Silver Creek this is all i can give you for your hearts and your souls
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
It not easy for Ceannasach to find, nor make the time to extract himself from his Strath to check up on the going-on’s in the Hinterlands — a mistake he seeks to soothe over lest things spiral out of his carefully exerted control — but as the lotturos grow ever older they do not need quite the amount of attention they once had. Their lessons have increased, of course, but today he leaves those lessons to his mother, their god-mother and older sister while he takes to the road. He goes alone, his destination Silver Creek to seek word on their unfinished business. He had spoken to Heston when Teaghlaigh first arrived, months ago, but had heard no word from the Creek wolves since. The gangster merely chalks this up to being busy. He remembers the heavily pregnant woman who greeted him at the time, and understands the attention that being a parent requires. It causes other things to temporarily go upon the back burner.

As he cuts through the King Elk Forest to where Silver Creek and King Elk bleed and meld together he is met with fading borders. Silver Creek is gone though it has not been for long. As far as Arturo’s knowledge, then, this means that Teaghlaigh is the reigning and only pack in the Hinterlands. He should make a trip to the coastal territories of the Hinterlands to cover the area he does not get to often to be sure no fledgling pack has planted roots without his knowledge.

He crosses over the fading borders that, in a few weeks time would cease to exist at all, intent on investigating to see if he can find a cause that he should be aware of (especially if it poses threat to his Family) or if it was simply a natural and unfortunate development, eyes taking in the Creek's territory and ears cupped forth alert atop his skull as he also looks for any Creek wolves that may still linger ...and that may be in search of a new home.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl had been on his own for such a long time since he entered the Teekon Wilds. He wasn't quite sure why. At first he told himself that he was finding himself, even though after all his searching he still felt that he was the same wolf that he was when he first entered the wilds. He hadn't seen many other wolves other then the ones he first meet. He wasn't trying to be an isolated individual, nor was he actively searching for a pack. It seemed as though there were fewer wolves around and that where ever he went he had just missed whoever was there before him. The same feeling he had when he had entered Silver Creek the night before. 

The scent of other wolves was strong and rather recent. Too many different scents to be anything other then a past pack. He had spent the night not within their old den, but just in the entrance. Something about sleeping in such a recently made bed put Howl off ease. He didn't know why this pack had to leave and if it were for an unpleasant reason, he didn't want to benefit off their misfortune. So he slept in the entrance assuming that the faded border would at least keep out most harmful animals and that any wolves that would enter, he could confront.

Which is what looked like would be the case. Soon after Howl had woken up, stretched his legs and was wondering around the place, a vaugly familiar figure came into view. It was a male wolf no doubt about that, but who was he? How did Howl know him? He pondered for a moment and then it came to him. Arturo. He walked leasurely up to him before saying "Nice to see you again Arturo. What brings you so far south?" Howl asked seeing as how Teaghlaigh had been in the Sequoia Coast last time Howl saw Arturo.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Given it’s abandoned state Arturo does not necessarily expect anyone to remain. He has never witnessed the disbanding of a pack but he assumes that those that remain do not linger. They move on for what use is lingering in the bitter taste of a pack’s failure? Ceannasach certainly does not expect to see a wolf that he once called Comhlach in the ruins of what was once a small but thriving pack. Arturo does not recognize him right away, however, for he did not stay long with Teaghlaigh, as the woman who brought him did not. Arturo has no use for such fickle beasts. The gangster does not even recognize him after he begins to speak until he addresses him by name; and then recognition sparks to life within the gangster’s fiery, twin sun gaze. There is a bitter taste of displeasure at being approached so brazenly, at being addressed so casually as if they are friends. They are not. Arturo is still Cennasach and Howl is …well not his equal. A terse line forms upon Arturo’s lips as he assess the male with a slight rise of his tail and bristle of hackles. Howl no longer has any need to be privy to Teaghlaigh or Ceannasach’s business. “Business.” Ceannsach replies simply, with brisk tone that subtly hints at his mounting impatience at such boldness.
i bare my bloody teeth
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Arturo did not seem pleased at Howl's pressence, not that Howl was expecting a warm welcome. In the past Howl had attempted to join Teaghlaigh, which he assumed Arturo was still the alpha of. But at the time Howl wasn't quite ready and foolishly decided to try and join. Arturo didn't seem like a bad guy, though maybe stern and somewhat rude, Howl thought from how he treated the female that brought him to Arturo's boarders. 

It seemed strange to Howl; Arturo's stance. He understood him as his tail began to rise. But where they stood, in silver creek, Arturo had no higher rank them him. Howl straightened up and lost his casual stance, as it seemed Arturo wouldn't be accepting of pleasantries, but didn't pose dominatly. He wouldn't submit to Arturo either. 

Howl wanted to work this out. "Look. I know you probably don't have the best view of me from past experiences, but I'd like you to know that I regret the choices I made back then. I didn't know it at the time but I wasn't ready for such a commitment. You deserve more respect then that, which is why I'm owning up to it now. " He paused for a moment. Howl didn't really feel he owed him anything. Yes he had waisted his time, but not much of it. But he also didn't want to have any unessasary enemies. He hoped that this would cool somethings over, but with Arturo's reaction Howl assumed not everything would be forgiven. "But to answer your question. I have no business at the moment, just looking around. How about youself?"
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
sorry about the wait on this! :0 also, i apologize for arturo being such an ass, heh.

There is a narrow of Arturo’s eyes as he watches Howl’s posture change. On neutral territory or not, Arturo is still and would always be Ceannasach. He would always be a king among men whether it is acknowledged or not. His own posture does not change as he stares at Howl, concerned now that Teaghlaigh is the role Sovereign nation in the Hinterlands and that therefore it means Arturo is in command of it, at least this is how he sees things. “You’re right,” The gangster surmises. “I don’t.” Arturo can be as subtle and as charming as he needs to be but he sees no reason to be either here and now. He does not expect the blunt truth to go over well but he doesn’t care. He’s never been a beast to beat around the bush and fill someone’s mind with false words that he does not mean. If he wanted to be a kiss ass he would not be Ceannasach.

Howl owned up to it but it doesn’t change the fact that it had happened. The woman that had brought him there was no better, either. Teaghlaigh had had it’s fair share of fickle beasts and Arturo had no time and furthermore no patience for those that would waste his time, unintentional or not. His time is precious, after all. Neither does Teaghlaigh as a whole deserve it, either. Arturo is always up front about the commitment of Teaghlaigh and offers plenty of chances to walk away before the initial meeting is concluded, no hard feelings. Once the deal was sealed, well, that was a different story. Arturo is not in the business of abnegated deals, after all.

“I didn’t ask.” Arturo points out, smoky timbre of his voice unattached and cool. It was a question that Arturo had already answered and presumes that Howl has misunderstood him and therefore does not deign to repeat himself lest his carefully composed facade of patience wear terribly thin. It has become increasingly obvious that nothing remains of Silver Creek and if wolves remained still in the Hinterlands they did not linger here.
i bare my bloody teeth
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Arturo didn't have much to say and what he did say just confirmed Howl's thoughts about how he felt about the situation, and Howl's thoughts about his character. It seemed as though their had been a misunderstanding between the two, but Howl didn't mind it too much. Arturo's small comments and lack of reply made it obvious that he didn't want to continue this conversation.

Currently where Howl was at he was in the bottom corner of the Teekon Wilds. To find decent company he though he should move further into the Wilds. Howl had said what he need to say to Arturo, even if he had chosen not to listen or accept the apology. There was no need to stay here any longer. Howl was still going to be nice even if Arturo wasn't. "Have a nice day Arturo." He said before giving Arturo a wide berth and beginning to move away.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
For better or for worse Arturo Fearghal is a man that craves consistency and once his mind is made it is extremely unlikely that it will ever be changed or swayed. If this is a good thing or a bad thing the gangster cannot be sure but he does not lose sleep thinking about it. Perhaps it means he is wrong but if nothing else it means that Arturo can be relied upon for he is far from a flighty beast. He watches Howl depart from the scene with stoic indifference and when the other male is out of sight he continues on with his investigation. After deducing that none of Silver Creek remain he head backs to the Strath to hold council with the Family and inform them of the truth as he has come to know it: that Teaghlaigh is the only pack in the Hinterlands that remains to reign supreme.
i bare my bloody teeth