Northstar Vale look how they shine for you
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian

When Rannoch wasn't marking the outermost boundaries of the territory or interacting with his packmates, the Alpha often found himself seeking the rocky sides of the Vale. It was in this search that Rannoch attempted to uphold a promise he had made to Liffey quite some time ago and, given Rannoch's persistent nature, he would not stop searching until he found her a perfect perch. Rannoch knew how important stargazing was to her and he would make sure that she had the perfect spot for her to partake in her trade. 

He found her perfect place by chance one sunny afternoon, spending time in the willows that reminded him so much of her. The Alpha had sought these rocky walls previously, but, for whatever reason, the ledge had gone unnoticed the first time. After some exploration, and quite some time of figuring out the best route to carry them to the spot, Rannoch deducted that this ledge was going to be hers. It comfortably sat two, and though it was positioned just over the treetops, it's view was not obscured by the pale petals.

Rannoch kept the ridge a secret as he waited for a day with clear skies. He needed it all be perfect for her, as he wanted it to come as a complete surprise. When the day came, and gentle patches of peach were starting to show in the aging sky, Rannoch took a rabbit he had killed earlier in the day to the willows and settled right before the treeline. Pastel petals littered the ground around him and with the abundance of them, Rannoch gathered a pile at his paws so that he could rest the corpse on a bed of willows. Doing his best to keep his nerves calmed, Rannoch eventually sat knowing there was not much more he could do to prepare himself for this moment. So with this thought in mind, and his head thudding within the depths of his breast, Rannoch tipped his head back and called for Liffey, urging her to come and meet him at the willows as soon as she could.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey felt very much as though she existed on two opposite sides of a spectrum those days. One involved her working hard to achieve her goals and become the wolf she knew she was. This was the young woman who had scorned her mother's control and set off to live her own life, regardless of what anyone thought she should do or be. This was the creature she'd set out to be - one that lived by her own rules, seeking her own happiness with her own strength and determination.

The other Liffey was one that waited eagerly for moments like these, where the alpha's voice rose above the Vale singing for her, and her only. This was the part of her that was secretly content to admit that had it not been for his influence, she may never had taken the leap she needed and left the safety of her home with the Redhawks. This was the part that was fully and unapologetically aware that a great deal of her happiness at the Vale was solely because of her relationship with the handsome young Frostfur that had made this dream of hers a reality. This was the part that leaped to her paws and whisked her away to the edge of the territory where she knew he stood waiting for her. And it was the part that would not ever keep him waiting if she could help it.

Her heart began to trill as Liffey came around a bend to see Rannoch standing before her, looking handsome and perfect as he so often did. She was oblivious to the rabbit at his feet or the lovely platter he had laid it upon. Hell, she didn't even notice the view that stretched out just past him that he'd so meticulously hunted down just for her. Liffey could see only charcoal and platinum fur beset with two gentle aquamarine eyes looking right back at her. Her heart was fit to burst at the simple sight of him looking at her.

"What do you want? I'm very busy, you know," Liffey breathed after a moment of romantic gazing, soft laughter in her voice and a happily wagging tail.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rising to the occasion of her arrival, Rannoch lifted himself from his seat with his eyes trained on her. Even though Liffey had probably just come from a long day of work, the Alpha found her to be just as beautiful as ever. Whenever she appeared, Rannoch instantly found himself distracted, with a racing heart, and this occasion was no exception. Her statement broke his trance, and his expression shifted to match the tone of the words he offered in reply. "I'm so thankful that I even got a moment of your time," said Rannoch, his tone bubbling with the laughter that threatened to break loose. Her snigger was contagious, and Rannoch could not help but fall victim of his humorous tone. 

With his tone still light, Rannoch stepped over the still body that had laid at his paws and cleared the distance between them. "I have a surprise for you," he said once he had greeted her with a nuzzle to her cheek, pulling away with bright aquamarine eyes. Cutting right to the chase, Rannoch let her know just what was up his sleeve, as he felt he could no longer keep his gift hidden from her. "I think I found your ledge," there was pride in his voice, the deep rumble lighted by the apparent excitement that brightened his expression, "It's right above the treeline." With a sweeping motion of his muzzle, Rannoch gestured to the shelf that stood over his shoulder. With the cat out of the bag, he returned his eyes to her, his face searching hers excitedly as he waited for the news to hit her. While waiting, he added as an afterthought: "I caught us dinner and thought it'd be a perfect night to go and watch the stars together." 
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Rannoch took her bold comment just as kindly and humorously as he always did. He was never more handsome than when he was being so generous, with her or with anyone else in the pack. He was a strong wolf, but with a humble regard that allowed him the level of confident humility that Liffey couldn't help but adore. She gave a smug little shrug as he thanked her for her attention, a toothy grin splitting her lips shortly after as she dropped the facade and went right back to romantic gazing.

Her ears perked at the news he shared and her brows were soon to follow. A surprise? She gave him a thoughtful, slightly suspicious smile as he took a few extra seconds to admit to her what it was. The look melted to her own brand of surprise when he went on to explain. Her heart was quick to melt right along with it. "That.. sounds perfect," Liffey said slowly, knowing she needed to say something even though her mind was dragging behind under the overwhelming weight of affection coursing through her.

The delta took in a breath to steady herself after a quick reminder that she couldn't fall over and die from glee, as much as she felt so inclined. Her heart still flailing wildly about, she took a few steps forward to close the distance between them.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
It was as though Rannoch was waiting for her reply with baited breath and he only became aware that he was doing this when he exhaled at the first sound of her voice. Whatever nervousness that had momentarily plagued him was carried from his body in that long breath and what feeling remained within his wide-set breast was the bubbling of his excitement. At this new sensation, Rannoch's tail wagged, and his expression brightened as he looked lovingly in the direction that Liffey lingered. 

They were not separated for long. With the Delta's opinion voice, she shuffled forward to meet the Alpha with the aquamarine eyes, and as she moved, Rannoch waited for her arrival. Once she was near, he reached forward eagerly with a waving tail, tenderly connecting with the soft fur of her cheek. Though he had an agenda for them, he figured there would be no harm in taking some time to greet his beloved properly.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey leaned into the soft touch against her cheek, shutting her eyes to enjoy the sensation. There was nothing she enjoyed more than the closeness they shared. Except for the sight that she glimpsed briefly as her eyes opened again. Her brows lifted and her body tensed as excitement coursed along her spine. Rannoch disappeared from her awareness (only briefly!) as she stepped away from him towards the ledge he had found for her.

She trotted quickly to the edge, pausing only inches from it as her nose pointed skyward. Her eyes were wide as she took in the view. It was everything she had ever wanted. "Rannoch..." Liffey said quietly, wonder immersed in every word, "It's perfect. I feel like I'm on top of the world, just floating in space." She lifted her nose even higher and breathed deep. They were not on the top of the mountain, but she still felt as though the stars were near enough to her that she might smell them.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
I've been drinking sooo LETS SEE HOW THIS GOES.

Liffey's reaction was well worth the time it had taken him to settle on this particular peak. He watched in awe, watching silently as the Skywatcher pressed forward to take her rightful position upon her perch. Having very little to say about what she had said, the Alpha dipped his head briefly as infatuation consumed him, allowing him to only gaze upon the perfection of this moment with rosy cheeks. 

The sun was swiftly setting, and as he lifted his head once more, Rannoch realized just how many stars had appeared in their short time upon the shelf of the Vale. With this observation, Rannoch felt it was time to test truly the worth of Liffey's ledge. "Should we test out the spot?" he suggested as his eyes cast towards the sky. "I can't say I've really learned anything since you taught me about the willows, but, I'm ready to learn some more about the stars." Rannoch was eager to keep the perfection alive and to learn anything that she had to offer.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey settled onto her haunches, her eyes unmoving from the stars overhead. Her ears swiveled as she heard Rannoch coming up beside her to tickle them with the gentle timbre of his voice. She turned to him and nodded eagerly. His comment made her laugh gently and she gave him a wry smile. "I'm glad to hear that, actually," she quipped back, "I'd hate to think you were seeing some other stargazer to learn more about the constellations. I call dibs on all of your training in this field."
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch felt a flutter in his chest, and he shook his head quickly. In his opinion, there was no other stargazer out there that he would want to learn from. The time that they spent with their eyes skywards was special to the aquamarine-eyed Alpha, and he simply couldn't imagine sharing such intimate lessons with anybody but Liffey. "I don't think I could ever find a better teacher," he replied, a smile stretching across his lips as he spoke. "You'll be the only skywatcher I'll ever learn from," he added on with devotion, carrying a true weight to what he had just promised her.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey felt herself flush as he complimented her. His promise made her heart flutter, as she was quite certain that it was an honest one that he would never break to her. To show her gratitude, she reached out and planted a quick kiss upon his cheek, like in Bambi (only Rannoch probably looked way happier about it).

[Image: giphy.gif]

Tilting her nose towards the stars again, she watched them for a few quiet seconds before she paused and looked back at her handsome companion. "You mentioned dinner?" Liffey prodded, her ears falling back demurely as she smiled.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Left in a daze by her kiss, with an expression that showcased just how pleased he was by her gesture, Rannoch almost did not catch the question that followed. Turning to his companion slowly, while attempting to comprehend the inquiry she just made, Rannoch stared at Liffey for a good moment before realizing what he had been asking. 

"Oh!" he replied, his expression suddenly bright as he turned to the corpse that laid to his right. "Yes, I caught us a rabbit." Bending over, Rannoch nudged it forward, as if hinting that she should take the first bite.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Rannoch seemed dazed. Liffey tried her best not to laugh as he gaped at her. It was endearing how any surprise affection she showed him put him in a brief state of astonishment. She would have to be sure not to do it when he was in the middle of doing something important. Maybe something like standing on the edge of a cliff... Hm, she hadn't thought that through.

But all's well that end's well. Liffey felt her mouth begin to water as Rannoch nudged the rabbit towards her. She was tempted to thank him with another physical touch, but decided to give his poor heart a short break. "Nice catch, thank you," she told him, "You seem to have better luck hunting without me." They had tried hunting together a few times now without having any luck. Liffey was pretty sure that it was her fault, but didn't mind too much. She leaned down to tear at the killing wound Rannoch had already inflicted, exposing the meat so she could dig in for her first bite.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Liffey was accurate in her observation of the leader's hunting abilities. Though the grey-scaled pair had tried hunting together on numerous occasions, the always seemed to fall short of a victory. Part of the fault laid in Rannoch's infatuation over his Delta. She was a distraction, a welcomed one at that, and Rannoch often felt inattentive to the task at hand whenever she was about. He knew that he would have to change this thinking as he would have to learn how to function with her around. 

"It's hard to think straight and stick to a task when you're around," he admitted lightly, his tail wagging gently. "I just get so distracted by how beautiful you are; it's hard to think straight." His expression was soft as he admitted this and even as he allowed these thoughts to come into the open, the well-mannered Alpha felt a blush settle upon the bridge of his nose.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey swallowed a few mouthfuls of meat before straightening and licking her chops. She glanced down at the rabbit as an indication to Rannoch to go ahead and have some for himself, though she suspected he would probably play the gentleman and wait for her to have her fill before he would partake. He was far too generous for his own good, though she could hardly complain as the benefactor of such kindness.She ducked her eyes humbly as he complimented her, but still she offered him a teasing grin.

"You really ought to try and get used to that," Liffey told him, lifting her chin again, "I intend to be around a lot, and you have a pack to lead." Her tail wagged softly as she spoke.
~•~
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Like Liffey had suspected, Rannoch played the part of the gentleman in regards to the meal before him. Though he appreciated her offer, he couldn't bring himself to eat before her. So instead of accepting, Rannoch leaned towards the corpse and nudged it towards her to reject her offer. 

She spoke as he lifted his head and as he comprehended what had been said, Rannoch felt his heart explode in his chest. As he attempted to gather the scattered pieces within his chest, and thus recover from what Liffey had offered, Rannoch inched closer shyly and a smile upon his muzzle. 

It was only when they were touching that Rannoch had gathered the confidence to speak again. "You know, I'm going to need a lot of practice with that," he admitted as his voice growing steadier with each word that he spoke. The pair went silent then, enjoying both their shared company, their meal, and the gentle wash of peach that was slowly subsiding to indigo along the horizon. They would stay up late that evening and talk about everything that came to mind.