Stone Circle you go and slam it on me
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

her words she rehearsed inside her head, her steps growing a touch slower as she approached Easthollow. she wasn't sure what had made her want to bring the message to @Sunny, the message from her father ringing in her ears. " be kind"  perhaps the pups, the three tiny brothers and sisters that had yet to hate and likely never would, at least each other. they would be close, she predicted, afforded a single home and a close-knit family. and yet, it seemed a hopeless goal for herself and Sunny. 

she huffed at the borders, pushing aside her irritation and letting a melodic, specific call fall from her muzzle. there was something else, too, something that meant that this was the last time she - and the rest of Morningside - would see Sunny for a long while. words swirled behind her tongue, and her stance was as neutral as she could allow, almost, yet not quite, friendly. she couldn't manage that quite yet.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It was hot outside and Sunny had taken a dip in a nearby stream. He had just climbed onto the banks when the call for him specifically sounded. His ears flicked and he knew it was Dawn. Remaining sitting he thought about not answering the call at all,he was still bitter about the words she had shouted at him while he walked away. Finally he stood up and walked toward the borders slowly, knowing that leaving her hanging was rude and also feeling curious as to why she called him there.

When he arrived he gave a stiff chuff of greeting,his eyes wary as he moved closer and sat down behind the borders. Unsure what to say he simply looked at her for a few moments before dipping his head "Dawn...what's up?" He asked finally allowing the curiousity to get the better of him. His ears were positioned forward the only sign that he was on guard in this moment.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

it had been more than a month since the girl had last seen him, and yet again he was different. she eyed him, oddly not feeling the bite of rage. perhaps, she reasoned, she was tired of the constant anger towards him. she did not return her brother's quick greeting, instead getting straight to the point. "I thought you should know. Da's taken another mate."  she paused, unsure if he knew this already. she didn't think so, as Da had never brought it up. " Her name's Khoe, and their pups were born a couple days ago."  she finished, gaze settled on him, even though he had brought this on himself, Dawn briefly wondered what it would be like to watch your family changing, growing, from the outside. she held back on the second piece of news, for now, merely watching him candidly.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
His greeting was not returned but he felt grateful that they skipped the civilities. He knew things were not good between them so why even bother? He was tired of the anger,bitterness,and biting comments that they shared and realized all he felt in this moment was numb. The news was surprising to him however, and he sat back farther on his haunches. He was silent as he processed this information. Why hadn't dad told him? Didn't he deserve to know this information? Once again he felt the stab of hurt that burned within him. Nodding slowly he forced a grin onto his maw "that's great! I'm happy for you all, really." He struggled to keep the pain from his voice but it clearly showed in his eyes.

unable to hold back the rest of what he wanted to say he spoke again "they're lucky to have you. A strong,older sister who can show them a good time" he felt the smile turn genuine for a moment before he cleared his throat and felt it slip from his maw. "Will...will I be able to see them?" He asked nervously. The fact that he wasnt told by his father clearly said -wraps at least sunny felt it did- that he wasn't wanted to know or be a part of the growing family, so he doubted the answer would be yes. Yet he wanted to ask and find out for himself if he would be able to see his new half siblings.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she did not miss the hurt that showed in her gaze. she did not know him, not really, not as she knew her packmates. but she knew that emotion, had felt it herself. "no, you're not" she began, and her tone was not unkind. "you hurt, like I did, at first."  there was an odd pressure inside her chest, the anger she felt battling with the slightest twinge of sympathy she felt for her brother. 

her brow raised, and she grinned halfheartedly. "no. they're lucky to have family. a mother who won't abandon them, and land that won't divide them." she offered, adding a moment later, " maybe it'll be up to me to make sure they don't make the same stupid mistakes we did." because they had, truly, both committed their own failings, in different ways. perhaps she may think that Sunny's were the worst, yet she was hardly a saint. 

her brow furrowed once more, and she sighed, tail flicking at her haunches. " I don't know. That's the other thing I came to tell you; we're moving. I don't know where to, or how far."  perhaps Sunny was happiest away from his family, preferring to anchor himself to a certain swathe of trees, but she knew that the Morningsiders were hardly inclined to stay in the same place for too long.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She had caught onto him quickly much to his chagrin, and he gave a sheepish flick of his tail avoiding her gaze. She quickly moved onto the next topic, and he felt relieved to see her smile at him albeiit not as brightly as he would have liked to see. There was a hint of the sister he had loved so dearly and deep insiide always would. "You'll do fine and thhey will look up to you." he reassured her confidently.

He was not prepared for what she said next, and felt his heart sink into his belly. Morningside was moving away? That meant he wouldn't see Dawn or his father, or his newborn siblings possibly for a very long time. His mouth opened but no words came out, his muzzle wrinkling as he felt his chest tighten. He felt angry and Sad all at once, how could his father send Dawn to be the one to tell him? Why couldn't he have come to say goodbye himself? Did his father truly hate him that much? "Thank you for telling me Dawn...I assume you're going wiith them?" he asked her in a hushed voice. It was easy to tell he felt distressed by the fact hiis family was moving away, and once again he felt like a vulnerable pup. What if he never saw them again?