Wheeling Gull Isle keep a weather eye on the horizon
l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
The pious leviathan seethes in his mood but Maera — despite her displeasure with him — is like a beacon of light that cuts through the dark of night and black of the sea — she begets a welcoming sight like a lighthouse guiding the way for a weary sailor; and he feels very much like both the travel weary sailor and blackened sea as it churns with impending malice. She stumbles and falls at his paws forcing his steps to cease lest he walk into her and the leviathan’s lips part to speak, his muzzle extending towards her with desire to touch but her accusation — justified and righteous as it is! — cuts to the quick and he recoils slightly. He did not doubt that his absence would be noted and it does not bring about surprise that it was noted moreso by Maera than any other.

The leviathan is not sure how to go about explaining the complication of his thoughts and his refusal to show at Komodo’s summon as if he is simply another subordinate to be collected. He does not support any claim Komodo might think to hold, not when he, too, has been putting much effort into making the Isle a home. He has recruited the flame given flesh before him, he has braved the sandbar to go to the mainland in search of sustainable food sources beyond coastal delicacies. He hunts and marks borders. He feels a duty towards the wolves that is contiguous with what a leader no doubt feels. It is not something he has ever necessarily desired but it is there and Axolotl refuses to surrender his campaign however small and unwelcome it might be.

“Perhaps Komodo’s intentions were not so but such a bold summons to him might give cause for the others to see him as our leader. I do not support it as he is not the only candidate we have,” The leviathan tells her. “I have done much for the Isle, as have others. He is not our only option and I would not see my own campaign so easily forfeited by showing up and inevitably supporting him.” Perhaps the leviathan sounds like a petulant child, perhaps there is no competition at all and Komodo has already been elevated to such a position but it is one that Axolotl will welcomingly challenge if none others are, at the very least, considered. In lies the issue with yet having no proclaimed Alpha while attempting to establish themselves. These tensions are only bound to get worse until a leader is officially appointed.

They need to appoint someone and they need to do it soon. “It was not desire to be parted from you, I promise.” Axolotl attempts to soothe now that he has offered her explanation for his intention absence.
she spoke to the king in me
and slept with the beast
Messages In This Thread
keep a weather eye on the horizon - by Axolotl - June 18, 2017, 06:13 PM
RE: keep a weather eye on the horizon - by Maera - June 18, 2017, 08:53 PM
RE: keep a weather eye on the horizon - by Axolotl - June 19, 2017, 04:15 AM
RE: keep a weather eye on the horizon - by Maera - June 22, 2017, 01:28 PM
RE: keep a weather eye on the horizon - by Axolotl - June 23, 2017, 05:06 AM
RE: keep a weather eye on the horizon - by Maera - July 03, 2017, 03:21 PM
RE: keep a weather eye on the horizon - by Axolotl - July 04, 2017, 05:18 AM
RE: keep a weather eye on the horizon - by Maera - July 06, 2017, 02:10 PM
RE: keep a weather eye on the horizon - by Axolotl - July 07, 2017, 04:57 PM