Wheeling Gull Isle can't touch it with your two hands, can't find it with your third eye
l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
The Atlanian had worked, driven by, unknowingly, the same sense of duty that had gripped Komodo. And he recoiled back as his offer is thrown to the sands beneath their feet. His glacial gaze hardens and like the stir of the sea before the storm The Leviathan feels his blood boil beneath his skin. So he called a get together …and suddenly that made him Alpha material? Meanwhile, The Leviathan did the grueling work: the hours of pissing and mapping and marking scents. He did not like the acidic feeling that has come into his mouth, and his head whips, suddenly, in the direction of the girl — where did she come from? — as she speaks out against him. He holds the biting retort back, his skin itching. Atlan had given him many gifts over the years and Their unpredictable temperament remained one of them. “because I do not support your sole claim, as showing up would have inevitably done,” Axolotl spoke truthfully, laying his thoughts out without hesitation. “besides, the borders needed marked, a job that if you seek to be leader should have befallen to you but instead you left willing to me.” The Leviathan would not be Komodo’s lackey: good for doing all the muscle work but not worthy to at least stand by his side. That hardly seemed fair and Axolotl did not handle being taken advantage of very well at all.

“Was I not the one that offered my shelter to them? That led them to safety through the storm? Are my efforts so easily tossed aside simply because they do not know me as well as they know you and vice versa? Is there not plenty of time for learning?” Axolotl’s lips twitch but he steels his shoulders and bears the weight of Komodo’s harshness upon him. If he is to be denied he sorely wishes he could take back everything he’d done for them. Unfortunate as it is, what he has done cannot be undone but he is not without another path. He does not want to leave, nor does he want to have to say goodbye to Coelacanth but if Komodo and the girl before him and all the others would not see him share in leadership then he has no reason to stay. What Maera decides to do is up to her. “Perhaps I have gone about it the wrong way,” To his surprise, Axolotl admits because he won’t go down without a fight, at the very least.“We Atlantians are an reclusive bunch.” and his stance had gotten his point across even if it backfires in his face now.

Axolotl’s teeth grit: he does not enjoy being reprimanded as if he is a child by a man who is only a measly year older than him. He is no child. If he seeks to be a leader then he knows he must better control his temperament. He does not have the sovereign immunity of the Sea, after all. It does not fall out of The Leviathan’s notice that Komodo spares a glimpse at the girl. “Three heads are better than two and better yet than one,” Axolotl speaks. “Perhaps a court is better yet than a single or pair.” There was more than two leadership positions, after all and did it not make sense that each leader had their own niche? Each that they were better at than the other, did they not?
she spoke to the king in me
and slept with the beast
Messages In This Thread
RE: can't touch it with your two hands, can't find it with your third eye - by Axolotl - July 03, 2017, 04:41 AM