Wheeling Gull Isle a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
idk if there's a posting order if so sorry! ignore me

Slowly, the small group that had first assembled when Maera had arrived had quickly upped its numbers, and soon, the flame found herself surrounded with more and more strangers. The only face she knew, Axolotl, was nowhere to be found, but still Maera's eyes scanned the crowd anxiously in hopes she had just not seen him earlier. She wondered then if she should've even attended to this call - if Axolotl, who she thought was commited to these wolves hadn't, then why did she, that didn't even know them. had to?

For a second, the thought of getting up and attempting a quiet escape crossed her mind, but she knew she wasn't exactly one to be able to blend with the scenery with ease. So she stayed where she was, her tail wrapped around her feet as she simply allowed her eyes to fall onto the male that had summoned them all. There were some murmurs from wolves behind her but Maera didn't turn her head to see them, or even her ears to listen to what they said.
She simply stared blankly at Komodo. 

When he spoke, Maera felt her ears perk up against her will, she listened to him carefully, her nose inevitably scrunching skeptically as he tried to convey that they were all, somehow, all family now. To Maera, her family, as absent as it was, was a unit that couldn't be broken into or modified with ease. She was a Sveijarn, and no one other than Jokull, Lárus and Valtýr were her sisters, brothers.
No one.  

The whole family thing aside, Komodo made then some valid ponts. If they were to thrive they had to be together, and for that they had to know one another.  As if to get the ball rolling, he introduced himself with his name and his vocation, and quickly after another of the wolves that had first arrived followed suit. Maera wondered if she should speak, but couldn't think of anything useful to say.
She was no medic, she was not anything that these other wolves couldn't be: a decent hunter, a warrior, and what.. a hoarder, collector of feathers and other useless shit?
Again, Maera felt herself adrift.

"I'm Maera Sveijarn - I was not here during the storm, but i came to help" she finally decided to say, her eyes flicking from Komodo, to the wolf that had just spoken, and then to the others. She didn't know how the others would feel about her being there, since she hadn't gone through what they had. If it were her who had just gone through tragedy and found someone foreign to that experience trying to get it, she doubted she'd be welcoming.
But that was just her - hopefully, these wolves were different.
[Image: girl_gang.png]
Messages In This Thread
RE: a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied - by Maera - June 22, 2017, 12:57 PM