Moonspear as long as there is a light
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
All Welcome 
Weary of the pups, and having shaken the clingy boy off her finally (sicking him on his sisters instead), she had to slip from the den while Ran was not immediately screaming for once. A month worth of this, with their tiny sharp toenails and strengthening jaws, was wearing her down and out. Even just the fresh air and no one else touching her right this moment made her feel worlds better, though, so she would take the small victory if she could.

She sighed quietly and curled into a small ball at the densite's entrance, daring the puppies to press their boundaries out into the open as well. Charon was out on patrol, and neither had she seen her older daughters in a few hours, so a piece of her expected someone else to drop by before much longer. Some of her frustrations with the littlest brood likely stemmed from this--having them more active by the day and all on her was taxing when she wasn't feeling in the mood for puppies constantly. But, as it were, she tried to enjoy her fleeting quiet and set her head on her forepaws.
for @Tryphon, whenever you're ready for it!
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
He didn't get very close to the puppies for the first while, and that was okay. There were a myriad of other tasks for Tryphon to complete. Things to investigate, ledges to explore, sights to see - occasionally people to meet. All the while the young man kept his purpose in mind, although it had not become real just yet.

He was taking a jaunt across the territory for the umpteenth time that day when he came across the strong scent of milk, dust, and Charon - but also many others, dominated wholly by a feminine perfume. The dark shape of the alpha female appeared over the burm, and while he did not wish to disturb Amekaze as she took a proverbial gasp of fresh air away from her brood, Tryphon wondered if he should make himself - and his purpose - known to her.

He boofed softly, adjusting his approach so she wouldn't have to lift her head far to see him, and slunk closer. Behind him his tail wagged - but he was cautious just as much as he was friendly, a behavioral throwback of sorts.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She thought she might have heard some sort of guff from inside the den, and swung an ear back accordingly to listen for more to confirm her suspicions or put her at ease. When after a moment of held breath, she heard nothing further from behind her, she readjusted once again towards a focus beyond the den--where she would much rather put her interests right now after so many weeks of revolving solely around their every single need.

A voice perked her head up and sight of an unfamiliar wolf to accompany it rose her hackles before she could catch them. Realization was a half-step behind: Charon had mentioned something about this male (and another younger one too), his markings distinct enough for her to even remember a piece of despite living this sequestered away from everyone not immediately related to her. She was admittedly tense despite his appearance suggesting a cautious approach, as it should be. Very few pressed this close.. but it was nearly time to change this, for her sake and the puppies.

The alpha chuffed back a low note and pulled herself up into an upright sit, more prepared than before. "Greetings," she imparted first of all, and looked him up and down best she was able to. She didn't move to shoo him. Instead she  was carefully curious, instinctively so, especially for these first moments where his first impressions mattered. "Why have you come?" she asked to go right for the point here. While her tone suggested a stoniness, he had not urged more out of her; he had a chance.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
He did not know what to say. She caught his eye and he averted his gaze, sharp and quick, but did not slip away from her proximity. Now seemed like the perfect moment to meet the alpha - this woman who would, presumably, eventually, allow him near her precious children. It was the agreement he had made with Charon. But that would only transpire if he did well now, introduced himself without issue - and in his indecision, Tryphon could only meet her question with silence.

He shifted weight, ears splaying atop his head as he pondered what to do. When he spoke he did so calmly, as if each syllable was calculated, but not malicious. I.. merely wished to greet you. Charon spoke of his children when he accepted me. Do you need anything? I do not know the trials of being a mother - but - he was there to help, and wasn't sure what exactly to offer. His name would've been a good start, but the boy was more interested in making sure Amekaze was comfortable and fed, able to relax until she returned to her cubs. I can leave you be, if that is preferred. His tone suggested an openness, that he would not be offended should she turn him away or be irritated by his offer. He could just as easily depart and wait for another chance.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Being one of the few to venture this close left him with the brunt of it. She knew her edge about it should translate to uneasiness in him, and it seemed to, though perhaps it was only his mindfulness that made it seem as such. Carefully, she tried to toe a gentle line, one not meant to compromise the security of what she'd devoted weeks to by now yet one not outright off-putting to his good intentions. But, she constantly reminded herself, but.. to make it this far meant he was well. Charon would not have welcomed any, especially in these recent weeks where everything had to be just right, that were bound to fall incredibly short of her standards.

"Ah," she nodded when he justified himself suitably, then shook her head softly. "All I can use right now is a bit of company that is not puppies," she spoke on quietly, over a glance skirting towards the den's entrance. For a little while this would be true, at least. Her patience was tending more towards short and before too long, someone would be squalling for her attentions. "As long as the caches near are still stocked, all is well.." Ame added more reasonably. Of course, she was not visiting anything that was too far away from this exact spot. Charon usually brought meals to her, so she didn't have to. Really on the whole, she had few needs not met when it came to this pup-bearing excursion so far.

Crossing her forepaws thoughtfully as she eased down a touch, she leveled him with a new look. "Charon likely did mention you to me before, too. Who are you?" For obvious reasons, she was very out of their immediate loop.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
Company he could provide, obviously, although the longer he lingered the more out-of-place he would feel. Would she wish for a silent companion (the antithesis of what she'd been dealing with since the cubs birth) or someone more vocal? The caches he could fill; Tryphon added that to a mental list - everyone needed to eat, and the most important person upon the mountain was Amekaze with her babes. The boy nodded as she mentioned food, but moved on without a word.

I am Tryphon. He was not accustomed to introducing himself so often, and the name felt strange upon his tongue. To elucidate beyond a mere name he added, Your husband and your daughter found me on a neighboring mountain and offered me solace; their kindness surprised me.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Tryphon, and indeed, somehow, it seemed a bit familiar. He went on to narrow the suspicions, for when he said daughters, she knew who the most likely culprits were. "Good they were feeling generous, then.." she smirked, and her tail patted the soil in good (or dark, depending your outlook) humor. "You must have impressed them somehow," she reasoned, however, wondering of the depths of his strengths that they had seen in him then. Kindness from her family could be a rare gift and she knew their ruthlessness well, so to have someone cross them out in the wilds favorably enough spoke well of him; he was right to be surprised by that fact.

"My mate and older daughters have been my eyes and ears lately, since I have not been out much at all unfortunately. But, the little ones are about to no longer be nearly so denbound, and I hope that weeks after that pass quickly" she explained, plainly eager to get back to what she considered her normal routine as not only herself but alpha here. Barely knowing the packwolves did not settle well, but Tryphon was quickly moving himself off that list, at least. She still missed mingling more properly when she wanted it, though.