Swiftcurrent Creek bought my ticket for the long way round
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
He hadn't strayed beyond Wapun Meadow before, so this was all very exhillarating for Nikai. Everything was new and to him, the fear that Valette had expressed in her howl wasn't there at all — he felt wild and free and home and their mother were very far from his mind. He felt more alive than he ever had in his short life, in which he had, for as long as he remembered, taken the role of caretaker in some form or the other. To be freed of that, even if for a little while, made him feel great and for once he didn't feel guilty about it as he spent this time with Keoni.

As she nudged him he glanced in the direction she gestured in. He followed by her side and realised only when he saw the river that he had been thirsty. Nikai lowered his head to drink and lapped up a good amount of water. Then he glanced at the mountains and wondered aloud, "I wonder where you're taking me..." There was a dreamy note to his voice as he felt excited to be here, like he wasn't sure what to expect and like anything could be beyond these mountains. If only Keoni could tell him — but he knew he should be patient, as that was all he could at the moment.
Messages In This Thread
bought my ticket for the long way round - by Keoni - June 02, 2017, 02:36 PM
RE: bought my ticket for the long way round - by Nikai - June 06, 2017, 06:46 AM
RE: bought my ticket for the long way round - by Keoni - June 28, 2017, 07:36 AM
RE: bought my ticket for the long way round - by Nikai - June 29, 2017, 06:05 AM