Blackfeather Woods the song you sing is wretched and cold
11 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Joining 

And so the trickster did what he does best and fooled his way to the border.

The stench of blood and murder was sucked into his nostrils where it sat for a moment, his mind marinating in its glory. The Jester had never been a fan of life; it was death that intrigued him. Thus, it only made sense that he would find himself on the borders of leaders with obviously similar tastes. He licked his chops as he stepped slowly to this side and that, putting on a sort of show for his coming audience. His audience; of course! The Jester lifted his head and called for a crowd, hoping that they might be entertained by his light prance and intriguingly frank candor. 

There had been many days preceding this in which he had gone without eating, having had to survive on the only skill he had ever learned while growing up: comedy. He would charm young wolves into fetching him food from their caches, or scavenging from what he could before the rightful owners of the prey came and left their marks. Yes; The Jester learned quickly that when one was in need, hilarity seemed to lose its worth. Still, he continued with his song, looking onward with a devilish grin as he awaited company.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

She had not expected visitors; even Rannoch and his wolves she had misled about where they resided. Surely none would dare to tread closer. Then again, if her two little wards had not shown fear for her home, then who was to say an adult did not gag at the mere sight of entrails and blood splattered across the border? But the howl rang clear as day, awakening the Speaker with a jerk of her head. Slowly did she stand up, covering both wards with some warm bedding and a fluttering kiss that would feel like butterfly wings grazing their heads and went on her way. She wondered if Damien would accompany her upon the border, since she had yet to learn to accept strangers - not as in the pack, but in her heart.

She crept from out the shadows, speckled, drowsy yet noble and with an air of dominance about her. The woman (or was it a man? honestly, you never knew these days) that had showed up was not exactly a picture of importance and grace. With one glance did Nyx spot the bewildered state she was in, as if she had returned from a great battle with nothing more than her sanity. At least, if that hadn't been lost as well. Nyx's mismatched eyes glared judgingly at the stranger, waiting silently for an explanation.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
11 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The Jester stopped his pacing with an immediate jolt as a young woman floated in from the shadows. She was a peculiar thing with eyes that managed to entrance her guest, if even for a moment. His devilish smile fell giving his face a flat expression, before slowly finding its way back onto his maw. The Jester did a small two-step, gallantly exposing the sickly nature of his frame as he examined the dark woman before him. I am The Jester, he announced, voice harsh and yet just feminine enough, Your borders called me, I'm afraid.

He dipped his head low and lowered what was left of his clipped ears, finding his tail naturally tucking between his hindlegs, both out of respect and embarassment. The other obviously thought herself to be in a position of power which The Jester found to give him quite the tickle, but he figured that if she wished to play princess, he had no reason not to go along. I do apologize for my evening garments, he said with a short gaze down his own torso, I didn't have much time to prepare.
· Rogue ·
1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 ·
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

She observed him for just a moment; his mess of a frame, his ears (or whatever was left if them) and then back to his face. Her white brows shifted, arranging new constellations upon her forehead, as he spoke. Now she truly wondered if she was talking to a dude or a gal. Hopefully they were no wolves you knew. She said, one brow lowering while the other stayed up.

At least he (or she?) had manners, unlike many she had met. She knew she was a little young to be the Speaker of her very own Master, but they had fought together for their place - and she'd not keep herself from ripping the tongue out of anyone's mouth that dared question their positions. I fear no preparing could fix... that. She frowned rather concernedly. What could you offer us?
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
11 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The words were cold and stung plainly against The Jester's cloak, though he kept his face straight during such crucial moments. He had always been this way; thin, sickly, little to no muscle to speak of. It was both a blessing and a curse in the grand scheme of things; his health sometimes suffered, but his missions always succeeded. The young femme asked of his talents, to which he responded with a slight jig and enveloping grin, only the tips of his teeth visible against the black of his lips. I can be silent when you need; I have a knack for finding my way into places other wolves cannot.

It was his trifling appearance that gave him such leeway. The most ignorant leaders often took pity on him, allowing him into their ranks, where he would use his charisma to find what he needed and escpae before he was missed. Espionage, if you will, though I have found that to be a rather harsh term, don't you agree? The Jester sighed and returned to his submissive stance, though his eyes never fell from the deeply scored pair of his judge.
· Rogue ·
1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 ·
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Nyx took pity on no one; not even on the wolves she had disabled or maimed. Not on the parents of the children she would soon steal. Not on herself, not on her family and not even on Damien. Everyone had some strength in them, so thinking one was nothing was simply giving up and cowardly. Luckily, this Jester knew what he was worth. Even at her insults (though true) had not been taken offense to. How come this pile of bones held more confidence than most on their borders?

Agreed. She said in the same cold tone she used on nearly every stranger. I can see how your... state can help you in the task, but how will you keep our caches full with the help of everyone here? She questioned then. Information simply wouldn't cut it alone; when winter came, they needed food more than anything.
11 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
First impressions were most important! It was the first lesson that The Jester had been taught; when meeting new faces, always look your best. He opened his eyes and gave a toothy grin, exposing the poor, rotting state of his teeth. The constant bile had turned his teeth yellow and weak, though there was little that could be done against it, as most meals left his poor, starving body writhing in pain. As The Jester was suddenly much more concious of himself than he had been only moments before, he closed his mouth and bowed his head. Lovely, he said, seeing as he had already been able to agree with the she-wolf on something. 

I must admit, he cooed, taking a small side step and looking back at the raven-winged femme for approval, I don't have much hunting experience. However, I am an expert thief. His tail curled slowly between his legs and his ears lowered once again as he became concious of himself and his rude behavior. Forgive me, he pleaded with a light sigh, I sometimes forget who I am speaking to. 

But yes, I'm a scavenger. Most of the meals I manage are taken from caches or from kills left in the open. It isn't the most glamorous skill I have, but it has proven to be useful on more than one occasion. That being said, I wouldn't mind learning a new trade, if that's what it takes. In truth, The Jester hated hunting and hoped to whatever gods were listening that he wouldn't have to try his luck at it anytime soon. But he played along, nonetheless, for what was a play without a plot?
· Rogue ·
1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 ·
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Nothing crossed her face as the other commented on that their agreement had filled him with some sort of pleasure. Agreeing on something was rather common - or was it? Just that she could agree with Damien on most things did not mean she could with anyone else. It came as no surprise the thin jester could steal like the ravens as well, and she supposed that was better than nothing. She nodded slightly at his apology. I am afraid you do not. A hint of a smile played upon her lips. It seems I have forgotten to introduce myself. How rude of her. She wondered if Damien would ever forget such a thing. Nyx Apaata - or The Night. I am the Speaker of these woods.

Your skills are better than nothing, but attempting could do you no harm. If you want, I can take you on a hunt sometime... She hinted already that, if the jester wanted, he could come in to see his new home. He had proved to be nothing like other strangers, and she supposed that if he were to disappoint her in the future she could always sent him away.
11 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The Night, The Jester repeated, Like a nightingale, one thinks. Though, you resemble the Euphagus more closely. He looked her over once, then twice, before giving a sly smile, However, your voice is melodic like that of a songbird. Yes, yes, that will do just fine. He gave another weak attempt at a bow (no matter how hard he tried, the poor thing could never quite master the dapper demeanor he so longed for) and nodded to Nyx with the thought that a hunt would do no harm to either of them. No, no harm at all. 

It would be my pleasure, but I do think it would benefit us both if I could freshen up before our next outing. There was something mad about The Jester's appearance; his nose and ears twitched with every change in scenery, and his eyes were never quite in sync with one another, but despite this, Nyx had managed to tolerate him and even invite him into her land. Maybe she was just being nice, he thought, and with a suddenly sullen expression, The Jester lowered his head and began to walk beyond the border.
· Rogue ·
1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 ·
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
That is a nice take on it, thank you. She answered to what she thought to be a compliment. She knew she did not have a bad voice, far from it, but to find it like one of a bird? Surely it was meant to be a positive thing.

Of course, feel free to do so. I would give you a small tour of the place, but I think you better figure it out on your own. That way you can memorise better. She said sweetly. She really wasn't being lazy with this one; she just knew the jester would get lost or something trying to get somewhere she had already showed. She turned and walked a bit back into the woods, ready to answer questions the other may have.