Blackfeather Woods glowing like prey in the forest of death
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
kept some things vague but i wanted to get roar kahlil introduced to some bfw peeps!

Kahlil drinks in the foreign scents of his home — or what is to become it in time — exploring the dark, foreboding fortress with sharp eyes and careful step. There is nothing remotely similar to Hideaway Strath here and Kahlil has come to the conclusion that his Teaghlaigh is lost to him forever. This acceptance is hard to swallow but it’s press remains true and insistent. He must shed Roarke as a snake sheds it skin; as he knows he must adapt to Blackfeather Woods and their ways if he hopes to survive. There is an impenetrable umbra to the fortress he now dwells within as Spiderling under the recently acquired care of Nyx that despite his dubitation calls to the warrior within him. Perhaps it is the blood and corpses — severed heads and other body parts of their borders he took note of as they crossed it — both caused a shiver of dread — who were these wolves? — and a shiver of excitement that spoke to the most ferine part of the tundrian.

He has been compromised by arrogance, innocence and the unparalleled trust of a child. His gaze flickers up to the small swath of sky he can see through the dark canopy above of his parents, siblings and Hemlock all dearly missed before he squeezes his eyes shut against what memories of them linger and severs it all. The Family before Everything Else. That was one of the tenets that Ceannasach had been drilling into the heads of his children. He keeps it in his mind as he adopts Kahlil with the intention of Roarke never seeing the light of day again. For the sake of The Family, Roarke cannot survive here. He must be a thespian as Lotte Ansbjørn before him.

Steps slow to a cease as he rubs against the nearest tree with intention of saturating pale pelage with the scent of the Speaker and the Blackfeather Woods.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Oooh! Aries arrived not long before (18th), so they're both pretty new here! *shoves Aries over*

Aries - or Neo, as he had recently named himself - was simply exploring. Getting a feel for the land that was his new home. He did not regret coming here, though he was sure by now that his parents were worried and most likely searching everywhere for him. Too bad. They would not find him, he did not think. Under the new, adopted character of Neo, he was safe. He would have to be on his guard, just in case, but he believed that Dakarai and Olive would not be brave enough to search the Blackfeather Court for him, and even if they were he doubted they would make it far before being caught. 

The boy, a spiderling now, was being cared for by Nyx. She had brought him here, and he had only met her so far, so he was curious when he came across the scent of another youngster. Neo was certain that he could make an appearance - after all, the scent of the fellow pup was not yet completely mingled with that of the Blackfeather wolves. Then again, his own wasn't either, though it was more so than this strangers. With his small tail raised and bulky form held high, he approached. 

The white pelt was easily spotted in the darkness of the woods, and the Svartell child had no trouble finding him. Stepping out into clear view, he chuffed a greeting, wondering what to make of the other. His posture was dominant, though certainly far lesser than that of the Speaker, whom he respected greatly already. He was still just a spiderling, and did not recognise himself as anything but - those higher than him were to be respected. After all, one would be smart to not get on the wrong side of these wolves - it was clear, right at their borders, that they would not be hesitant to kill. Those borders, marked with blood and gruesome remains, were an obvious sign that they did not mess around.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
i got some time off, and so i could not resist jumping in this one

Vaati has missed much during his escapades outside of Blackfeather Woods. In his absence has their ruler bowed out, his uncle takn up a mantle of which Vaati has not seen him under, and his mother, shrunked away into her own corners of the world. It bothers him, that he has been kept out of the loop, despite the realization that his recluse nature is the very thing that caused it. No more, he vows as strolls into the endarkened territory that day, nearing upon two others of lesser age than him. Instantly do his eyes narrow, instinctive warning bells ringing in his consious as he sizes up, seemingly looking down upon the two with an intolerance he has grown into. But growing, he has done. Over the weeks gone by, he has grown, on his way to mimicking the size and stature of his father with very little sign of stopping. He now towers over his sisters and his brother, a fact that will forever ring true.

His eyes sweep over the two, glancing at one and landing on another, a boy who holds an arrogance the other does not like; rubbing himself on the ground of Blackfeather Woods with an entitlement he does not yet have. "Who are you?" He enquires with a venom he is unaccustomed to but embraces in that moment nonetheless, for there are strangers in his home and as far as he sees it, are a threat to those within.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
thank you both for joining!

Roarke held the inklings of dominance found in his desire to spar with all that he came in contact with but Kahlil was a different beast all together. Roarke had submitted to Malliadh’s dominant nature because she was first born of his litter but Kahlil takes the bases that he has and makes it domineering. His intent to absorb the scent of the Blackfeather wolves was not a gesture meant to be dominate — simply he is trying to make himself one of them — and it is not until the approach of the first pup — Neo he would come to know him as — whose posture oozes dominance that draws from spinesplitter’s lips a low scoff. He smells about as apart of Blackfeather Woods as Kahlil himself and the domineering thespian will not tolerate such arrogant displays that he intends to hold no mind to. Two can easily play at that game and here he bears no blood to this boy and he just as it appears the other will not cease to attempt to assert himself neither with Kahlil.

The scent of Nyx, his caretaker, lays heavy upon the pelt of the one he would know as Neo and for reasons unknown to him this creatures a miasma of things within Kahlil. Envy, possessiveness, all furthering his want to assert himself. Lips curl back from his teeth as the young aspiring warrior pulls himself up to his full height in response, tail lashing and rising over his own back, longer tendrils of fur at his developing mane bristling. The appearance of a second boy — a moonbeam silver like The Stranger causes milky gaze star bursting with frigid glacial blue spares him a look as the older boy makes venomous demand. Is he to be outnumbered? Or has he found an unlikely ally in a stranger? Are they three odds each out for their own self none backing down? The last seems more likely than the previous, questions that came and went just as quickly. “Kahlil,” He issues his name in a low, rasping tone, still too youthful to hold the honeyed depth of whisky steeped in smoke that puberty will bring him. “— ward of the Speaker Nyx.” He informs both boys as he shifts his position so he can better keep both of them in view, muscles tensing along his hefty body as he prepares for the chords of tension that spark and hold in a triangle among them to snap; the result of such snap yet unknown to him but the aspiring warrior (so very close to holding the trade) is ready to hold his own and prove that he will not and cannot be pushed around. He will tear into, hold his ground and refuse subserviency until he draws his last breath, if that is what it takes.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
The stranger did not submit, did not even return the greeting from Neo. He decided then that he was not a fan of the snow-pelted boy. But, who knows, perhaps they would find something in common with each other in the future. Or, maybe not, and this was just another wolf that he could dislike. It seemed he did not like many - only some could be tolerated, others he simply could not bear, like Hydra. 

The Svartell child narrowed his eyes, resisting the urge to just attack and show the other who he really was, but then came a second urge, which he responded to. He would not simply fight, no, he would assert his dominance without overreacting and without acting childish. He considered himself higher than this boy, so he would show it in other ways that he could find. Though, if it came down to it, he would not back out of a spar. A challenge.

The two, however, were not left alone long enough for anything to happen. Another youngster made themselves known, one who carried the distinct scent of the Blackfeather wolves. Now this one, he had been here longer, and just generally seemed older, so Neo did not raise himself higher than them, but kept his stance clearly above the other, the white furred child. That one spoke, introducing himself as Kahlil. It did not interest him, but then he spoke of Nyx. Neo raised a brow, turning back to look at the second boy who had arrived. "I am Neo. The Speaker brought me here." The starborn gave a small nod of his head, both a greeting and acknowledgement that this boy had been here before both he and Kahlil. Still, his eyes shifted between the two, often landing on Kahlil with a certain distaste. His caretaker, the one who brought him to the depths of this dark woods, surely could not have brought another?
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
The corner of his maw quirks, visible indication of annoyance as the other speaks, but his eyes remain distant in away that counteracts the other's daring and incorrect sense of entitlement with a level-headed maturity, as if staring into a fire; unblinking. Try as he might, the other will never be apart of the dark woods; not truly. He does not know the land, the darkest parts of its surface, the secrets it holds and the nature of those within. This Kahlil is a forgiener, forever isolated against those true to its bearings, for the difference between the two is something undeniable; Vaati is true to the blood of the forest. Kahlil is a castaway, a puppet under the guidence of a madwoman. Vaati has no need to be threatened, not by something that will never surpass him. "Do you expect me to be impressed?" He muses with an undertone of mockery; belittling the other's batant display of self-superiority with amusement. Vaati does not need to justify his standing within the pack as the other needs to; Vaati belongs here, he was born here, he is from the blood of the Night Mother herself; this is his home.

After moments of staring does he chide, unable to stop himself from pushing further into the consious of the other, drilling what little, useful forwarnings he can offer. "If I were you, I would not make the mistake of believing you belong here." His gaze, this time, is shared between the two, for Vaati takes no allies. He does not need them. "This woods belongs to my siblings and I... you are experiments." And he says so with a truth that is undeniable; wether or not the two fools choose to believe him is not his concern. In a woods full of spies, killers, trained in the art of decpetion, it is pure idiocity to trust anyone, not even those who you may lead you to believe are on your side. It is their job, Vaati has come to understand, and he is wary of even his family.. and rightfully so. His personal distaste for Kahlil and overal lack of concern of the one who calls himself  Neo does not take effect in this; they will not survive with their false senses of superiority and strength, In the dark woods, they are reduced to nothing. They are no one but pawns in a greater scheme. Clavicus has no reason to be threatened, but the others who have fallen so easily into a web of pure lies, they do.

1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
There is something that Kahlil finds intensely interesting about the fact that the oldest of the boys chooses him to zero his plight upon seemingly rather unconcerned by Neo. Perhaps it is because Kahlil is the youngest but there is a nagging suspicion that says that plays little to no part. The older boy’s speech seems to be, for the most part, directed at him despite how Neo swaggers about with exaggerated dominance… that is enough to cause the viper to roll his eyes. “No,” Kahlil replies with a soft, throaty chuckle and a wicked smirk across his muzzle as glacial gaze slides to Vaati (though he is yet unnamed to the Speaker’s boys). Such challenges do not scare Kahlil, the press of Neo’s dominance and Vaati’s superiority complex — both to rival his own as unfortunate as that is — is not a burden to spinesplitter. If anything it only furthers his drive. Though there are numerous words in his vocabulary all eloquent and artfully crafted, that they can charm, beguile and deceive he knows that they can remain hollow and empty. When Kahlil speaks his actions will back up his words and he has every intention of turning his tenacity towards what he can become here. He is tundrian and he will twist these beginnings of rivalries — and oh how he itches for them! — to his advantage; sure as he is that such is not the desired effect the other boys were, perhaps, hoping for.

They do not know him. They cannot know that attempting to push him into the dirt (metaphorically or literally speaking) will simply cause him to rise, to fight stronger and harder. And he will succeed here. He will become a son of Blackfeather Woods through tenacity, hard work and devotion. He will make the eldest boy eat his words, of this Kahlil is incorrigibly determined.

“Whether you like it or not I’m here,” For Kahlil will not speak for Neo. “and I’m not going anywhere. Perhaps I don’t belong here yet,” Kahlil acknowledges with a small rise of his muzzle, offering a slight pause in words as he glances from boy to boy, sizing them both up. “but I will.” At all and any cost. As for the experiment comment Kahlil does not ignore it for it is not in his nature to ignore a threat but he does not let it rile him because he would like to see the boy try; thus he chooses silence as his response, narrowing his eyes at the other boys.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
The one who arrived the latest, the silver furred one, seemed to focus most of his attention on Khalil, which although he was slightly curious about, it did not interest him much. Neo watched as the youngest of the three obtains a wicked smirk and replies with a clear disinterest - or perhaps it was just plain dislike. The Spiderling observed, gaining what little information he could from the short conversation. Vaati (though he did not know this name) was untrustworthy and a clear enemy for now.

The attention on the silver boy is shifted between the two newer youngsters, now, and Neo does not back away. The words, they were all meaningless. What could words do, that actions could not? If this boy did not believe that he belonged here, then he must prove it or Neo will take no notice. As for the comment about being experiments, he, like Kahlil, did not respond directly to it. He did not ignore it, for that was something only a fool would do, but he did not retaliate. Instead he watched Vaati for a moment more, listening as the other new spiderling spoke. Couldn't have put it better myself. "I would not underestimate those you do not know." He put it simply, cool gaze shifting to Kahlil again before focusing back on Vaati. He said nothing more, having no need for any more speech. Words, as per usual, were worthless. This whole conversation was a meaningless ordeal - no good would come of it.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
It is evidently clear that the two believe themselves to be beyond what they are, in reality, capable of. They both boast brawn they do not have, power they do not hold, gathering an ego so large all in the span of the few meger days they have spent within the dark woods. Clavicus sees this, and he is discontent. It is a disrespect shown that cannot be forgiven; their presence alone is something of a disgrace to what will become the legacy of the Eternal Queen. The legacy of what his family built. His optics narrow a fraction as he listens to their appeals, a glare settling on to hs features, boreing into the others with a similar threat within his eyes. They stand to oppose him, but they trifle with something they do not know the severity of. He too is a weapon in his own nature, a python with a creed of his own devisement: self-preservation. They infringe upon this moral code, and yes, he feels threatened in a way that cannot be overcome. "Yes, that is true," Vaati agrees, once the older of the two says his piece, recognising Clavicus does not play on teams. But it is the quirk of his lip that signals something other than agreement, something whole-heartedly cruel and bare-boned. His eyes narrow, a hiss upon his lip. "I would not underestimate me either." Not so long after does he take his leave, foreshadowing remarks left to linger on their minds. It is a promise, a swear on all that he knows. Kahlil may prove to become something of significance, but Clavicus will be his reckoning. Unlike the belief of Neo, Vaati finds this conversation to mean much more; the begining of something great but equally terrible. It is the promise of a threat that will span many moons, and ultimately claim man worth the graces of the dark council; he is ready.

exit vaati btw. thanks for the thread!!
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
i went ahead and made my post a conclusion; thanks for the thread!

Kahlil was finding this conversation a bit redundant. They could keep going round and round like this and never stop metaphorically circling one another. The tension is palpable between the three of them. None of them are willing to back down, none of them are willing to surrender; that is the way of their natures and unfortunate as it will likely come to be it is just the way it is. They will either adapt or they will tear one another apart. While Kahl is not so quick to turn blind eye to Neo and pretend like he doesn’t pose his own rivalry the tundrian very much feels that Vaati will prove himself to be his bigger adversary. Regardless of personal feelings towards one another Neo and him share a caretaker and that will force them to be civil to the point where it may, actually, be a genuine thing. Kahlil isn’t afraid of Vaati or Neo, nor the competition either of the older boys may bring. He welcomes it. Nothing is fun in life without competition to help stoke the fires. It will force Kahl to train harder both mentally and physically. The rivalries will push him to the very edges of his limits and then over them. It is not in his blood to surrender and so he will do whatever it takes to not just survive but to become the superior spiderling. He watches as Vaati takes his leave and after he is sure the moonbeam and sand colored boy is gone, Kahlil turns his gaze to Neo in full. “I am going to find Nyx.” He announces, letting it open (quite begrudgingly at that) for Neo to join him or do his own thing.

Kahl doesn’t wait for the other boy’s answer as he latches onto The Speaker’s scent and follows it until he comes across her.