Wheeling Gull Isle can't touch it with your two hands, can't find it with your third eye
\\ || //
151 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 

If Komodo were at the borders of Undersea’s divine province, it was for one reason and one reason only — to stare out at the endless, rolling sea and ponder its wisdom. It was clear to the angakkuq that the ocean was the tool of the gods; perhaps not the gods per se, as Axolotl believed, but a means to interpret their instructions. They spoke through the waters [spoke loudly and clearly, as the maelstrom had evinced] and Komodo listened; attempting to scry what he could from the echoes of the crashing waves upon the hollowed sands.

But that day, Komodo traced the outline of the beach for another purpose. Instead of questioning the universe’s divine intents, he traipsed along the water’s edge, marked the sands every feet meters and then kicked the sands to cascade his own scent across the beach. It was likely about time the brute had assumed some of these duties, as he had relied quite heavily upon the masked atlantian to attend to such pursuits. The man seemed to like the task, after all. In fact, part of what drove the man to tend to the borders that day was to seek out Axolotl himself. Since the clan’s meeting upon the beach, the energy between than had been…. curious, to say the least. As one of the new wolves that Komodo knew from their prior existence, the mottled bruise was eager to settle this upset.

Komodo continued his trek down the beach, his fireblight gaze combing the sands for the very male who seemed so at home upon them.
night clubs & night stalkers
fast women, fast talkers
loose lips, loose limbs
the lovely loveless

l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
tagging for reference!

When Axolotl is not spending time with @Maera he is tending to duties that he feels befalls that of a leader. He does this without complaint and of his own free will but it is not to be mistaken that he does it for another — he does it for Undersea and he does it for himself just as much. For how much, or perhaps how little it is worth he believes he has as much claim to the yet undetermined title of Alpha as Komodo. Before, Axolotl had never thought that an Atlantian could even hold a title beyond that which They bestowed upon Their faithful servants. Atlantian was a title, it was a profession, it was a religion, a way of life. It was all of these things and yet Atlan does not grow angry or perturbed at his newfound desires — desires that he has confessed to Maera to explain his absence at the meeting. He has placed his mark upon the soil, the first to map out and mark the borders and thus he has placed his own claim upon Wheeling Gull Isle and it is not a claim that he will relent.

Thus the question hangs heavy in the air: what is to become of him and Earthstalker? Are they to duel to their deaths? That hardly seems appropriate of men as religious as they. Though, admittedly, his title as Shaman is succeeded by Warrior and for good reason. He thinks of Coelacanth and wonders how she would feel to see their blood spilled upon the sands. There exists, despite her changes, still a platonic love between them: granddaughter of Riptide Corten and the small boy that Riptide Corten (and Tarnish) has saved. “So you’ve come to aid me in claiming,” Axolotl offers Komodo in greeting as the man comes into his view, kicking up sand. “Sand shifts you know and when the tide rises high it will wash away all your work if the sands don’t shift and cover it before that,” He gestures with his muzzle. “It is better to mark upon solid soil, where earth and sand meld into one another.”

He lifts his own leg to leave his own mark though he chooses solid soil. His glacial gaze finds Komodo and decides that the best course of action is to be upfront about it. Atlan did not teach him to hide and hiding is not something The Leviathan has any intentions of doing. “You are not the only one who stands candidate for leadership, you know,” Axolotl speaks assuming it is better to get everything out in the open and lay it all upon the table. “I have worked just as hard, just as tirelessly as you to ensure that borders are made and marked, that these wolves have food. That they are safe. I have even recruited,” though Maera was, admittedly, a happy accident.

“And it is painfully obvious to me that we need a leader,” Or else this tension would never vanish. If it is not he and Komodo in competition it will be others. “or leaders.” Violence will not solve this issue but instead create more. The way that Axolotl sees it: they could lead together. Combine their forces as the reigning Alphas and unify. He offers an olive branch, with desire to see the tension between them fade. What Komodo does with it is wholly up to him, now.
she spoke to the king in me
and slept with the beast
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Life on the island has been less than ideal but she’d fallen into a routine. Anatha and King keep her company most days. Calypso has been gone for some time, with no trace on the island that she’s been able to locate. Eventually, her search for the other girl has come to a close even though it does not hold morale on keeping the others safe. Anatha is big enough to more or less care for herself but she sees Dawn in her at times. They look drastically different but their ages are similar and she finds herself caring for her all the same. The connection with this girl is drastically different than that of the other girl and she does not think of Grayday every time she looks at her.

Nor does the man leave her mind easily.

With a heavy sigh, Cascada finds herself on the coast of the island, listening to the water on one side and the wind roar around her. Sometimes it goes quiet and still and she can hear herself think but it eventually whips back up.

She cringes against the wind when it comes around again, only to open her gaze to see two familiar forms ahead of her. She doesn’t know much about either of them but she knows their stance on the island, as whatever unorganized pack they’ve managed to create for themselves. It has not been easy to adjust to their new way of life, wishing to find something far more concrete than this mess of a group can give her.

And it is painfully obvious to me that we need a leader, or leaders.

Her ears droop back against her head briefly but she swivels them forward, chuffing softly upon her approach.

“You cannot decide that without everyone that is staying,” she tells Axolotl with scrutiny. He hadn’t been there the day they’d all come together when Komodo made the call and as far as she is concerned, he is in no position to make any claims for power.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
\\ || //
151 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It would seem that the seawolf had been pondering the very same questions, as he did not waste any time in getting to the point of their visit. In greeting, the man offers advice to scent the soils rather than the sands. It was a worthwhile suggestion, and would save Komodo many hours of frustration in the end, but it was difficult not to think of Axolotl as a young man advising his elder. Though he was only one year Komodo’s junior, there was a sense of naivety about him that was difficult to place — but he felt this way about most men younger and less-traveled than he. Most were hot-headed and volatile, with delusions of grandeur; and while the earthstalker did not believe this to be Axolotl’s fatal flaw, he surely did not know the man well enough to nix the idea entirely.

An appreciative grunt was offered to Axolotl as he spoke, and Komodo made to follow suit is leaving his scent upon the unmovable earth; but for all intents and purposes, the man remained silent and let Axolotl state his peace. It was clear that his intentions were amicable, and his request was intriguing. It was not an idea he hadn't entertained before. The brute rolled his tongue against the roof of his mouth, organizing his thoughts and preparing to speak, but he was silenced by an interjection from Cascada. Fortunately, the woman’s thinking reflected his own.

Komodo gave a distinct nod to act as greeting and confirmation before choosing to speak. “Perhaps ah’ve made too many assumptions,” the man burred, not one to be an overestimate his abilities. In fact, Komodo never desired leadership but felt an obligation to assume the position when no other had done so. It should not be a surprise to Axolotl that this would be the outcome of his elective absence. “But, if’n’y’wish to lead, y’must act as a leader would — you were the one who did not answer the summons. You are the one they do not know.” The stormborn wolves needed attentive guidance, not one who stuck to the shadows and outskirts. “Pray tell, what’re the names of the others? How do they wish to serve the pack?” Perhaps Komodo was too harsh, especially in front of another pack member, but mental strength just as much a duty to the people was physical strength — and this was a requirement Komodo could not renege. Perhaps it wasn’t Komodo’s place to pass judgement upon the brooding Atlantian, who was a man in his own right and not entirely deserving of such a critique… but if Axolotl was capable of such understanding, then perhaps they could, indeed, share Undersea’s throne. With a clearing of the throat and a tightening of his gaze, the man continued.

“But if keepin’ up a public image ain’t yer cup of tea, perhaps we could all figure somethin’ out.”

Komodo sighed and rolled his shoulders, meeting Axolotl’s pelagic gaze. “Y’know the seas better than I could.” he acquiesced, not to seem entirely a braggart. “ ’n I couldn’t imagine taking this on alone, not when there’s someone interested in helping to shoulder the burden.” At this, his questioning gaze bounced from Cascada, to Axolotl, to Cascada again — she, too, had taken on many burdens for the sake of the group. If they were handing out titles, perhaps she was to be considered as well. He had always been a democratic man, anyways. “…but there is more to the task than a healthy sense of pride.”
fast women, fast talkers
loose lips, loose limbs
the lovely loveless

l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
The Atlanian had worked, driven by, unknowingly, the same sense of duty that had gripped Komodo. And he recoiled back as his offer is thrown to the sands beneath their feet. His glacial gaze hardens and like the stir of the sea before the storm The Leviathan feels his blood boil beneath his skin. So he called a get together …and suddenly that made him Alpha material? Meanwhile, The Leviathan did the grueling work: the hours of pissing and mapping and marking scents. He did not like the acidic feeling that has come into his mouth, and his head whips, suddenly, in the direction of the girl — where did she come from? — as she speaks out against him. He holds the biting retort back, his skin itching. Atlan had given him many gifts over the years and Their unpredictable temperament remained one of them. “because I do not support your sole claim, as showing up would have inevitably done,” Axolotl spoke truthfully, laying his thoughts out without hesitation. “besides, the borders needed marked, a job that if you seek to be leader should have befallen to you but instead you left willing to me.” The Leviathan would not be Komodo’s lackey: good for doing all the muscle work but not worthy to at least stand by his side. That hardly seemed fair and Axolotl did not handle being taken advantage of very well at all.

“Was I not the one that offered my shelter to them? That led them to safety through the storm? Are my efforts so easily tossed aside simply because they do not know me as well as they know you and vice versa? Is there not plenty of time for learning?” Axolotl’s lips twitch but he steels his shoulders and bears the weight of Komodo’s harshness upon him. If he is to be denied he sorely wishes he could take back everything he’d done for them. Unfortunate as it is, what he has done cannot be undone but he is not without another path. He does not want to leave, nor does he want to have to say goodbye to Coelacanth but if Komodo and the girl before him and all the others would not see him share in leadership then he has no reason to stay. What Maera decides to do is up to her. “Perhaps I have gone about it the wrong way,” To his surprise, Axolotl admits because he won’t go down without a fight, at the very least.“We Atlantians are an reclusive bunch.” and his stance had gotten his point across even if it backfires in his face now.

Axolotl’s teeth grit: he does not enjoy being reprimanded as if he is a child by a man who is only a measly year older than him. He is no child. If he seeks to be a leader then he knows he must better control his temperament. He does not have the sovereign immunity of the Sea, after all. It does not fall out of The Leviathan’s notice that Komodo spares a glimpse at the girl. “Three heads are better than two and better yet than one,” Axolotl speaks. “Perhaps a court is better yet than a single or pair.” There was more than two leadership positions, after all and did it not make sense that each leader had their own niche? Each that they were better at than the other, did they not?
and slept with the beast
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Axolotl does not respond right away when she speaks up. Instead, Komodo speaks of things she must have missed before arriving and she tries to piece together the information based on his words. She’d already confronted him about not being at the beach the day Komodo called and her own opinions already formed for the both of them. If he does not have the companionship to be with the other wolves, who is he to lead? She does not have to bring it up as Komodo manages to put him on the line as if he committed a crime.

It is Komodo’s weighted glance to her that she feels a weird sense of duty. She narrows her bright green eyes with a flash on confusion behind them, trying to decipher the meaning behind it. She does not have long to linger on the thought when the other speaks up, announcing he does not support Komodo in his decision.

If he had not supported Komodo as a leader, staying in the background is a poor way to show it. He had not put his face out there, had not offered an ounce of help, and then makes claims of all his efforts. Her jaw tightens, trying to determine what she should say but she decides against it, but it surprises her when Axolotl brings up a compromise for the three of them but at this rate, she isn’t entirely sure how smooth a leadership with both of them will play out. “We cannot make this decision without the rest of the wolves here,” she reiterates. If she hadn’t happened upon them and they’d taken lead without her, she knows she’d have high tailed off the island on the next ferry. “With that said, I am not opposed to us working together should the others agree. As long as you guys can end your pissing contest now before it gets out of hand.”
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
\\ || //
151 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
I am sorry for the long wait ;___;

Axolotl rebuffed his  critiques — this was not a surprise to Komodo, given his recent backfiring against simple acts that had since been deemed assumptive. The brute stood still as he listened to the man, drew in every word and committing it to memory, knowing that if he and Axolotl were to coexist, Komodo must cater [somewhat] to the Atlantian’s volatility. He needed to know Axolotl, and Axolotl was not making it much too easy. The man glanced once more at Cascada, hoping to glean her thoughts on this interaction from her facial expressions.

Combined leadership. Now there was an idea that appealed to Komodo.  He had never pictured himself as the head of a group of wolves — he was the earthstalker, after all — but the universe saw fit to place him here. He was no more experienced at this than any of the other stormborn wolves, but he was uncharacteristically enchanted with the thought of it. Even more uncharacteristically, he welcomed the help. 

Komodo smoothed the pricking pelt along his spine, as it had awakened in his chastisement. His unwavering, guided gaze held Axolotl’s.  “Aye — there’s time for learning still. Ah’must learn too. I don’t think any of us were ready for… this.” It was a rare moment of vulnerability, when the man let other glimpse his insecurities. He hoped it would be appreciated. None of them were perfect.

“That’s an idea… a savvy idea; but a house divided against itself cannot stand.”

It was a phrase that Komodo had heard many times before, but was extremely true at that moment; in this situation. He felt the need to elaborate. “I will not be undermined by a man who’s greener than grass.” Again, Komodo was not sure where he got this idea from — the idea that Axolotl was somehow much younger and more inexperienced than he — but it was an idea he held about most wolves he encounter. Many were soft and bent under pressure; the health and wellness of the pack as a whole could not be sacrificed to one wolf's inflated intentions. “ ‘long as Axolotl can concede his egotism to th’greater good,”  Komodo huffed. He needed to concede his pride as well. “then I can serve alongside yuh. Both uh’yuh.”
fast women, fast talkers
loose lips, loose limbs
the lovely loveless

l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
@Coelacanth, @Aria, @Maera, @Faeryn, @Constantine, @Dakarai, @Ixchel, @Stockholm — hopefully i tagged everyone!

The leviathan’s glacial gaze moves to rest upon Komodo with a sharpness and perplexity at being called green; as if he is a young boy just weaned from his mother. “We are of the same age, Earthstalker. I am hardly green.” Axolotl takes insult and lifts himself up, hackles bristling with unbridled annoyance at the man’s wrong assumption. If anyone in their little trio was green it was going to be the girl standing before them: who was clearly the youngest but unlike Komodo he does not state this aloud because she has proven herself, clearly the wisest among them. She is right. They do have a pissing contest, Axolotl thinks, and it seems undetermined to end even now. To assume the leviathan was anything of the sort was a fatal flaw for the man was as unpredictable as the sea he worshipped. His ear twitches with a suddenly urgency to get this over with, figuring that regardless of how he pleads his case the wolves of Undersea will not vote him in. He has considered leaving, already. He has never considered himself a flighty man by any means of the word but the scales do not balance fairly in his direction.

“What of the others that have put themselves forwards as leaders? Maera has informed me that we are not the only three that think ourselves worthy.” So why is it fair that the trio stands here confronting one another as if they are the only three candidates? Had that not been the whole point of the confrontation in the first place? It was one of the few things they had discussed briefly …when they share words, that is. Without further ado, he lifts his head back and releases a long howl, summoning the wolves of Undersea forth. For many more reasons than one this needs to be decided and it must be this day, Axolotl thinks, or they will fail before they have even begun. Anarchy has already descended among them and the longer it is put off in favor of each wolf's own deigns towards leadership the worse it will become.
and slept with the beast
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Many thoughts had been swirling in her mind - pressing, slightly irritating thoughts. They needed a leader soon, she knew, and would willingly offer to step up to that title and do all she could for the group of wolves that had banded together, but it seemed she wasn't the only one thinking that way. Fair enough - they did not know much of her, and she did not know much of them. Perhaps they did not trust certain wolves enough to allow them to lead. That was understandable. Either way, she would still offer her services and work hard to keep things going. After all, she had made up her mind - she was going to stay. See where this wild ride led her, what things she would discover and do, and which wolves she might form friendships with. She had nothing else to do, anyway. Her pack had disbanded - it was no more, so she had no home to return to. Might as well make use of what was here, and help however she could.

The summon broke her from her silent pondering, and honestly she was glad to be able to interact with others rather than wallowing in her own mind. It did not take long to arrive onto the scene - luckily she had been rather close, though not close enough to have heard their shared words. Approaching the three wolves already gathered, Faeryn gave a nod of her head as a greeting along with a smile. She padded closer, sensing that this was going to be an important discussion. Deciding to wait for whoever else might be arriving, Fae remained silent and instead glanced around to see where those others might be. Perhaps this is about leadership. She hoped it was. This was a matter that needed to be sorted, else she felt as though everthing would crumble and they'd fail at bringing the wolves together as a pack.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
Unaware of the discussion that was taking place not far from where she was, Maera continued her idle stroll on the beach, her nose like always, stuck close to the floor in search of something. She walked along the coastline for a while before a little movement in the sand caught her eye. A small crab shuffled at her feet, its claws clickling at the air as it continued to move. The Sveijarn readied herself and as soon as the critter's legs lowered she swooped it in her mouth and delivered a fatal bite that ceased the crab's movements with a crunch!

Then with the red jewel still clutched between her teeth she froze as a very familiar voice issued a summon into the skies. But he wasn't calling for her specifically. He was calling everyone. Was he finally making his move after the meeting Komodo had called for not long ago? Inmediately, Maera remembered the conversation they've had after the meeting was over. 
She remembered too their embrace. 

A shudder climbed up the flame's back as she, with the crab still tightly guarded in her mouth, began to run as fast as her legs could carry her towards the site of the meeting Axololt had just called. She arrived after a few minutes, discovering that she was not the first to arrive but not the last since there were still only few wolves gathered. Komodo and of course Axolotl between them.

With no delay Maera trotted towards Axololt, her nose touching his cheek briefly before the crab fell at their feet with a soft thud. Then, turning towards the others but with her shoulder still pressed against the Corten's body she gave them all a small bark of hello.
[Image: girl_gang.png]
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
Coelacanth might have missed Axolotl’s summons entirely if it was not for @Stockholm. At the precise moment the leviathan’s call struck the air, the diminutive sheepdog plunged her head below surface in pursuit of a fat, tender-fleshed fish for which she had no name. Her sharp little fangs hit their mark and dug in deep as she staggered back, soaking wet to the withers and dizzily triumphant. Her eyes squeezed shut as she allowed her body to move with the wild whipping of the flopping fish; and when at last it ceased its struggling, her Neptune gaze focused on the Gampr with a saucy glimmer of pride. Dropping into a playful bow, she begged him to take it from her — she shook her head, tufted ears flapping audibly, and shimmied back with her hindquarters arched in an exaggerated tilde and her forepaws tracing wriggly spaghetti noodles in the sand — but his golden eyes were solemn.

With the fish still in her mouth, Seelie straightened. She hadn’t heard the call, so she didn’t know which way to turn — and she huddled in the larger wolfdog’s reassuring shadow as he led her in the right direction. When they drew nearer, as had become custom, she took the lead, cutting neatly in front of him without excess rancor or rudeness. It felt natural for her to place herself between Stockholm and the others — she felt strongly that he belonged to her and could not have accepted sharing him the way she shared Komodo, Axolotl, or Ixchel. Too, she was better acquainted with the seawolves; she felt it was her responsibility to ease his way in whatever small way she could. Still, she moved with hesitation as she approached the throng, sidestepping so that her hip brushed faintly against the crest of his collarbone.

The tension in the air was thick and heavy, and Coelacanth paused to collect herself. Her initial instinct was to offer her submission to the two males, and to lay her kill at Cascada’s paws — but her feathered tail tucked with uncertainty as her tufted ears did a fluttering dance upon her gently sloping crown. With the fish still in her mouth, she looked a question at the Three, cerulean eyes unobtrusively meeting each pair of eyes — burnished fire, pleochroic sea glass, and sweet apple — with shy curiosity. Glancing sidelong at Maera and Faeryn, she tipped her head first to one side, then the other, asking without saying a word, “What’s this?”
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
They were summoned once more – a game that Constantine was quickly growing tired of as the wolves of the island seemed to scrabble for purpose and leadership. They were a group of nomads who had come together, but they had not united – and aside from Aria, who, despite telling himself he would distance himself from, Constantine did not have any reason to truly be here.

And yet he was – and he even attended when the wolves were called together. His own pace was filled with purpose, and upon arrival, his fiery eyes swept over those who had come. He instantly plucked out Aria’s new beau – and the other wolf who had come to him on the beach side. There was a certain purpose to this gathering, and the wraith wondered if their time of ‘voting’ had finally arrived – for now, he would wait, and sweeping to his haunches in one fluid motion, the ebony wolf was disappointed to see the missing presence of @Ixchel – and as much as he hated to admit it, Aria as well.
all you have is your fire
\\ || //
151 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Keeping this moving and tagging those who may still want to join :) @Aria @Dakarai @Stockholm
PPing Axolotl’s departure with permission

The Atlantian did not verbally concede his ego to the greater good, but Komodo made the decision to grit his teeth and not ask anything more from the boy — though he vehemently defended himself, saying he was neither a boy nor green. To convince Komodo of that would take a lot of work, but for now, Komodo was comfortable cementing leadership roles and figuring out the details at a later time. Making plans for the future was not a skill that the brute possessed.

Again, Axolotl seemed to overestimate the fragility of the wolves about to be under his rule. He seemed to coddle them and their ambitions, as none had made any further claims to the island’s sea salt throne — but still Axolotl asked after the candidacy of those that gathered. Komodo was a courteous man, but it was clear [at least to him] that none of their other with desire nor had the drive for the title. As far as the earthstalker had seen, there was no other contest.

So the boy called for the others and they amassed quickly, though the number were small. Faeryn and Maera received each a distinct nod of appreciation, but his mouth stay clipped shut lest he repeat himself to other, slower, pack members. Coelacanth arrived, thankfully without her clip-earred guardian — a role Komodo very much thought he had assumed — but still he could not deny the lightness of his heart whenever the serpentine sheepdog was near.

Then Constantine entered the scene and Komodo was suddenly thankful that Aria was not there; for then, the man might have been forced to recognize and greet the dark stranger for the conviviality of it — for Aria’s sake. But alas, after waiting several more moment, no others seemed to arrive and they trio deigned it appropriate to begin addressing the concerns of the masses.

“This pack’s lack ‘uh definitive leadership has g’won long enough. We cannot prosper if we cannot organize.” The mottled brute’s eyes flashed red hot, gazing at the group that gathered and then thrusting his view over his shoulder to see that Cascada stood alone. Axolotl had, apparently, left. Komodo could not make sense of it but needed to immediately temper the ire that flared in his chest — perhaps Axolotl had a reason for his departure, but he had missed too many opportunities. If excuses were made for the Atlantian, then excused could be made for anyone — and Komodo hated excuses. Mentally, he signed and continued.

“W’thought a council’d be a good idea. Me 'n Cascada. Two wolves, 'stead uh'one.” Could Komodo make it any clearer that Axolotl was not a part of this, despite him sounding the call? Perhaps the only thing he could do next was to ask for questions and debate the impacts of this assumption of power — if it could be called that. “What says y'all?”
fast women, fast talkers
loose lips, loose limbs
the lovely loveless

579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He remained unimpressed – Komodo, who the dark wraith attempted to remain neutral to if only to allow Aria to lead the life she seemingly chose when she had forgotten her past one – was quick to simply place himself on what he deemed a council. A frown openly marred the Mayfair’s features, and finally, his pent up frustration of the stagnancy of gathered wolves had surfaced, breaking the stoical mask that usually maintained itself upon his features.

His eyes drifted out to the others, looking to gauge reaction, but he would no longer hold his tongue – suddenly, the thought of following the wolf before him seemed to become the last thing he was willing to do.. Aria or not. He knew nothing of the honeyed woman behind him, either – wondering why he had chosen her instead of Aria.

“No,” he rumbled, his own tone lifting as a flash of his own fire sought to clash with Komodo’s. “Not until you tell everyone what this council represents and what this forming pack will be. Last we gathered, we agreed to a vote,” he drawled, his eyes flashing to the large wolf before him, his own form stiffening as the challenge was displayed. “So who voted for you?”
all you have is your fire
Wild Fauna
Shared Account
105 Posts
Ooc —
Tagged those who were mentioned. Message me with concerns. I will leave this thread up for a week and then it will be archived.

As the others began to arrive, @Stockholm among them, @Cascada seemed to somehow shrink into herself. The point @Constantine presented was a justified one, but the Earthstalker bristled nonetheless — and it wasn’t entirely because of the fiery-eyed Mayfair’s blunt rejoinder. The proposed congress had fallen apart in a matter of minutes. The trio of @Axolotl, Cascada, and @Komodo splintered abruptly into just Cascada and Komodo — and with the green-eyed girl’s sudden and unannounced departure from the group’s umpteenth impromptu meeting, “council” became a moot point.

No one could really be blamed. The Leviathan’s tempestuous temperament was as untamed as his god and the russet-and-cream caretaker was yet hollowed out with troubles unspoken.

Once again, the seawolves unsurprisingly found themselves in a state of ongoing division and dissention. Though neither of them spoke of these things aloud, @Aria’s inclination was to follow Komodo and @Maera’s was ostensibly to support Axolotl. Coelacanth — and by extension, Stockholm — found the idea of a council appealing enough, but when it fell apart before her very eyes, her tufted ears drooped in dismay and uncertainty. She could no more decide between Axolotl and Komodo than she could between Axolotl and @Ixchel. On that note, the calico Tiamat had not even made an appearance here.

Squabbles arose here and there, and although Komodo and Coelacanth made attempts to placate the restless seawolves, they were left with the same amount of uncertainty as before by the time they dispersed to sleep in spaced out pockets of solitude.

posted by coelacanth.