Redhawk Caldera it was a hell of a scene at daddy's feast
we smokin' 'em all
88 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Private 
Ivy's been rebellious or something idk <3

So far, so good.  Ivy's outing at Lake Rodney two days ago and her eventual return yesterday afternoon had seemingly gone unnoticed by @Sebastian.  And Nova and Benjamin.  Though if she were a betting girl, she'd put her money on at least one of her siblings being wise to her absence.  They hadn't made it into a whole thing though and for that she was beyond grateful.  It was just some harmless exploring, anyway!  It wasn't like she'd meant to stay out all night..

The small girl frowned while she walked along the borders of Redhawk Caldera.  Ivy wasn't usually one to do something like this, but she'd seen that grumpy girl do it several times - Towme?  Tobee?  whatever. - and her restlessness got the better of her.  It was a great night for a stroll, all peaceful and just a touch chilly, and she figured it was better than laying awake among her siblings while staring out into the void.  A soft sneeze broke through the air and she grumbled lowly, shaking her head and re-focusing on what she assumed was some sort of patrol.. thing.

Ugh, she really needed a hobby.
light me up and breathe in
mirror on the ceilin'
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
She is totally allowed to be! <3

Sebastian wanted to let the kids do their own thing more. In Broken Antler he was already becoming more relaxed about them exploring more. He didn't want to be the overly worried parent or the strict one. So when he didn't see his kids for a day or two he wasn't too worried. Only when it took longer than that he would investigate.

Sebastian offered to do a late patrol today. He wanted to take his new duties seriously. What he didn't expect to run into was his daughter. He recognized her scent before spotting her. He let out a chuff and wagged his tail. It had been awhile since he had seen her so the father was more than happy to see that she was still safe and sound. At least she looked alright. "Ivy," he greeted and licked over the top of her head.
we smokin' 'em all
88 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Had she not recognized the sound immediately, Ivy would have been startled.  However, she knew her father through and through, even if just by the noises he made.  The small girl perked up and greeted her father with a joyous cry: Daddy!  She knew that it was childish, but she didn't want to call him anything else.  Probably never would!

Tail wagging, Ivy waited for Sebastian to finish his affectionate lick before she rubbed her cheek against his dark gray shoulder.  A happy sort of growl rumbled through her.  What are you doing out here?  The answer was obvious, really, but she was more curious as to why he chose this late hour to patrol.  Her pace was still set comfortably at an easy walk, though she figured that her course should probably be much less meandering now that she had company.  The small girl looked up at her father through wide, happy eyes before speaking again.  I'm glad you joined me.
mirror on the ceilin'
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's heart would always jump from happiness when hearing the excitable exclamation. His tail wagged. It was great to see how happy Ivy was. At least it was better than Nova, who didn't seem too happy with the move. He hadn't seen her in awhile, hopefully, she would be okay. Sebastian now focussed on his other daughter. "I am doing a patrol for Elwood," he explained to his daughter. Sebastian had been a guardian before he went to found BAF. He swapped that trade for hunting as it was more needed.

"Do you want to learn about border control? It is mostly the same as when we were in Broken Antler," he explained. He walked with her. Perhaps, she didn't even need to know about patrols. Sometimes he forgot how old they already were. Time went so quickly. He let out a soft sigh. He wished they would stop growing up. "Did you make some friends?," he asked curiously.
we smokin' 'em all
88 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Exactly the answer she suspected.  Late shift, huh? she commented in an offhanded manner.  Such a question was more rehtorical than anything because they both knew she was stating the obvious.  Again.  Oh well!  When her much larger father moved forward, she continued, happy to follow his lead.  He asked if she'd like to learn and she shrugged her smoky shoulders.  Border control hadn't been of much interest to her, but it was an imporant role in any pack.  Okay, she chirped in response. 

As they moved along, Sebastian sighed a little and asked a question.  Natrually, Ivy was curious where his touch of melancholy came from, but she decided not to mention it.  Um.. she started, frowning and making damn sure to keep her eyes forward while they strolled.  Kind of.  It was vague.  Too vague.  I met a couple of guys - one here and two away from the Caldera.  And also Towhee, I guess.  That last part was tacked on with a grimace.
mirror on the ceilin'
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian almost stumbled over his own feet when Ivy mentioned she had met a couple of guys. Sebastian let out an awkward choke and continued walking. That was something that was going to happen now, wasn't it? His daughter hanging out with... guys?! He looked at her, almost missing the comment about Towhee. He slowly nodded. "She is... different. But I am sure she will warm up to us," he assured her.

Sebastian automatically lifted his paw to mark a tree. "You can mark by peeing, or rubbing yourself against a tree or, even scratch marks," he explained. Though the latter one would need trees, and often scent was more effective. "So, um, have these guys been nice to you?," he wondered, awkwardly. Was he going to give Ivy 'the talk'!?

haha love this! Getting a phil dunphy vibe :P
we smokin' 'em all
88 Posts
Ooc — Mana
xD

Mhm, she replied in the most noncommittal way possible.  Ivy found that she rather enjoyed the deep rumble of her father's voice, even if she didn't particularly care for his opinion on Towhee.  "Warm up to us"?  Her eyes rolled while she watched him lift a paw and mark a nearby tree.  Yeah, right.  Before Sebastian could notice her expression, she decided to nod to show that she was actually paying attention to his lesson.  Well, partially.

But she balked at his question.  Daddy! she shrieked immediately, recognizing that awkward tone of voice he used.  Ivy shook her head and huffed loudly, anything to show she had no interest in this type of conversation with her father!  They've been fine! she insisted dramatically.  I can handle myself, you know.  I'm almost an adult!  Ah, nothing like petulance to showcase maturity.
mirror on the ceilin'
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian felt his face heat up when she shrieked. He cleared his throat and cast his eyes away from the girl for a moment. "I know you are almost an adult so it is important to know that when boys are nice to you and well... when they are just nice to you because they want something of you," he spoke. He wouldn't want anything to happen to his little girl. She wasn't so little anymore though.

"But, I am certain the boys here at Redhawk can be trusted. I just want you to be safe. I wouldn't want you to get hurt. I love you," he spoke to the girl with a soft smile. He would always see her as his little girl. She had been the smallest from the beginning. She was the height of her mother now but much feistier, much like her grandfather.
we smokin' 'em all
88 Posts
Ooc — Mana
".. because they want something of you."  Ivy's audible groan occured about halfway through that statement her father made.  She knew that was where he'd been going!  Daaaaddy, she complained in that way only emabrassed children could when their parents were attempting to give some sort of speech.  The girl's face felt as though it were generating enough heat to keep the entire pack warm for a whole damn year!

She faltered a bit when Sebastian went on to explain that he wanted her to be safe.  And that he loved her.  And just like that all of her embarassment dissolved.  Oh, Daddy, she murmured.  The smallest of the Rochester-Iosila children stepped closer and pressed her nose into the grey fur at his shoulder.  I love you, too.  Her face still hidden by his fur, she continued: I'll be careful.  What could possibly go wrong?
mirror on the ceilin'
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian heart basically melted when his daughter said that she loved him too. His tail was wagging. However, he had a slight worry when she sounded so innocent and naive. "Well you could end up pregnant," he pointed out. "And worst case scenario he leaves you alone while pregnant," he spoke. He thought of Burke that used so many females, though, he did provide for them.

He cleared his throat. "But, I know you are a smart girl so I am not worried," he spoke. He might have been a bit worried. "What ever happens I will support my little girl," he smiled at her and showered her with embarrassing little daddy kisses.