Stavanger Bay stars fall from my mouth tears my eyes can't carry
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
Although the dark Ostrega had no real destination in mind, somehow, even a homebody like him had begun to find a sort of routine out here roving the Wilds. Things had fallen into place far better than before and morale certainly improved with the addition of a companion to his days. He didn't feel quite so lost, even if he'd definitely never been here before, and when all else failed, she was a familiar face to take a bit of solace with; he wasn't entirely, bitterly alone anymore.

Today was no different than yesterday, in essence. He had splintered off, as usual, to track around and try to hunt. Even when he wasn't as successful as he could be, the act of working his mind and body towards the single goal of food was what he needed to keep going. After all, on his best attempts, it brought a meal. If not that, at least he was doing what he liked--so he kept it up whenever he could and sometime early in the evening, success was his in the shape of a rabbit. Nothing too special, but he knew to take whatever he could get.

With nothing else motivating him on a trail, and a limp carcass in his jaws, he began to track Qilaq instead to see where she had gone to. He made pretty good time, at least until it got closer to the coastline itself. He was not nearly as comfortable as she is on the beach turf, but he tried his best, and pressed onward until he could spot a dark silhouette and a telltale scent to match--thankfully.

Yet here in the relative open with the nearby sea and the skies so vast overhead, he could not decide what to make of the lightshow, and realized she was coming at him too all at once..! His tail whipped and he dropped the rabbit when they were close, so he could yap a nonsensical (but relieved) greeting at her. She didn't look worried about the sky. Quite the opposite really, but he couldn't help himself in the face of so much mystery. His tail kept going, though. "Hey!" he panted, glancing back to the rabbit laying the sand to make sure where it had fallen. "What is..?" Any and all of this, as he looked all around, up and down just to start sorting this out.
Messages In This Thread
RE: stars fall from my mouth tears my eyes can't carry - by Silas - July 05, 2017, 12:51 AM