Noctisardor Bypass Like a river
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Aw! Little character development between Gwen and @Mawk, but anyone can join in if they'd like.

Deep blue eyes locked onto her target - a small but plump rabbit, apparently fat with the plentiful plants that the Spring had brought. She stalked forward, as silent as a mouse hiding from a predator, then paused. She watched the herbivore as it munched away on what seemed to be just green grass. The grass, luckily for Gwen, was long around this part of the Bypass, so she had plently of hiding spaces. The white beauty watched for a few minutes, waiting for the perfect moment to pounce, and when it came she leapt gracefully forward.

The icy queen landed square on the rabbit's back. It was the easiest way. Not wasting any time, she leaned down and bit the prey's neck to end its life. At least it hadn't been in too much pain. The caches were very much full at the moment, as everyone had been contributing when they could, but Gwen was not all that hungry herself at the moment. She would bury this corpse later. Or, perhaps, she'd give it to Mawk or Leila to pass over to Cebra. The new mother must be getting hungry rather fast. The Empress had heard about the birth soon after it had started - Horosk had come to let her know, saying that Mawk had sent him.  

The heat was changing. It had been growing warmer the last few days, but it was barely noticeable. Gwen, however, noticed it now. Her fur was still thick and warm, which wasn't really great. She could cope for now, though. With a small sigh, the woman carried the lifeless rabbit to a nice shady tree, leaning down and resting beneath it, with the corpse between her paws. She had many things to plan, but she was more relaxed today than usual. Her mind had been distracted from Knew for a few days, which she took to be a good sign. She had not been dwelling on the lack of his presence. Instead, she had been thinking about her and Day's discussion a few days ago. They were going to form a plan to take down Kelina. Gwen knew that Horosk was struggling somewhat, but she still wanted him to take part in hunting the woman down. She knew how close ties to family could be, and although she had none left, she understood what Horosk might be feeling. Even so, that did not excuse him from taking part in the hunt. Perhaps he might not be the one to end the woman's life, but he would still be required to be involved.

A familiar scent reached her nose, breaking her train of thought momentarily. "Mawk?" She questioned, noticing then the steady approach of the new father. "How are you doing? Is everything alright?"
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk had not seen the queen take down the rabbit, but he could smell it from a distance. He was not all that far from the Empress, it seemed. She, too, spotted him and called out. "Gwen." He nodded respectfully, sitting down, leaving a safe space between them. "Everything is fine, I believe. Cebra and the pups are doing well." The man smiled, thinking about his new children. He felt connected with them already, and had vowed to protect them with his life. "I was wondering how you were doing." He switched the conversation to her.

Though he hadn't led a pack before himself, he could tell that doing so put your subordinates before you. It meant putting your own problems to the side so you could help others. But even with that knowledge, he also knew that even the leaders needed time to sort out their own issues, so he wanted to help her. He had remembered Knew. He did not know much of the pair's relationship before the group banded together, but that was not information he needed to know. They were their own personal memories. It seemed, though, that there were other issues that could be on the queen's mind. Oftentimes that was the case.
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen smiled at the Medio, glad that she had a friend like him. "I am well, thank you Mawk. I've been a little stressed with everything, but it's improving. And I'm glad that Cebra and the young are well too - i'd love to see them sometime." She tilted her head, a small question within her words. It would be good for her to see the young, innocent pups. So pure in their ways and innocent in their minds. Beautiful. Besides, she wanted to have a good conversation with Cebra - she hadn't done that in a little while, unfortunately.

"I thank you for your concern, really I do. It means a lot that you care to come and seek me out." She glanced around, then at the rabbit. "Care to share this with me? We could talk for a while perhaps, if you have time."
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]