Big Salmon Lake These walls, they seem to call my name
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Private 
Thought this was a good place inbetween BFW and MSP, slightly closer to MSP because Aries wouldn't be able to get too far! For @Astrid and @Slade, but I can do a separate one for you (Xandir) if you don't want a united thread!

He had snuck away as quiet as possible. It was still dark outside - his family was sleeping when he had left. Why he had gone, he did not know, but it was better than being squished up against Cass and his parents. Yes, he still loved them, but he wasn't really one for cuddles. Being out in the dark, alone, was his favourite. It was quiet and peaceful, with dancing shadows cast out across the land from the moon. 

It was almost eerily quiet outside, but the boy was not bothered. He moved like a panther through the night, graceful even from his young age. Aries stopped underneath a tree, scanning the area around him with his baby-blue eyes. He was far from home, he knew that, but this place was far more interesting. The Tau lowered himself down so that he was sitting, watching those shadows that twirled and flashed as clouds passed over the bright moon, blocking some of the light.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
I wasn't voting for anything specific, so this is fine. :)

One of the most wonderous thing of being a loner, is being able to go wherever, whenever, however you desire. Slade took dvantage of his freedom, wandering between the dark brood of forestry near where he once called home and around into the lighter, more strangled than normal plethera of growing sticks that were pagued by some parasitic villain that drained their own attractiveness.

A song swirled around in his head as he finished ripping apart the last of a goose who thought protecting his mate and eggs would have been a good idea, that night. Dreaded though it was, this goose was damn tastey.

"I'm blowin' up the mystery, and all the pretty things you see..."

He hummed the rest as he took his time, making his way through the delicate meat and marrow as if he was fine dining.

"Living with a villain pacing in my mind."

Slade came across an aroma that wasn't exactly the smell of geese, let alone the one he had torn to pieces. Oh, no, no,...this was something that would have been even more delectable. A baby. Even more distinct, a wolf baby. And with a volcanic stare that was more known to demons than wolves, Slade lowered himself well into the rising rebellious blades of grass, the thck and spiky ruff guardhairs on the hunch of powerful shoulders too taking on the form of grass blades, from a distance. The pup looked about, azure irises visible even from his cover, and Slade remained as still as stone, until the pup made his error...he stopped searching for danger.

Slithering through the grass, the serpentine lupine snaked to the direct back of the wolf pup, the moon being a lovely little thing in the sky tonight, her light portraying the shadows faceing him, and not the other way around. He made his way through the soft grass, then sat just behind the wolf pup, just on the last thread of peripheral's fringes.

"I don't believe your mother allows your bedtime to be this late, little one."
                                                                                       [Image: lodaup96f21.gif]
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Nyx felt achieved. While she had seen Damien around - had even spoken to the powerful and rightful ruler of their woods - their plan had not been set in motion yet. Nyx was not scared of pain or torture; perhaps she did not fear like the forest king at all. There was little she was afraid of, and so, as she pondered one night, it felt only natural to enjoy a stroll under the pale light of the moon. As the goddess of night - or at least one who shared her name - she felt part of the night like none of her siblings did. She sometimes even wondered where her weakling brothers had disappeared to. Atshen was the only one of her family that she often spoke and had a connection with - the rest were replaceable.

It was a shame that the clouds blocked the moon every now and again; the lake was prone to be beautiful under it. Then again, the darkness that the clouds provided was more than enough to hide her deep night pelt that was dusted with crushed stars. The only thing could've given her away were her white-accented face and spring eyes that seemed to enchant a lot of men and women these days. But, in the stillness of the night, she scented something quite peculiar; two males, one carrying the distinct smell of a pup. She slowed to a stop to sniff the air, closing her eyes to take it in, when she found the trail of the older one. The wind was in her favour; if she could smell them, they should not be able to sense her. Luckily, Nyx did not sport the brutish form most in her family did; she was quite agile for someone that seemed as strong as her. She sneaked to where they were, picking up the voice of a man as she hid herself in the covering grass.

Something felt off about the way he spoke. He had not threatened the child, but they did not seem to know each other. Nyx always tried to be a hero to get benefits out of others and tonight was no exception. She revealed herself to them; proud yet not particularly dominant. A true gentleman would bring the child where he belonged. Her slightly accented voice was like a gunshot to the silence that came with night, but she would not mind the attention.[/tr][/td][/table]
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
He had, at first, been unaware of another presence as he sat, watching the moon. But as time passed he grew more and more uncomfortable, until the wind brought to him a scent that was far from grand. The boy turned to see a dark shadow just behind him, though it seemed more real than the ones that froliced through the grass. A voice came next, seemingly sinister. "Don't care." He managed to mutter before another voice could be heard. 

Aries was unsure what to think. He did not trust these strangers yet, not at all. He remained stoic and silent, blue orbs glittered in the occasional flash of moonlight that the clouds allowed. His posture was not submissive in the slightest, but the boy did not make a move to change it.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
He was caught before he could even have the chance to think of anything to do to the pup. Not that he was going to, but thoughts were a flurry within Slade as he stood behind the child like some bedtime story parents would warn their own of.
Smooth as silk, his baritones met her foreign dulcets as he noted but plainly ignored the words from the rebellious child.

"Wise of me to not claim such a title then, hm?"

Despite his chilled and calculated demeanor, his mind still was a vortex of questions. Who was this woman, and for what reason was she here? Was this her spawn? Where was she from? His minute experience in the situation had forced him to use only the bit of time between these two to discern answers. The voices didn't match in their context. He should have been outright attacked if this was the mother.

Molten irises kept on the youth before him, and though he wanted to find who murdered his solitary time with the pup, he did not give pleasure of showing his face just yet. A thick cape of guard hairs hung taunt around his broad shoulders, a curtain of darkness that seemed darker than the silhouettes they all cast upon eachother. An ear twitched, flicking off an unwanted crawler atop a massive crown, pelted with a mane of glorious shadows. A tail, thick and coated with obsidian silk, snaked across the front of his paws, the extension more serpentine than that of a mindless body part.

The behemoth known as Slade took his gaze away from the child to gaze upon the moon. The only time the older man had to roam the earth was at night, and he damn sure was not going to let this heathen ruin his free time. Or his not yet conceived plans.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]With a deep stare was she fixated on the man that loomed so sinisterly near the child - face a nonchalant frown as the man spoke. Something about the deep black loner spoke to her; perhaps it was his size or the danger in his aura. He reminded Nyx of Damien, even though she could not completely tell within the darkness they had found themselves in. What do you plan on doing with him? Surely he is not yours.  Nyx asked as she stepped closer. She was far from a child anymore; she could converse with the stranger on a mature level so they could settle on what to do about this strange situation.

Where did you come from, spiderling? She asked as she turned to the small boy. Not even the hint of a smile appeared on her face; lips pulled in a tight line right after she was done talking. She did not trust the other man with the kid alone, otherwise she had simply left the child alone. It was not her job to babysit small boys.[/tr][/td][/table]
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
They spoke to each other as though he was not there. Even so, as tempting as it was to just leave them to their discussion, his gaze was firmly trained on them. Who were they? Was he not the only one who enjoyed the silence of the night, then? He did not care for others, no, but it was indeed interesting to the young boy. Perhaps there were indeed other wolves out there that held close the same interests he did. 

Finally the girl spoke directly to him. Spiderling? What on earth was a spiderling"Moonspear." He said blankly, nodding his head in the direction of his 'home'. However, he knew it was not his birthplace. With a shrug, he added "Not born there." No more words were uttered from the boy's maw, and instead he fell back into silence once more. Perhaps, if Astrid knew he had been born in Teaghlaigh to Dakarai and Olive, he might have been killed. But the girl was seemingly unaware and Aries did not even know what his parents had been doing before his birth.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The Nightmare King had realized his desire to be in the presence had become quite diminished. Well, actually, it had never existed. How does one lessen something which does not exist? These two were beneath his interest, all having a powwow in deciphering locations of who was from where. And it couldn't exactly matter that he had a plan to meet up with a ...friend..later tonight. There were things that needed to be discussed, and these two playing 20 questions had began to waste what spare time he had originally planned to keep to himself.

He would probably look defeated by this female if he just upped and left, yet the Shadow Sire stood to his fours and shook his coat out. He wouldn't have the time to try and pry words from this pup, nor the time to sate this woman's inquisive desires.

"I bid you both farewell." Whether it was returned, he cared little of. More important things were at stake here, and he had no intention to use these two as an excuse; he would just look pathetic.

With less than a sweep of his banner, the ex-Brotherhood member returned to the lands of malevolence, just on the external fringes of the BlackFeather's forests, with the scent of both lupines etched well within his memory.

Thank you for the meet, you two!
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Moonspear. Now - where had she heard that again? Surely it couldn't be far if the kid had gotten here on his own. The shadowy male did not seem like someone who'd trespass just to steal a young child and he wasn't the least bit panicky around the other. It was a strange situation, and it became even stranger when the nightmare king lifted and turned, offering them both a goodbye as he left the scene. Had she saved the child from a horrible crime, or had she made a fool out of herself? Honestly, Nyx hadn't the slightest idea.

She turned to the child, starry forehead morphing into a new constellation as her white brows lifted. Do you not wish to return there? Surely they do not like it when you wander off. She questioned, shifting into a sitting position nearby him. If the kid really was from a pack close to her own home, it really wasn't a smart move to abandon him - she needed allies for their rebellion, and this seemed like a great opportunity.[/tr][/td][/table]
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Aries watched with a face set like stone as the large male got up, shook his pelt, and bid farewell. The boy was uninterested, and quite frankly, was glad the other had left. The less living things around him, the better. Sure, he still had the girl here, but that was better than two wolves. "Don't care." He shrugged, tail flicking. "Don't like Hydra." She wouldn't know who Hydra was, would she? Even if she didn't, Aries did not bother to explain who she was. "Bossy." That was all he needed to say. Or, wanted to say. He just didn't like Hydra, and sometimes Charon if he was making him submit. "Bit her other day." He grinned for a moment, proud of his small achievement. That was probably the most he'd said in one go in his life, and it was saying what he didn't like. Was that bad?

He flicked his ear, gaze sweeping over the wolfess again. She didn't seem bad, but was she alright? He was unsure. Should he trust her or not?
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]She raised her white tinted brows at his shrug. He was so small - probably hadn't learned of the world yet, and so it was safe in his mind to be out in the open. Hydra? Is she your mother? Nyx asked. She knew the mommy-issues all too well and could probably use his assistance as much as he needed hers to get rid of them. But Nemesis had never been bossy; she had simply vanished out of her life as Nyx went through hell and it seemed she didn't even regret it.

I can not leave you out in the open, so I am afraid that you are stuck with me for the night ,until you return home. She tried to reason with him. Nyx was very specific company to keep and she wasn't sure her well-spoken persona would humour the boy for very long.[/tr][/td][/table]
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Sorry for bad post!

He shook his head rapidly, a face of pure disgust on his face. "No! Hydra not mother. Mother Olive." The boy was shocked! How in the world did she get the idea that Hydra was his mother?! No way! Aries flicked his tail, the expression on his face fading into his usual, blank one.

At the older girl's next words, he just furrowed his brow. "Why?" He was old enough to take care of himself, right? He could do it! He didn't need protecting, if that was what she was implying.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Olive - now how did that name sound familiar? It was probably just something in her mind - not really important for now. Although, she'd ask Damien and Atshen about it. Nyx simply couldn't drop something like this. She let out a soft, giggle-like sound as she placed her starry paws before her, now lying down. The night is not as peaceful as She appears. She explained quietly, hushing as to lure him into her stories.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
She was curious, to say the least. Aries flicked an ear, slightly disgruntled at her giggle, but said nothing. He was silent until she spoke again. "What?" he tilted his head, more curiousity brewing inside him. What was she on about now? The night was just as plain and boring as it looked - only the stars interested him in the slightest, and that was only because his mother seemed to have a passion for them. Why, he didn't yet know, but perhaps that was why he was so interested. Shadows could be interesting, sometimes, but other than that, night was just as boring as day.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Then it dawned on her; the young child had never heard about the Deadric Princes, their realms, their powers - nor of Nocturnal, the prince after she was named. She knew the child was not of their woods, but since he refused to go home, she may as well inform him. Everyone deserved to know their true rulers. She let out a secretive giggle. You do not know who rules the night, now do you? She questioned with a knowing smile. You do not know their stories... I can share them, if you promise to let me take you home when dawn is near...
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Aries glanced up at the sky to see if there was anything interesting about it, but he saw nothing out of the ordinary. What on earth was this girl talking about? "No." He stated, not at all embarrassed by his lack of knowledge on the matter. She offered to share her stories, and while Aries did not really care much for stories, he was intruiged. There was nothing odd about the night? There was no ruler. He didn't know of a ruler. He hesitated, flicking his tail, but shrugged his shoulders. "Fine." He would have to go back home when dawn was near anyway, so might as well learn something about the night while he was here.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

His answer came as no surprise and Nyx beamed her mismatched eyes brightly, a smile that was rarely seen on her face appearing out of the soft mist that had seemed to surround them for the night. It was as if Nocturnal was wrapping a blanket 'round them to keep them warm while Nyx told her story. She leaned in, perhaps to show off the stars that decorated even her forehead and cheeks, and took a deep breath.

Nocturnal is the goddess of the night - she is one of the Deadric Princes that live in what we call "The Void", while we live in the mortal world over which they have control. She remembered Damien's tales well and was able to recall them with little effort. There are many of them, each having their own realm, but Nocturnal rules the mysterious realm of Evergloam. She's a beautiful lady of night and darkness. She's mysterious with many stories, yet... none. She's clouded in secrecy and enigma, daughter of Twilight and Empress of Murk. Chills ran down her own back as she told all she knew about the goddess after she was named (and quite appropriately so).

Her realm, Evergloam, The Cradle of Shadow - from there does she look over her plane of oblivion and the pocket realms that reside within it. One of them is named the Crow's Wood; it's a gloomy forest where nightly nightmares creatures roam - the Blackfeather Court, a host of sentient crows who make war with the wolves that are also part of the forest, dominates it. She continued, seeing the nightly sky shift from oblivion to a lighter shade, indicating the near-end of the night. It was with this coming light that, perhaps, the child could get a better look at her - at the personification of night herself.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Aries listened, ears perked, as the darker girl spoke. Nocturnal, was the name first spoken of - apparently a Deadric Princess, whatever that was. He didn't bother to ask, but his interest was spiked. There were beings that ruled the world? How come? The girl did not explain further, instead moving on to describe her realm. That was a word he had only recently learned. He was quite proud he had remembered it. 

The boy remained silent as the story continued, listening to the odd tale, that clearly the girl believed to be true. It must be, right? One must have a good imagination to simply make up something like that. He would have to remember the names that were told to him. Suddenly, he heard the word Blackfeather. His head lifted and he tilted his head. "I heard 'Blackfeather' before. What's it?" His mother and father had mentioned it before (not to him, but he was listening). What did it mean, and why did they always look frightened or angry when speaking about it?
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Perhaps the name "Olive" should have been a clear warning not to continue associating with the child. But, it seemed the young had a strange, protective effect on the usual cold Nyx. A mother she had never had, yet already was she proving to be a better one than Nemesis. Now the child was informed, Nyx even thought of taking him with her to the blackfeather woods - the woods so accurately named after the court of ravens, for even in her home did the black birds roam. Sure, they were not sentient and not the dominant ones in their woods, but they were a part of something much larger. Surely Damien could explain...

It is where I came from, little spiderling. She answered honestly. It is named after the court for the ravens that now call our woods their home too. She informed, speaking no word of how her family had been the cause of the young male's misfortune - or, perhaps, how they were the true cause for Olive to end up here. Those scars ran deeper than any of them knew, but Nyx was used to being loathed by outsiders. Soon enough she'd carry the mark of the brotherhood upon her shoulder, inviting more judgmental souls to say how despicable she was. But it was what it was; to devote herself to all Damien believed in she must accept such a fate; to be near him, she was to actually cut herself from her family. And she had - perhaps too harshly... Had she judged by hatred just like Nemesis? Was she becoming her? I fear... I fear I cannot tell you much more, unless you wish to leave your young life behind and join us. It was a gruesome offer, but she feared she had told too much. Olive must not know she was here; she was not to know she had infected her child with their religion.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away

So, Blackfeather was the name of a place. He understood now. So why did his parents fear a place? What could be so dangerous about that? It was certainly a strange thing to be scared of. Aries was silent for a moment more, simply pondering, as the girl spoke of why it was named that. Ravens, she said. They were black coloured birds, weren't they? He'd seen one of those before. They were cool looking, he had to admit.

The dark-pelted girl said she feared she could not tell him any more, without him leaving his young life behind. Why? Were there things he was not supposed to know? Secrets? Aries raised a brow, but then thought back over what she said. 'Unless you wish to leave your young life behind and join us'. Did that mean....? He might be able to go... Not return to Moonspear? He had been waiting for the right time, the ideal opportunity, to find somewhere where he fit in. Was this the opportunity, given to him? "You mean I could... go with you?" Well, really, what did he have to lose? He did not belong in Moonspear, he knew that already. What was this Blackfeather place, and if he went to it then did that mean he could learn more of the secrets that the girl seemed unwilling to tell? And if so... should he go? So many questions he had, but he was silent, only speaking once to ask a single question. Perhaps this was his chance.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

So, this happens on a night between the 13th of June till present day - you decide what will work best and we'll go from there XD You all certain about this?

It was a bold thing to offer; a spot underneath the ravens and underling the shadows of the brotherhood. For many, it was a curse, but perhaps she had told him such fantastical tales he will not question the safety of the place. Perhaps he would treasure it; make it his home under the firm, speckled wing of the young Speaker. Perhaps Damien would not find it okay, but it was just one meek boy that seemed to be quite entranced with her and her secrets. Besides, if this "Olive" truly was an enemy of their woods, this was the ideal way to lure her in.

If you do not fear the consequences, then, yes. She answered with a hopeful glint in her mismatched eyes. Want to be one of us - a spiderling of the Speaker herself? She questioned - perhaps just to remind him as to what he was getting himself into. It sounded like a privilege, but, really, he was a little test subject for now. To see how Damien was around children; to see how far innocence went and how it could draw even more in like a net catching fish. 
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Awesome! Perhaps the 18th? Aries has no threads past that date, so it works well for me! And yes c:

Aries, for a moment, considered turning down the offer, as he did care much for his family and he would miss them, he was sure. But... This was an opportunity he could not miss. He did not want to stay at Moonspear any longer, even if his family did. It might have been easier, perhaps, to bid farewell to his family beforehand, but how was he to know that this offer would be made to him? He would return at one point in the future, maybe, to inform them of his departure, but honestly by then they'd probably believe him to be dead. Perhaps that was a good thing. He'd be free, for the most part. Besides, he didn't think his parents would approve of his chosen location - they never sounded happy when talking about 'Blackfeather'.

The boy listened as the wolfess spoke, confirming that he could indeed leave with her and join the other pack. He was silent for a moment, considering, taking in the offer. But he did not have to think it over for all that long. His decision was already made. "Yes... I do."
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Perfect! I'll start their arrival thread soon and add him to the ranks ;)

The corners of her mouth twitched up, giving her quite the charming smile for someone who so rarely does smile. She gave him a knowing tweak of her speckled brows as well, rising as the sun did on the horizon. How had she spent this night talking to strangers, and not ending up with more enemies? Honestly, now that her mother was gone, there was little for her to rebel against. She missed the feeling of fighting for a cause - for a rebellion. Their victory was too sound and calm, and it made her feel sick to her stomach.

Alright. Let me guide you. She said as she waited for him to rise and follow. Do not fear what lays on our borders - it is mostly to scare off those with enough fear. And you surely are not some wimpy, whiny scaredy-cat, now are you? She asked rather jokingly.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Great, thank you! :) Shall we begin to finish this thread up? Or we can continue, if you'd rather!

The boy watched as she smiled charmingly, then speaking and telling him to follow, which he did with a small flick of his tail. Finally. He was going somewhere new . Unexplored (for him, anway), different. It was rather exciting, he realised. There was this strange adrenaline keeping him going, and perhaps that had helped him to accept the offer of joining Blackfeather. It must have mean caused by the fact that he was sneaking away from home . His family would not know where he was. Aries was going on a whole new secret adventure. At least, that's how it went in his mind.

He was curious about what she meant about the borders, and what lay there. What did she have there that might scare him away? He was no coward. "I am not." He answered her rather seriously, before the corners of his own mouth began to twitch with slight amusement.

What an unexpected turn of events.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.