Hideaway Strath now kindly behave like a gangster again
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Much to Arturo’s relief he does not have to over turn the Strath to find Hemlock. The gangster lets out a derisive snort when Hemlock makes mention to him having freed himself from his children. Ankle-biters is both extremely accurate and yet somehow not quite accurate enough. There is very little in the world that Arturo Fearghal loves more than his children because they are his sole redemption arc but being a father has it’s cons and it is not always a task full of sunshine and rainbows and there are times, like today, that Arturo is grateful for solitude. Still, he relishes in their want to be near him because he knows that one day, soon, they will groan against the mention of lessons or of having to spend quality time with their parents. They are still young yet and life is yet but a novelty and Lotte and him — as parents — are still cool. “For the moment,” Ceannasach murmurs with a twitch of his lips into a beguiling albeit small smile.

“I’m glad I’ve found you,” Arturo admits. He sees no reason to put off this particular offer and if he hadn’t found her it would have been shuffled to the side as patrols, leadership duties or children made their presence as priority (sometimes obnoxiously) known and demanded. “I have something I’d like to discuss with you,” And because he cannot help but see the irony in those words and idly wonders if she has yet come to fear them, a small smirk plays at the corners of his lips. “— not about what we’ve previously discussed last time we were alone,” Well they hadn’t actually been alone but Eirlys was far too young to count as a participant in the conversation. “This time I come to you with an offer of promotion to Oifigeach, if you’ll have it.” None yet have held the rank which makes this better for Arturo personally, as he has begun to think that the rank of Póilín bears a curse to it as it’s first holder was murdered and it’s second holder ended up betraying him and Teaghlaigh — and though Arturo has always scoffed at his mother’s superstitions he finds himself weary of the rank and (actively) avoids it like the plague it has become to him mentally striking it from his hierarchy until he is certain that such a curse does not exist.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
now kindly behave like a gangster again - by Arturo - June 23, 2017, 04:17 AM
RE: now kindly behave like a gangster again - by Arturo - June 23, 2017, 04:28 PM