The Heartwood bromeliaceae
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
All Welcome 
It was raining. Again. As if the air wasn't damp enough, it seemed that all it was inclined to do as of late was rain. Never quite enough to be a good gully-washer, it was as sporadic as the path Dirge had been forging across the open plains. Where the river had cut a wide and deep swath through them, the other side opened up to lush forests that obviously benefited from their locale. He had reached the forest just in time for the rain to begin and now his exploration was hand-in-hand with shelter.

Of course, being out in the rain did little to humor him. But it was a necessary evil they all faced and he wasn't about to go denning up somewhere with who knew what. Just inside the tall borderesque land he gave pause, his attention fixated for several long moments to see if @Saor was in tow of him. The duo hadn't seen @Nyx in days, but he had not begun to worry for her just yet. They branched off from one another frequently and likewise, always found one another again.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
The gloomy sky seemed to match the landscape, as Howl came through the Heartwoods. All around him were trees, grass and shrubs that had been burnt down long ago. Only a few trees stood providing little shelter for Howl. So much so that he didn't bother trying to stay out of the rain. I hadn't gotten to the point where the rain was unbearable or uncomfortable for Howl, and it actually felt soothing. Howl hadn't stopped traveling in a long while. Traveling from one end of the wilds to the other.

So Howl went strolling slowly through the rain as a passive rest. But as he went strolling through the remains of the woods a figure came into fiew. Another wolf. Howl shook off his fur not that it did much since it was rains, then began to walk up to this wolf and asked. "How are you doing? Are you a fan of the rain?"
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
hello! thanks for joining, and sorry for the delay in response.

Long moments passed before he determined that Saor was content to stay out in the plains on her own. The rain would not bother her and if he knew her, she had already found something to hold her interest. Maybe she just hadn't had her fill of the damp weather. As for Dirge, he decided to linger along the outskirts of the woodland, taking what shelter it provided. His gaze wandered the old wood as he reclined to his haunches; the birds were still in the canopies above. That didn't bode well for the rain stopping any time soon, but at least it wasn't a torrential downpour.

So while it may not have been raining cats and dogs, it was raining another sort. There were footfalls on the damp earth that did not go with the natural rhythm of the rain. His attention was swift to leave whatever ponderous notions could have come to mind to assess whatever was coming his way, only to find another wolf. Knavish-looking and dark as approaching night, it was not curious questions Dirge would have anticipated coming from him. But at least it beat a flash of teeth.

"Well enough to both," came his demure response.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
This wolf's responce was rather short and vauge. No discription of how he was doing other then that he was "well". He also didn't say anything to further the conversation. Not that Howl had expected for this male to have a monolauge prepared for every wolf that he came across, but returning the question would be nice. Howl didn't move any closer to this male, but did move around the area looking around a bit before asking, "You up to anything interesting?" simply to see if Howl would have any interest in thier conversation going further.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
His counterpart seemed disinclined to stay still. Dirge's gaze tracked after him as he loped along, not quite closing in that distance. The action was tame enough to not raise suspicion, yet the familiarity of unease wedged itself in. The pacing did not supplement the next question favorably either. His attention disengaged then to look forward and thankfully, his tongue seemed snared inside his pearly whites to save a retort.

"I don't appear to be doing anything of that sort," he said, though the words were uncertain as they trailed slow. "You seem to be doing all the interesting for me. There's open fields out there if you're looking to run the energy off," he went on to say, stock-still by comparison. By then, his gaze had leveled off with the dark-haired canine again.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
It didn't seem as though this conversation would go that much further. Howl wasn't necessarily looking for company just strolling though, and losing contact with this male didn't seem like a big loss. Howl had an unknown destination in mind and it seemed as though he wanted to get there sooner rather then later. The male suggested he run off some energy, seeming as though he wanted Howl to leave, but not in an aggressive way. The rain was still light enough where Howl wouldn't mind getting a bit wet. He turned in the direction he would head and said to the male, "Well I hope something interesting happens to you soon..." he said before trotting off out of the woods.