Swiftcurrent Creek precious and fragile things
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
for any creek members :D

Dovev hadn't strayed far from the creek since they had returned from that ridiculous two-pronged attack his packmate and he had on the outskirts of the territory. The pack healer, Esperanza, had been quick on the scene to plaster some gooey stuff onto the red welts present on his leg. After their meeting with Scimitar had dispersed, Dovev limped down the grassy bank to the shade of some thin aspens. For several days he had hardly moved, laying on his unwounded side and keeping rather quiet, stirring only to get some water.

Finally, the male had witnessed some frost and light snow. There was an eternal gray shade hanging over the earth, and at night flakes would drift down and frozen ivory spears of grass would be wilted in the morning. It still wasn't a permanent snow, and Dovev was anxiously awaiting the first snowstorm. Still, the cold was keeping bugs and flies away from his pungent bear claw marks on his leg. Laying sideways, he lifted his head to twist his eyes over his shoulder and check on the tears. They looked a lot better, but no doubt his skin would be scarred.
[Image: 12422385882006102414Black_bold_spiral.svg]
24 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I can use another for Kaede :) he's my lowest priority though so I may be super duper slow

Kaede was becoming quite familiar with this land that he had joined, its beauty completely different from that of his home yet no less. Its wolves, however, were a different matter. He had met only a couple thus far and knew that he was slacking in the social department. However, he was a wolf that liked to move at his own speed when it came to such things. It was all a game of sort, a challenge to introduce yourself to another and relate to them, have them appreciate you and to attempt to appreciate them in return. And it was a game that he had spent long hours learning the nuances to. One of the things he had most learned was that there was no real reason to rush such things. So he hunted and he explored in equal measure, simply enjoying his time as he saw fit.

Now it would seem that fate had decided to give him another encounter, for as he strode along the creek he caught sight of a stranger upon its bank. His pristine pelt stood out even in the light snow, a beacon alerting him to his presence. "Hello there," he called out, approaching with a friendly wave of his tail. "I don't believe we have met. I am Kaede, recently come to these lands." Hopefully the other would return with an introduction in kind. It was very rarely that he met a wolf who refused to return the courtesy and a good indicator as to which individuals Kaede would avoid in the future. He had no time for those who did not at least show some respect to another initially.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
no probs, thanks for responding~

After a few dawns, Dovev was graced with another presence. He had scented others, even spotted them, coming down to the crisp waters to drink, but most had left him alone. He was fine that, for the male could use some quiet to heal and rejuvenate.

Through the chilly air the male watched Kaede's figure approach at a steady walk, his tail instantly waving the moment he caught sight of Dovev. The newcomer was a burnt sienna color, tan and beige, with friendly amber eyes. Not bothering to get up, Dovev quietly watched his approach with passive blue eyes. His lips were slightly curled at the younger male- Dovev could see this creature's friendliness might get him far with some of the fairer packmates.

I'm Dovev; theta of the Creek, the lupine offered in return. He pointed to the grass in an offer for the stranger to sit. Dovev felt comfortable in Kaede's presence, even if he was fresh blood. The male was coated in the pack scent, and that always calmed Dovev's senses.

Why'd you join us? The ivory male was a little more relaxed than usual, most likely due to a combination of the chilly air and having the chance to relax.
24 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
sorry about the wait again, I had this halfway responded to Wednesday but my power went out lol!

Kaede acknowledged his response, listening intently as he introduced himself and proudly proclaimed his rank with the title. Apparently this was a man who took his placement seriously, not a bad quality for it meant he likely held duty in high regard. Well aware of his own station, he continued to defer, carefully keeping his posture relaxed and lower, no pride or challenge even being hinted. He didn't want a rank, only friends at this point. He knew if he did his job eventually higher placement would come, but through hard work, not acting like a jerk to packmates.

His question was easily answered since Kaede had told the alpha much of the same. "With winter coming, I thought it best to sign on with a group. Help them so that I may have some extra support through the cold. This was the strongest pack I have happened upon and Scimitar seems a decent fellow. I have enjoyed the location and the company this far." He smiled. "You have been here longer, no? What made you decide to settle here, if you do not mind me returning the question?"
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch

oh no, it's ok ^^

Returning his eyes to the male known as Kaede, browsing through the wolf's explanation for joining the Creek. At least he was smart, as Dovev had saw how ferocious the winter to grow between the Teekon's vast mountain ranges. Even if the cold was shorter than the north, it was still brutal and could cause many a soul stress.
The spectre nodded in assent to Kaede's mini speech, and spoke agreeably in response.
The Creek has certainly sparked up when I joined in the beginning of the fall, he observed. The mahogany male held a slightly hunched, deferential posture, of which Dovev either didn't care or paid no attention to. The tundra beast didn't feel threatened, and luckily was in a good mood, so his blue orbs were more amused than concerned.

You have any talents for the pack? He wondered what Kaede had told Scimitar to convince him to let him stay into the winter, when already the hunting was a little rough.
24 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He didn't really get an answer, but Kaede did not repeat the question. Instead he listened and nodded briefly when asked of his talents. "I like to think so. I can manage well enough when it comes to a hunt, though I am no special talent there." He often wondered what made one better than another at hunting. They all had instincts, no? He assumed that the gamekeeper trade came down not to your own hunting abilities, but how well you managed the group when it came to larger hunts. This, sadly, did not lie in his skill set.

"Most of my skills lie in the range of relations. Whether or not that is particularly useful to the pack, well, I guess I shall have to see. Until then I do what I can." He finished with a shrug. "What role do you hold here?"