Hideaway Strath now kindly behave like a gangster again
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
“Good.” Arturo is pleased that Hemlock has accepted the Oifigeach position, for, in his mind, there is none that is more deserving of it. She is one of the last of Teaghlaigh’s founders and without her Arturo accepts that none of this would be possible. Whether the gangster realizes it or not he feels indebted to her. “I was never a man to believe in such childish things as curses,” For that is what he sees such things: curses, magic, deities as: childish. He has always been realistic, always focusing on what he can see and touch and hear. He feels no otherworldly presence though he knows his mother’s first defense to that would be something along the lines of if you close your mind, you will never feel them but he is an old man stubborn, old fashioned and set in his ways. He is master of his own fate not some invisible, all powerful deity. “but I cannot deny the two instances of tragedy that the title Póilín carries with it. Perhaps it is time the rank is made defunct.” He knows that he has been preening Chusi for eventual leadership but even the mere idea of giving her the accursed rank makes his heart seize in his chest and his throat to close with anxiety; besides she is still young and values her freedom too much to be encumbered by the demands and responsibilities of leadership. He airs his concerns and his thoughts to her, as she, like Lotte, is now part of his decision making process when it came to ranks and things and though currently he is merely musing aloud he cannot ignore that he is seriously considering ridding Teaghlaigh of it.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
now kindly behave like a gangster again - by Arturo - June 23, 2017, 04:17 AM
RE: now kindly behave like a gangster again - by Arturo - June 28, 2017, 04:32 AM