Dragoncrest Cliffs we are farmers, bum ba da bum da bum bum bum
god of fire, god of war
21 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
lol when you can't think of a relating thread title and you're watching commercials, aw but hoping to spar or patrol :)

Ishum had spent two days getting used to the land that was now his home. He'd yet to meet anyone else, he hadn't even found Ra, and she was from his own pack. He promised himself he'd integrate once he'd fully explored the forest, he'd howl for some company, try to make a friend or two. But first, he was going to make a round. He woke at the crack of dawn and carried himself from his little makeshift den to the border. He started at the exact place where he'd been accepted, then went around.

The dark marbled male paused only to lay his scent upon the magnificent red woods, then he continued on his way. The sun wasn't high yet, but it still beat down onto his dark pelt. He's never liked summer as much as he'd liked the other seasons, too many bugs and too much heat.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The pups were now weaned (more or less) and full-fledged miniature wolves. They were growing so fast and Wildfire knew she would blink and they would be adults. She surprised herself by not feeling overly sentimental about this, though. Maybe she would feel differently once it was all said and done but she was actually eager to see her children grow up and become independent cornerstones of Drageda. If she was honest with herself—really, truly, brutally honest—she hadn't enjoyed the child-rearing process nearly as much as she thought she would. Truthfully, Wildfire wasn't sure she wanted more kids after this.

But that was a contemplation for another day. Right now, the Feisripa felt only the mildest pang as she left her pups in someone else's care and left the rendezvous site to wander the territory. Now that she didn't need to feed them from her own body, Wildfire knew she could stay out as long as she liked; someone would see that the children were fed in the meantime. With that said, she took great pleasure in hunting small game and providing her offspring with fresh meat. Soon, she might even starting bringing back injured but still live prey for them to practice their own hunting skills.

Suddenly, she was crossing paths with a stranger and her thoughts scattered. She momentarily froze and bristled, then realized his scent was familiar and relaxed. "Hello," the young mother greeted with a wave of her black tail, slowly moving closer. They were near the borders and she guessed that he might be doing a circuit. "Would you like some company?" Maybe she could help him patrol and they could hunt together afterward.
god of fire, god of war
21 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
sorry for shortness!

Ishum turned his body towards the woman, his ivory eyes scanning her quickly. She was much smaller than him, but older. Instead of coffee and earth colors, her pelt was adorned in autumn colors. She seemed friendly, and was likely a higher rank than he, so he bowed his head to her. She asked if he would like company, and the boy shrugged. I don't mind. Name's Ishum, you? He asked turning back around to the path ahead of him and inviting her along with a wag of his tail.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She smiled when he bowed his head, then shook her own head lightly as if to say that it wasn't necessary. She wasn't even part of the leadership anymore and, truthfully, Wildfire paid little attention to the hierarchy outside of the council. They were all family, so what did posturing matter?

"I'm Wildfire," she said even as she fell into step with him, "but you can call me Wifi. You're pretty new to Drageda. What brought you here?" she wondered conversationally even as her chestnut eyes idly scanned the borderline.
god of fire, god of war
21 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ishum noticed the shake of her head, and was sort of surprised. Back at his home, rank had been such a big deal, and he assumed that it would've been even more so here in the Heda's pack. But this wolf at least, didn't seem to care at all. He didn't mind that much though, as long as others respected his rank when he gained one, he didn't care whether or not she enforced hers. He relaxed his posture, and returned her smile. She was pleasant, he liked that.

She introduced herself as Wildfire, no Wifi. He liked shorter names, so Wifi worked with him. I came from Maungeda, as soon as I turned one I set out to join Heda's ranks. That and I just wanted to get out some, live a little. He said casually, playing off of Wifi's manner.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She had heard a story just like his many times before but Wildfire's lips curled into a smile, especially when he mentioned living a little. "I hope you find lots of adventures here with us," she said with a merry swish of her black tail. "Are you pursuing the mercenary trade?" she guessed in the next breath, motioning at the very borders they were walking. "Any particular specialty?"
god of fire, god of war
21 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ishum grinned back and replied, Thanks. I'm sure I will. He didn't doubt that he had many fun times ahead of him here. The wolves of Drageda surprised him often, proving to all have very different points of views and personalities. He liked it here, it almost made his ambitions seem a little stupid. Here, they were more of a family and less of a clan. Here he could just be Ishum.

She asked about his trade and specialty and he said, Yeah, I was a Gona back in Maungeda. I want to pursue warrior, but being a guardian isn't that bad either. He remembered the conversation he'd had with Eske at their first meeting, and how sometimes guardian and warrior were one and the same.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
"Why not both?" she said lightly, although she was fairly certain Ishum was likely already leaning in that direction. "I don't think we have any tacticians. Perhaps you could look into that? Although I'd prefer if we avoided large-scale combat, personally..." Wildfire trailed off. It was her prerogative as a diplomat and as a mother. But combat could happen regardless of her personal preferences, so it was probably best to be prepared for any eventuality.

"I'm a hunter," she added in the next beat, winding around a fallen sapling in their path, "as well as a diplomat. I used to serve as the pack's Bandrona until recently. I stepped down to focus on hunting and rearing my children: Artaax, Blixen and Robin. I'm sure you'll meet them sometime." Wildfire paused. Many who came from Drageda's sister packs were jarred by her relationship with the Heda but it would seem strange not to mention it in this context. "And I'm sure you already know my mate, Thuringwethil."
god of fire, god of war
21 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
I probably will go for both, but warrior is what I'll focus on first. He explained, pausing to mark a tall redwood in their path. Wifi brought up that they had no tacticians, though wasn't that what Eske was training for? Maybe he'd just assumed that, from the way the other yearling asked so many questions about fighting style and such. He could be a tactician true, maybe he'd like that more than being a guardian. I'll think about it, but I understand. Back in Maungeda we were always prepared for war and whatever, but things are pretty different here.

Wifi explained her talents, and how she'd stepped down to be with her three kiddos. He nodded in understanding, climbing over the fallen tree that the smaller female had gone around. Then the red furred woman said something he hadn't been expecting. The mahogany furred male paused in his path, just for a moment, before he continued walking. Heda never took a mate, wasn't it against the law of the clans? Once again, things were very different here. Yeah I- I've met her. Only once. Didn't seem to talkative. The first part of his sentence was staggered with the surprise, the rest was said with a slight chuckle.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She could see that her declaration affected him, though only for an instant. If Ishum was disgusted or disturbed, he didn't show it. He merely observed the leader's reticence, which made Wildfire smile. The commander was a woman of few words indeed.

"Heda does most of her talking with actions," Wildfire agreed. "She's a good leader. I know she'll be pleased that you're pursuing these trades." She meant to say something else on the subject when the most errant thought crossed her mind; she wondered how old he was and whether he could be a candidate to father her next litter, supposing she didn't simply return to Dio.

But she didn't necessarily want any more children, she reminded herself with a loud blink. Shaking her head, she ignored the flush of heat that passed through her as she glanced awkwardly at Ishum. He couldn't know what she'd just thought but she felt embarrassed anyway. She looked away, scanning the borders and hoping it just looked like she was focusing on their patrol for a moment.
god of fire, god of war
21 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
we could wrap this up soon? Or continue :D

Ishum nodded, he understood actions over words. He could be that way sometimes, but most of the time he liked to speak. He was good at it, and he enjoyed it. I'm sure she is a great leader, and I think she made a good choice in mate. He said with a smile. Wildfire looked away for a minute, and there was a strange pauses Ishum didn't stop walking, but he wondered what she was thinking about. You ok? He called back to her, just as she gave a slight shake of her head.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
I'll conclude it for us, sonny! ;)

He couldn't know it but Ishum's comment about her mate-ship warmed the cockles of her heart, which fortunately distracted her from her awkward train of thought. "Yeah!" she replied perhaps a bit too quickly, turning to look at him with an overly bright smile. It softened into a more normal expression as she added, "Thank you, by the way. That means a lot." Especially since he was from Maungeda, although she didn't feel the need to mention that part.

From there, they fell into a companionable silence as they continued to peruse the borders. When they wrapped it up—it was entirely uneventful—Wildfire took the opportunity to invite him along on a hunt. As they moved deeper into the territory, she regaled him with descriptions of the three young children they would be feeding, their voices soon fading away into the forest.