes, Sesi did not cease her escape. It was only when she broke down, from hunger, exhaustion, and dehydration, that she stopped. Crumpled beside the Qeya River, Sesi's breath turned ragged, her pale eyes beholding the water source before her. Knowing she needed something, Sesi pulled herself weakly to the shore. Pulling herself just out of reach, Sesi lapped helplessly at the mud upon the coast, getting all she could get from what the ground offered.
◆If you want to, I can sHoW you, what my dReAMs are made of◆
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Rabbit was super delicious. But something even more magical? Turtles. Fish. Clams.Oh the wonderous loving life of sea food. Water things. Play toys. The land above held food, yet, but it was hot, and Loki didn't much like what the heat did to him. But he was hungry, so a rabbit met it's demise swiftly upon crossing his path.

But for now, he swam in the stream's girth, enjoying all that it's touch offered. Swimming so much kept his flowing backwards, as if he were always at mach million speed through the air. Almost like little dorsal fins, little strands of fur, both dark and light were swet back as a ducktail at the top of crown to the nape of his neck. Handsome thing, little ol' Loki was.

He dived, understanding how the concept of holding his breath was key when being in the realm of Water. Of sweet, pretty, murderous-
popping a head from in the depths of the cool current, Loki peered through the glade, his emeralds locking onto another wolf. Ou, a visitor! A friend, a nice friend, come to play?
He dipped back beneath the surface, tucking forelimbs tight against his chest, ripping away what water resistance there was, and put his hinds to work, worming through the stream like some half and half colored dolphin. up and down he stroked, webbed back paws giving a good but powerful beating to the water.

Up he popped again, closer to the female. Within vocal allowance, he barked out, such a vivacious voice!

"Hey! Hey, hey, hello~"
                            BrEaK bReAk BrEaK my minD,             
                            breAk it tiLL my TaLe unWiNds,         
                            fOrcE my thoUghTs ThrOugh Hell aNd BacK,
                            oR leAVe Me heRE aLoNe to DiE. 
gone girl
87 Posts
Ooc —
The way in which Sesi lapped at the shore was almost manic and with good reason. Though not the best source of water, this had been the first drink she had come across in quite some time, and the detour was only a pitstop in the grand scheme of her plans. Sesi had every intention to keep running, as she was not entirely convinced that the Shadow King wasn't following her every step, and, as far as she was aware, she had no intentions of stopping her escape anytime soon. 

Though she was transfixed upon the shore, Sesi often broke from her revival to glance about, making sure that the coast was clear. Every so often, her pale eyes turned towards the nearby water source as her attention diverted. Though convinced that something was lurking about, she never caught sight as the other slipped beneath the surface and out of sight. This trend ceased as the other called out and grabbed her attention. 

Fear ensued as her eyes laid upon the Shadow King. Though she knew him to be a trickster, she was dumbstruck by how he had so effortlessly caught up with her. She had seen no others indication of him when running, nor had she known him to be able to appear out of thin air. He was evolving, that much she was aware of, and in her fragile state, Sesi didn't know how to comprehend this life-altering change.

With her heart racing, and with a newfound energy coursing through her with the adrenaline that spiked into that reserve, Sesi scambled back. "Shadow King!" came the screech from her muddied lips, her lips hanging agape as she stared at him in astonishment. Her sides quaked by the time she had managed to speak up, mud slipping from them as she stood frozen in time.
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Loki latched to the title as if he was fully pulling the strings. He wouldn't let this fun go to waste, oh no, where would that get him? what would that get him? Nothing! Nothing, nothing, nOThIng.

"Hello, hello, little one! Took you long enough to get here. Thught I would have to track you down, again. But no, no you my sweet, you never disappoint me."

Emeralds glared madly at her though his entire face smiled.

"I like that."

Loki dipped back under the water, swimming to the bank and only shook off the body part of his pelt. Trotting merrily to the tan and cream dusted fae, he sat and twisted his head in a near birdy manner to stare at her. To just Stare.
Stare, stare.
gone girl
87 Posts
Ooc —
Sesi has super short threads... Thanks for responding! Feel free to reply or I'll archive!

Her body quivered as she watched on in horror, unsure of what to do next. Though every fiber in her body urged her to run, the woman felt as though she was stuck in the mud, unable to remove herself from her position and the furthest she could move was a sharp jerk upwards. His words hit her like bullets, and she felt her body recoil to their every blow. A shrill whine slipped from her gaped jaw, unable to conceal how unhappy she was. 

The Shadow King acted oddly, even for him, and despite this fact, all she could do was watch in her terror as her heart threatened to jump from her breast and to the muddy shore below. With one last final dip, he slithered onto the coast, staring at her with venom in his eyes. What came next was not expected, as the Shadow King was one to main right away, but it was enough to get her moving from where she had been frozen. With his stare on her, Sesi climbed onto shaky legs as a small stream of urine trickled down her hind leg, feeling the full effect her fear and the effect it had on her body. 

Somehow finding strength in her weakness, Sesi gave a shrill cry and turned away quickly, running as fast as she could. Her belly brushed against the verdant tendrils of grass as she plowed through some nearby shrubbery in her escape, not minding the thorns that grabbed at her pelt as she fled. She would not stop until she felt somewhat at ease again, far away from the King that he found her once again.
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
This is hilarious. Am I wrong for thinking this could be a great friendship?

Loki sneezed, ruining any terrifying effect he once had, and once he looked back up, a screech of joy brought his lips to another smile. She was enjoying their time together, she was! She wet herself with utter happiness! And he had made his first friend, friend friend in such strange times! He had been wanting his friend for so long, and now here she was! She wasn't in his head, not anymore...she was here, happy and with him!

She wanted to play tag, it seemed, or race perhaps? Yes this was a race! He loved racing in the water, but it seemed she wanted a land race today. He was a good friend, so he would let her win this time. This was after all, her birthday. She deserved it! Yes, yes she did!

"Run, RuN, rUN!" he chanted behind her, dark and gleaming limbs flying behind her. This was how it should be, how it should always be,
with his new FrIEnd.
fOreVer.