Cassiopeia's View you can dip your feet once in a little while
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
All Welcome 
He had expected his time with Gnarled Oaks to be longer. But perhaps it was for the best. There was much of that land he hadn't visited, and so felt no attachment. He thought briefly of Liana, who'd woven interesting stories for him, and felt the brief pang of longing. She had been... nice. Ah, well. 

So it goes. 

Predictably, the beast had been drawn to the mountains. Where he found himself felt strangely familiar. From the shelf he could watch the sea. Unlike the place in his memory, the sea was distant from him now. A big, blue thing, strong. He liked it, and its presence felt to him a good omen. There would be another pack. He would make another home. In the meantime, he could enjoy the view.

throws this up! anyone welcome!
◆If you want to, I can sHoW you, what my dReAMs are made of◆
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
May I? :D

Loki was trotting through the Wilds, humming a bunch of songs to and from back and forth and around in circles in his head, a lovely bunch of unnamed and unimaginably wonderful tunes. Well, they were just the best! Brightest way to remake a good day was with songs! After all, who could resist the remixes he made? And who knew how melodious the squeaks and crys of dying baby rabbits could be? Paring a tune of a squeak and a bone crunch, now that was a masterpiece!

He was enjoying his day, nodding to himself with this majestic music lodged snuggly in his skull, when oh what did he see? A lovely new friend! Up high on the mountains, ledge galore! Rocks and boulders for days! That's all a mountain was, a gigantic rock. With a whole mass of energy, Loki made his way up, the few minutes giving him more time to reminisce over his catchy music, and upon the pale friend, he happened.

Now Loki was a strange sight to see, his dual coat providing him a gold body on one side and a side of the darkest black on the other. Poor guy was effected with chimerism, giving him not only two completely different coats half and halfed, but it affected his mind as well, handing the handsom yearling a completely bonkers personality named Loki, and his brother Kyber, who's tempered mind would only be considered sane, sweet, and the complete polar opposite of his maniacle other half.

"Hi there, hello, hello~ How are you, today?" Loki singsonged to the snow and cream dashed giant.
                            BrEaK bReAk BrEaK my minD,             
                            breAk it tiLL my TaLe unWiNds,         
                            fOrcE my thoUghTs ThrOugh Hell aNd BacK,
                            oR leAVe Me heRE aLoNe to DiE. 
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
hihi!!

This was not the first time Étoille's quiet had been interrupted. He was not too surprised; the scent of wolf was rich in the territory he'd passed, and he'd grown used to being kept from solitude. Near-black eyes slowly landed on the chipper figure beset him. A strange thing with a striking pattern. The man had never seen a wolf carrying that shade of gold, let alone have it contrasted so strongly against the dark of the rest of him. 

"Hello," he finally echoed, voice a low rumble. He shifted his weight from paw to paw, and added, "I am well." Étoille lapsed back into silence, glancing out at the sea. The younger male's brightness reminded him of something. After a few moments, he looked back, the movement laborous. "And yourself," he said, not a question so much as a returned sentiment. That would do.
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
~Waves all of the enthusiastically~

Loki loved this wolf's shhh-polite thing he had going on. It was almost gentleman-ly, and Loki scuttled closer to peer at the giant.

"I'm great! Great, and bored." The yearling smiled while switching a tail back and forth. he was amped up today, as he usually was, but he wasn't doing anything of major importance, other than chatting with a friend. One that wasn't dead, atleast.

"Whata ya up to, bucko?" Loki asked enthusiastically.
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
The little thing moved closer. Ah. Was Étoille old enough yet to think, ah, youth? And surely he had not been so restless. There had been no need for him to be, he supposed. Generally, he found himself contented. Life was a simple thing.

Hm. He looked out at the sea, thoughtful. "Traveling," the man answered after another lengthy pause. "My previous pack... disbanded. And now I am here." It wasn't a particularly interesting story. Everyone simply moved on, as far as he knew. He had not bothered to investigate.

Étoille supposed the youth would not be contented with just that. "You are from here," he said, attempting to engage properly. He could converse just fine. It wasn't his favorite activity, but maybe this strange gold and black boy had something interesting to share with him.
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
"Well that's just wonderful! Traveling, traveling, a wolf who travels, travelling until his heart is content, content, beating no more~"

Loki did a shuffle, hunching his left shoulder, then his right, alternating between the two. A little jig it was, as a new beat erupted inbetween blinks, silent blinks, mind blinks. Always within himself, discos and fun shabangs sparked to life. He was both selfish and selfless, sharing pieces of his masquerade ball but never the entirety of his thrill.
That just spoiled the fun!

Upon mentioning the solitude thrust on his new pal's shoulders, Loki switched moves from the jaunty dance to a near mannequin rivaling stillness. He turned to the older wolf, short triggered motions that could mask the chimeric wolf as robotic. Unnaturally he moved, but eventually the uneven swivel of his head landed on Étoille.

"Now that...is tragic."

Loki know how painful it was to be forced from a ppack, as over and over again he was deemed a monster, insane, unfit to be within a family, as all he posed was a threat to anyone and everyone. He was mad, but madness wasn't so bad, now was it? Especially considering the lunatic now had an overseer, kind and stern to the chimera, cool and steady. A right ruler of this new haven he promised would be theirs if only he was pATiENT.
PAtIteNce.
He would be patient, patient for his Master. His King. Patience.

Loki broke from the memory, his slick voice siddling comfortable, friendly and beckoning to the stranger.

"I am from these lands!"  he lied, blending such falsehoods as smooth as unintentional sin.

"But there is someone who has given me a home in these forests, friend! He is wise, strong, he is a leader by right! He will give you a rightful place of comfort, then nothing will disband, we will not disband, because we are all Family," he cooed, moreso to himself, the reassurement easing him into something remarkably close to delicious relaxation. The thought of his Master was relishing to Loki, as the trickster gained some sense of balance, ease with the massive black wolf known as Slade. Since he had pledged himself to the dark wolf, Loki had been adequately given massive bouts of room, no segregation from others, and treated as if he wee normal! One of them! He was free, and loved, a baby brother to the Family! The Keepers.
Well kept, indeed.

"If you want welcome in these lands, nice and trustworthy, you will find Slade, and he will keep you. We all will keep you, and you will be safe. No one will forsake you ever again!"

Loki bounced on his paws, gay again in his dashing touch of being a member of a family, cared about, and something worthwhile after joining forces with The Nightmare King and his little Son. It was a glorious thing! And he would preach about it until the sun died!

Life was hard for an older wolf, and Loki knew that. He was glad he was a fledgeling still. It was useful! He wasn't ready for the world to rip him apart, just yet, even though he was already torn in two. Cruel it was, life was unforgiving of mistakes, and in his lack of years, he hadn't made that many. The trickster, wily and unpredictable was vivacious in his pursuits to make them though~
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
He had not anticipated such a strong reaction from the bicolored male. And such whiplash at that. The sudden switch from liveliness to something... inanimate deeply unsettled the beast. He had met with strange, unstable creatures before. But theirs had been consistent. He blinked. "I am not too bothered," Étoille clarified slowly, the low rumble of his voice tinged with alarm. "I was not there long." He supposed it would be a tragedy if it had been his family's home, or something of that ilk. But his time with the small group of strangers had numbered months only. Despite his previous Alpha's desire to run the pack like a family, it simply had not been.

To his immense relief, the little chimera abandoned his creepy act. But the boy was going on about... family. Some creature named Slade. A bizarre recruitment, perhaps. Still unsettled, Étoille rolled his shoulders in a passive gesture. "I will consider this," he told him. It was honest, if only to appease the strange little thing. In truth Étoille was not concerned with finding another pack just yet. He did not wish to stay a loner, sure, but he was confident he would end up where he was meant to go eventually. What the boy was offering seemed a little... regressive. Forsake was a strong word and not very applicable. He did not feel the need to correct him, though. 

"I am Étoille." The man said after a few beats. "And yourself," he added. If he eventually investigated this Slade, it would help to have the name of his recruiter, no?
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
"Nice to meet ya, Étoille!" he responded with vigor. "I am Loki, pleased to meet ya." He did a nice little bow, curving a dark foreleg over a bright one, dipping low.

"I can't tell you how wonderful it is to make a friend, Étoille," he continued. "There's just so many wolves, but none willing to play! So many through the trees, in the lands, sometimes, even in the sky! But none want anything to do with me," Loki wasn't really going for a pity story but something about today, about meeting this one wolf that didn't head for the hills when talking to him, or even outright attack him; it just hit a cord.
"I get lonely sometimes. And bored. A lot of bored."

Springing back up, he blew past the cream and ivory wolf, just wanting to move. 

"But its fine! Because we're friends! And friends don't do that. The don't do the bored together, so we're gonna make the best of it~"
Now the type of fun Loki was interested was rather one sided, as it got morbid occasionally, but he mainly was just a hyperactive soul. A bit sinister, but more foused in being energized than murdering anything as of this moment.
And swimming...he loved swimming.

"What things do YOU like not being bored by, Étoille?" he inquired, rapid wags of his tail giving the air a kick of wind.
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
The sprightly creature did not seem put off by Étoille's noncommital response. He was relieved by that. One never knew. He named himself as Loki. The man dipped his head, acknowledging the reply. 

Friends seemed a stretch. They'd only just met. Loki seemed to be on the hyperactive side, though, and young to boot. He blinked again. In the.. sky? The trees? That sounded like something from a parable. Something Liana would have told him. He briefly wondered what she would have made of this child, then dismissed the thought. 

It occured to Étoille he was being roped into some sort of activity with the yearling. Well, he had nothing else to do. "I do not get bored," he answered, honest. Boredom was foreign. It required a level of engagement with his surroundings that Étoille could not be bothered to give. Should he feel the need to move, he did, but largely he found himself content with his circumstances, regardless of what they were. 

He wondered if he should offer something more in conversation. "Since I am new, perhaps we will explore." It was not exactly an offer or question. But if Loki did not wish to do so, that would be fine as well. The chimera could take off without explanation and Étoille would be unbothered. That was just his way.
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Loki wished he never got bored. Life would be so much more wonderful if he was never bored. It would be, wouldn't it? Of course, of course!

Anything in particular you would like to stumble across? :P

Loki bounded ahead, making a clear path down the stony side of the minor mountain, knocking little rocks and chucks of semi-soil to sit precariously near the edge. What did he wanna find, this handsome old man? Something edible? He liked edible things. Especially fish.

Turning to look behind him to make sure his cream and ivory bestie was making his way with him, Loki took off again, sprining forward in a spritz of more steps. Where to now? Surely there was plenty to find, in their exploration. All it would require was a little time, and another song~
He kept it inside only for so long, before the tune of the various noises that composed what he considered a 'song' made him start his little wiggle dance again, butt and tail hefting left and right as his front kept up with the tempo.
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
oh man good question!! whatd be most interesting w these two... 'slade' would be the fun answer LMAO but im down for whatever, bear, fish, a neat cave

Étoille let the young chimera bound ahead. He followed at a steady, lumbering pace, unbothered. Near-black eyes trailed the figure as it danced precariously by the edge of the cliffside. His companion falling to his death - or at least minor injury - would be an awkward end to their gathering. The boy seemed sure enough of himself, though. And he was singing. Strangely this felt comfortable to the larger man. There was something about having an energetic companion that amused him, just slightly. After a few minutes of silence, he spoke again. "Tell me more about this place. Your family." It was more polite questioning than genuine interest, though he had to admit his curiousity was sparked by the firecracker.
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
I can dig that. A Bearfish eating a cave! xDDD Jk, we'll go fun wiff leh Slade, then.

Loki reached the end of the rocky upscale, and he thumped on the warm grasses of the Wilds. He knew exactly what fun they could have! They could go meet-

Just as if the cream and ivory older wolf was trotting through his mind, Loki spun and stated with gleeful awe, "You were standing right in my brain! I was thinking I'd bring them up! Clever you, sweetie pooh~"

What was that? Black thing right behind him, escaping his eye? A toy! A set of circles he turned, makinghimself a fool as he chased his tail. Round and perfect circles, as he was temporarily distracted by the illusive thing! How dare it run from him! The mighty Loki!

"Die, DIe, diE-" he snarled at the fleeing object.
His burst of energy soon ran dry, and flopping with splayed legs on the grassy land, Loki panted out, "Family, good family, sweet family, kind family."

Once he caught a decent heft of air, Loki looked up to the gentle giant, with a wolfy grin.  "They are wolves, this time!" A cackle left him at his own inside joke, something disturbing in the jest that only he would find humorous this time. "There is a girl, beautiful, sweet and fair, a healer and midwife, eyes of dethawing spring, but she too has her dark sides. Give her a reason to defend someone or something with her life, and she turns into a savage! So soft, so savage~" A giggle left him after his introduction of Leila, then which he remembered of her other half. "But with her looms a darkness, both guardian angel and first son of Slade eyes of winter's apathy, but no trace of blood from his veins even says 'Slade'! He is her brother, and they look out for one another. tight, and will defend eachother until their dying breaths. Both trained by and loyal to Master Slade."

Loki animatedly tipped his head to the side, going down the list.  "Then there is he who was lulled in by companionship, a lonely man who claims he is never alone when he has himself. A strong and very disciplinary wolf, eyes of the most fertile of grass. Red wolf, he is, and defender of the angel girl he also chooses to be...but they in fact, are not related. Something more sleeps between he and her, but soon, it will awaken."

Loki righted his head and stood, making his way in the direction of the Phantom Hollows, already beginning on the next wolf. "Then there is Master Slade's second latest son, his heir so he's labled him, who's eyes resembled old blood. He too is a darker wolf, coated with the same void the first son and the Sire wear daily, but he hasn't earned his darkness, yet. He is still a sprout, yet to bloom and florish~"

The time the descriptions took, they had managed to make it to the fringes of the Phantom Hollows. He began on the last, saving the best for the final introduction. Step by step he took inside the fogging lands, and Loki began his bit on his own keeper.

"Then the head of them all is Master Slade, who swears he once led a life of success and victorious fear over others in his reign as the Alpha of The Nightmares. His wife, though, oh no, cheated on the decrepit soul, and was slaughtered with he who she did the dirty with...his own second in command. He was tortured though that infidelity, and had left his pack, and taken to making it to Teekon, where he's gathered the wolves for the next pack."
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
srry for the wait!!

As per usual, his proclivity for politeness was his downfall. That was a bit dramatic, admitedly, but the boy could talk. "Sweetie pooh" would rattle between his ears for weeks. He was unsure if he should be amused or offended, but he settled on amused as he watched the chimera dart around. Such a strange little creature, though Étoille really wasn't one to judge. If he had a few screws loose, that was his business, so long as he respected the man's boundaries.

"I had assumed," he couldn't help but murmur at Loki's outburst of their species. Had the boy been shacking up with other animals? That would certainly explain a lot. He took a seat, still as stone. Perhaps as expected, Loki's descriptions of his family were frivolous. It felt like a narrative. He listened dutifully anyway. 

They had begun moving again at some point. Étoille paid little attention to their changing surroundings. As always, he was unconcerned with more than the space he took up. His eyes had yet to leave the chimera's form, passively interested in the story. "Do these characters have names," he asked, not expecting an answer. The boy was too wrapped up in the tale. Ah, Slade. "Alpha of Nightmares." All this darkness was not the man's usual pace. But, still. 

"Teekon?" He asked with genuine interest. A location most likely. Étoille realised at this point he was most surely being recruited. But he did not feel the need to break away yet. Bluntly, he did not conceive of Loki as a threatening force. This could be a mistake. Only time would tell.
47 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
No worries. No rush. W_^V

Loki was so enraptured by his tale that he had almost overlooked the asking of the names. He took a breath to begin a completely different rail of words when it thunked him on the head just before the next rant-in-line.

"Names, names, yes! They are all named, friend, and those names are special names. There is Redmoon, Leila, Makaro, and Cry, as there is Slade, Loki, and now his best friend, Étoille!~"

Loki skipped forward a bit, looking around, sniffing, and actually tried to subtly find his Keeper. But the massive man was a ghost! Such a gone man, he was, never wanting to be found until he said otherwise.

"So! The best Étoille there ever was, I think I'm gonna have to find Master Slade for you, but I don't actually have to! Because he knows we're here, I just can't find him," Loki went completely circle in the sentence.  "But I like you, Étoille! You have spirit! Gusto! Zest! And you deserve a good meal and a hug for it. "

What was he supposed to be talking about, again?
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
It didn't take long for Slade to catch the sound of voices in his woods, or raather the woods he called himself claiming temporarily for solace. It was usually a quiet abode, dark, and shrouded in infamous mists that had the intimate pleasure of tricking eyes. This place was home to Slade, the King of Nightmares, though it was a lonesome job ruling only yourself. He had plans, though. These woulds had pulled him into a more savage sense of mind, and with his age, he knew something as twisted and lovely as scaring strangers couldn't last forever, so with the incoming age, Slade had decided he would mellow out. Or atleast seem like he had.

Deep strides, calm, silent, he walked towards the voices in his ominous lair. The mists unfurled before him as a carpet of mystery, both shedding before him and encompassing him. A massive wolf he was, Mackenzie running pure and evident through his veins, though with such size, one would wonder how even a Mackenzie could be so enormous. A King was how he held himself as he approached the two, though he kept his tail soft, the silken serpinetine banner hanging comfortably by muscled hocks.

A cream and snow man sat with his little jester, the confused little yearling he had taken under his flaw not too long ago. He was making a nice smidge of wark bringing wolves from all over to meet Slade's approval, and this alone was enough to please him. Even if he was a horrible recruiter, the chimera was apt and vivid, ensnaring wolves with his stories, and bringing them to where he considered 'home' to be.
Right to Slade.

"Greetings, newcomer. I am Slade, the wolf which Loki here raves to you about. I appreciate your patience in hearing his banter."

Kindly baritones rumbled from deep in the abyss of the behemoth, a voice near godlike in timbre. Volcanic irises set on the older male, a soft barage of colors molded on the company. He seemed able, humble. But what of him?
                                                                                       [Image: lodaup96f21.gif]
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
He was not paying much attention as the woods darkened around them. Again he felt a gentle protest arise in him at the inclusion of his name on Loki's list. They had newly met, it seemed... a stretch. But harmless anyway. 

Not that he had much choice in the matter. Slade was upon them. Étoille turned, eyes falling on the massive figure. Immediately he was impressed. The man liked size, though he had met plenty who didn't use it properly. He hoped Slade was not one of them, or it would be a waste. It was not often he met one who's form bested his own tremendous scale. He did not read aggression on the other figure. 

Politely Étoille dipped his head. "He is fine," he said, his voice a rumble too. Loki was an oddity but a harmless one. "I am Étoille. Well met." And it was, if only because Étoille enjoyed the company of other large beasts.  "I am new to these lands," he continued after a pause, "Loki told me of your family." He did not normally speak so much. Étoille vastly preferred to be silent. But it seemed necessary to give a proper introduction. He glanced to the chimera, dimly curious of their dynamic. His interest was still non-commital, but this was promising.