Morningside Cuesta if you can't be good, be gone
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Pack Activity 
Hi superfriends. This is a mandatory pack meeting. This round will end on June 14th! @Sylvas Streiter @Heartha @Khoe @Liri @Dawn @Kieran Adrien
Though the pack's ranks were far from bursting, Grayday was beginning to worry about the amount of wolves that would soon be under his care. With both Akuti and Liri expecting, and with Heartha desiring a litter of her own, Day couldn't help but think about the winter to come, and about what it would mean for his family if they were forced to stay here for it. Though the cuesta seemed like a refuge at the moment, he knew it would be a very different landscape come the end of autumn.

With the need to move burning inside him, he lifted his head and called for an impromptu assembly; this was an item that they should not wait to discuss.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran had been napping when the call reached his ears. Standing and stretching (accompanied by a large yawn), the boy began to make his way to the source of the sound. It did not take long for him to get there, and when he did, Kieran wagged his tail and sat nearby. "Hullo!" He greeted, smiling. His nap, it seemed, had renewed his energy and improved his mood - even so, he was never really down. Or, he hadn't been lately. He was just... happy.

The young hunter looked up at the leader, perking his ears to listen to what he might have to say, while shooting a glance around to see if the others were arriving yet.
English * French
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Khoe heard Grayday's call, and though she was excited to have had his summoning, she couldn't move with the haste she would have liked to. She sauntered toward him, grumbling and growling as she went along as if to warn any nearby packmates to keep their distance. Her back was arched to alleviate some of the aches, but this only further increased the stress on her tired limbs; Khoe was the farthest from a happy trooper as one could ever hope to see.

Once she found her spot amongst the two who were already present, she smiled at Kieran and gave a nod of greeting to her mate. Hello there, she sighed, before stretching out and readjusting herself.

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
It went without saying that Liri remained as well hidden from her pack members as she could. 

The snow sprite was in no shape to hunt or perform many tasks of physical labor. Much of her time was spent sleeping, and consequently healing, or readying a den for when she gave birth. 

The healer felt guilty whenever Sunspot would help her, often by bringing her charge game or herbs from the caches. Liri took only what she needed from the creamy woman who had become her keeper and protector. Yet, this didn't assuage the notion that the rest of Morningside would find her useless. 

The sylph could avoid directly interacting with any of the members by remaining hidden away in the den, of which only Sunspot could approach without the young mother feeling territorial. She could not, however, avoid a direct summons to a pack meeting. 

The patch-work of scars limped to the clearing with only a dull ache in her ankle rather than a burning throb. She lingered on the fringes of the gathering, avoiding the gazes of those already arrived as she posed submissively. 

The woman's dark eyes flickered discreetly, searching for Sunspot subconciously. The woman was her anchor of familiarity and Liri felt unbalanced without the presence of her caretaker.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot was not far behind her pale, patchwork charge. She took her role - guardian, caretaker, parole officer - very seriously, but she'd let herself relax once it was clear Liri didn't want to cause trouble. And why would she? Though Sunspot could see that being served rankled the young woman, there was no denying that Morningside was treating her well. Often, the Huntress thought about trying to soothe Liri's guilt over this, but she always thought better of it before she got the chance. It was better if she felt she owed them.

Still, she had a soft smile and kind words for the woman. "Hey," she greeted, tail wagging as she came up beside Liri and settled nearby, her large form partially walling the young woman from the rest of the pack. Grayday shot her a quizical look, but she paid it no mind. "How are you feeling?"
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The mercenary strode toward the gathering, having not been roaming far from where Grayday had decided to summon them all. And as he approached his golden gaze slowly looked around at those that had gathered, offering a polite nod in greeting to the other members of the pack as he made his way toward his son, gradually coming up to the boy to slowly stand beside him. Giving Kieran a gentle nudge to the shoulder, the brunette and cream hued male then offered Grayday a courteous bow of his head and a warm smile, his unkept tail giving a gentle wag behind him as he stood with the rest of the pack, quietly waiting for the others to arrive for the meeting to start.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the girl came quickly enough, yet was still rather late to the meeting. she had seen little of Aoife in a while, now, and didn't feel like seeking out the woman- her adventures seemed less pressing, now that other major things were happening, the largest in her small life thus far. she had realized somewhere along the way that she was going to be a big sister, and wasn't yet sure how she felt about that. 

still, those were thoughts for another time, and when she plopped herself next to Kieran with a clipped grin in his direction, her attention focused on her Da, and waited to hear what he had to say.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha was skulking about when she heard Grayday's call. She felt as if something was constantly following her, and she would see flashes of movements. It put her on edge. And Grayday's howl was just what she needed to bring her out of it. She'd nearly forgotten of the past transgression between her, Sylvas and Grayday with Khoe having been there also. 

She felt ready to let bygones be bygones, wanting to help if Khoe would accept. Something that would need to be discussed for another time, if Heartha ever found the time to do so. 

She saw Kieran there, someone she hadn't seen personally for quite some time, and she gave a little nod to him. The same was done for everyone else, and she managed to put a small smile toward Khoe, as if a signal that she wanted to repair the broken bond.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
This round ends on 6/26! No posting order. @Khoe @Dawn @Heartha @Sylvas Streiter @Kieran Adrien @Liri
When everyone had arrived, Day let out a soft breath and glanced around at the small gathering. He did one last head-count before settling his rump on the ground and getting down to business.

"Thanks for coming so quickly. I know I've had a few individual conversations about moving with some of you, but with everything that's been happening lately, I figured we might all talk about it together," he explained, his eyes still scanning the faces around him. Damn his eyes - he'd have to consult Khoe and Sylvas later on to see if they noticed anything off. "I'm thinkin' we should leave as soon as we can - probably as soon as the youngest pups we have see at least a season. They should be able to travel by then, but only a little at a time. For now, we need to start looking into places that would be good for the winter. Has anyone seen something good?"

Grayday had a few ideas himself, but if one of these wolves had seen the holy land, they might as well know.
What's Mine is Ours
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Yay, happy 100 posts for Kier! :)

Kieran smiled at Khoe as she arrived and stretched out on the ground. He gave a nod of greeting. Though, when the white furred one arrived, he gave a curious tilt of his head. He did not approach her (mainly he was unsure if she was willing to talk to him, since she looked rather uncomfortable), but he did send her a smile and small wag of his tail. A newcomer? She had... many scars, now that he looked. She was limping, too. Was she alright? Well, the answer was clear, but he was indeed curious. Who was she? 

Next came Sunspot, who he also gave a smile and a nod to. After her came his father, Sylvas, and he gave a wag of his tail as the wolf approach, nudging him gently on the shoulder and standing beside him. Honestly, Kieran had been fairly... absent today. Just thinking - it seemed he did that a lot. About mother, about Sorrel, and recently... about Hawthorn. Where his friend had gone, he did not know. It was like he simply vanished. Kieran missed him. He'd never been so close to someone his age, not even his sister had the same bond that he and Haw had had. The Hunter felt slightly... lost without him.

Breaking free of his thoughts, the boy watched Dawn sit beside him, and he returned the grin. Then he glanced up at Grayday as he began to speak, all the wolves in the pack gathered around and listening. So, they were leaving. What of the hill that Kieran had made into his little offering place? He... he could find another. After all, nobody was buried there. He had only used it as a place to give, and he could find another place like that. Though he was slightly reluctant to leave his spot (and this place, since it was the last place he had seen Hawthorn), he knew it was for the best. They needed a good spot for the winter, even if that was rather far away. Time flew. Kieran stepped forward. "I'm not too sure about places, but has anyone noticed where Hawthorn is? I haven't seen him around for so long..." They probably had about as much idea as he did. He had not wanted to go off topic, but he had wanted to ask for a while, and hadn't gotten the chance. "Sorry for going off topic, I just really wanted to know if anyone has seen him recently..."
English * French
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the thought of adventure, of journeying, brought a grin to her face, unbidden. she had no emotional attachment to this place, and while it was a good place, she wouldn't miss it - more places where calling, in Morningside had grown stagnant. "I know a place! It's a big forest, north of a wetland, east of here - I saw it when I was adventuring with - when I was adventuring." she finished, suddenly sheepish, cheeks hot as she gave away the little secret she had kept for so long. Aoife and her adventures were a thing of the past, now...something she felt mildly nostalgic about, and often wondered what had happened to the woman. 

Kieran's words had her twist to face him, regarding him with a bit of confusion, then surprise. Hawthorn. She had almost forgotten the boy, which brought forth an odd bit of shame. " Kieran, I haven't seen him - scented him - for months. A few months. He's gone - long gone."  she stated, matter-of-fact words softened slightly by confusion and a bit of tact, knowing the boys had been close. But Hawthorn - he had been gone since early spring. Why did the boy ask of him now? her brow furrowed, and her gaze remained fixed on the boy, a the slightest bit of pity in her gaze, hardly readable unless one searched for it.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha was afraid that they would lose some along the way. Just as she and Sylvas had, on the way to Morningside. Eden, Tulip...she had forgotten the names of the others by now. Somehow, she had forgotten. 

Heartha turned to Kieran. All attention to him. She had not even heard or scented Hawthorn in a long time either, she was now even more worried than before. "Hawthorn" she whispered, another one gone. She would have offered a place that she and Sylvas had been before, but her mind was set on Hawthorn now.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Khoe had to fight to even remember who Hawthorn was. He'd been around when her focus was on Grayday, so she'd been admittedly negligent of her packmates at the time. She pushed that thought and the guilt that came with it to the back of her mind. North of a wetland...that means we can expect prey. And forest foliage offers a lot of coverage. It's safe and practical. Khoe turned to Grayday to see if he agreed. So far as she was concerned, it was a brilliant idea. She made an effort to reach out and touch Dawn with a sort of Good job! nudge, and hoped that it would be taken well.

Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Eeep, little smidge of foreshadowing??

Perhaps he should not have brought him up. But he needed to know... just something. Anything. Just a single trace of Hawthorn would be enough. Kieran glanced up at Dawn with a glint of sadness in his foresty eyes. "I... I know... I just wanted to ask..." Just in case. But he knew there would be nothing. He would have found something by now, for he had spent every day searching and wondering where he might be. Nobody else seemed to know either, and it sent a pang of grief to his heart. Why was it that he was losing everyone? His mother, his sister, now Hawthorn. Who was next? Only he and his father were left.

Everyone had their attention on him now, and the boy wasn't quite sure he liked it. His gaze swept to the ground in a small attempt to hide from their stares, though it did not aid him. He remained silent, somewhat glad to have the focus of the conversation switched to locations, rather than the lost youngster. Kieran did not speak up during this - he didn't think he'd be able to. So many swirling thoughts cascaded around in his mind, all of them tainted with fear that he may have lost his friend.

Hawthorn, where did you go?
English * French
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Okay, no more posting order or rounds. I'm going to close this up in a week or two. Anyone who has something to say can say it.
Grayday shook his head regretfully. The time to look for Hawthorn was long past. "I'm sorry, Kieran. He's been gone for months, now - the best thing we can do is hope we'll see him again. I left home when I wasn't much older than you are, and I still managed to run into family again." Eventually. He felt for the boy, but there wasn't anything Grayday could do.

He looked toward Dawn, proud that she'd made a suggestion, but not convinced that it would be the best place to go. "I don't know if we should be moving further into the colder region for winter," he said with a small smile, tail wagging to show he was still pleased by her participation. "More tree cover would be ideal, though."

"Think we should move back west a ways - on the other side of that mountain range, there's a field of hotsprings. It's right next to Silvertip Mountain, actually, but I don't think we'll settle there. A scouting trip might be in order."

He looked to Dawn and Sunspot as he said this, wondering if the two would be up for a bit of an expedition.
What's Mine is Ours