Morningside Cuesta Les Regrets
353 Posts
Ooc —
@Khoe

Heartha had set out for a walk, but she had asked Spot for permission first. She didn't seem to mind, at least that's what Heartha had thought at first. The older female wanted a breath of fresh air, not being cramped up in a den.

The she-wolf had headed for the Twin-tree Meadow. There, she rested beneath the twin-tree of the meadow, looking at to the morning sun. Taking in the fresh air of a non-cramped up space, not beng watched for the entire day. Where she could think about things, peacefully and in an open space. And she had a lot on her mind.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Aside from visiting the lavender patch, Twin-Tree had been one of Khoe's favorite activities. The grasses and flowers grew to be so tall that she sometimes pretended she was invisible while folded between their stalks. That being considered, it wasn't entirely Heartha's faullt that she come so close to where Khoe hid. Her initial reaction was a low, bubbling growl, though this quickly faded, leaving her warning purely based on sight. Her lips were curled and her ears folded back, though Khoe made no move to attack. The den was nearby (only a few moment's walk, if that) and she didn't like having uninvited company where the smell of her pups could be detected.

Khoe stood up and immediately made eye contact with the greying femme, waiting for her to speak.

353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha froze up when she caught the scent first, then heard the low growl. How had she mistakenly come so close to the one she was told to not go near. Heartha slowly turned her head to meet Khoe's gaze. She quickly stood up, taking a step back with her tail between her rear legs. 

"K-Khoe?!" This couldn't end well. She could tell that Khoe was not only acting this way just because Heartha had gotten close without realising. No, something told the older female that there was another reason...Khoe knew what happened. "Khoe...listen, I didn't mean to come by here. I-I was just out for a walk." She really hoped Spot was nearby to help diffuse the situation before it could get any worse.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Submission, it pleased her, though not quite enough to sate her anger. Heartha's explanations fell on deaf ears; what decisions led up to this moment had already been orchestrated. There was a bigger question on the table: What now? @Grayday was undoubtedly nearby, though still far enough that a howl would need to be sounded to get his attention. Sunspot had been watching over Heartha, but considering the less-than-amazing reviews left in her name, Khoe wasn't worried about finding her lurking around the two. Ungrateful, Khoe whispered, You are so ungrateful. 

The fury that she'd had when she first got word of Heartha's possible pregnancy had simmered out; she no longer cared to hold such strong emotions against such an insignificant character in her life's book. Grayday gave you everything, and you still went against him. Is it worth it? All of the disappointment and betrayal? The words were spoken with an almost eery calm; there was always quiet before the storm.

353 Posts
Ooc —
She gulped. Held back any resentful words that threatened to come up as Khoe's own words battered Heartha's own emotions. In all truth, she deserved it. She had gotten way ahead of herself, and she knew that now. For some reason, she had expected no such complications or repercussions when it had happened, but her emotions had gotten the better of her. Now, she saw the consequences. 

It may not have been enough, it may not ever be enough, but still she gave only two words, her head hung low. "...I'm sorry." 
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Khoe laughed under her breath and dropped her aggressive snarl. Her hackles fell, as did her stub, and she widened her eyes from the slits they had been. As far as she was concerned, this conversation would soon be over, if it wasn't already. No, you aren't, she breathed, but you will be, because if any of your bastards threaten the lives of my children, I will kill each of them individually and make you watch. It wasn't a threat, but rather, a promise. Her pups had been born with an exclusive breeding rite, one that Heartha had been denied. Therefore, she saw nothing wrong with offing the illegitimates. 

Stay away from us, Heartha. I don't want to ask again.

353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha's ears pinned back submissively, out of fear. For herself, and now the unborns inside her, if there were truly any. It was a reasonable promise, if Heartha were in khoe's position she would not deny, she would promise the same. But Khoe was in the right here, even though Khoe's threatening promise was a bit more than a little scare to Heartha. 

Any hopes of repairing any sort of friendship was gone, and she hoped Grayday would not hear of this. Or anyone, for that matter. She slowly nodded and backed off, turning away from Khoe, slinking away. She felt her heart ache, Khoe's words had really hit her hard.