Shadow Mountain well I'm going back to sleep
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
I thought I'd go ahead and start? Tell me if the place isn't good :) @Mouse

Phiipa and her sisters were making their way across the mountain range, exploring and enjoying. Phiipa was enjoying it maybe the most, Sophy was nervous and Vinnira was just trying to get somewhere, but Phiipa was taking her sweet time. They were on a particular shady mountain, with dark but vibrant vegetation. Phiipa wondered if any of them would be useful healing herbs, so she stopped to investigate many of them. She was particular happy when by a large oak she found a patch of chives, and she began digging them up.

It didn't occur to her until after she'd dig them up that she probably couldn't take them all the way to wherever they were going.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
im making a really wild wild assumption this is after he is at bramblepoint but before his meeting with rannoch - timelines are hell 

Remi was tired of being alone.
Not that he'd admit it, but he was.
Sure he had run across some nice wolves here and there, but even if he seemed to have a nice chat with the strangers, the conversation always came to an end. Silence always managed a way to sneak back in, leaving Remi, after the proper goodbyes, alone again. 

With his nose close to the ground but his mind clearly somewhere else, for he failed to notice the busy female up ahead, Remi began to approach. Then, as if his brain had just gotten a belated 'you're not alone' message, he stood up, his crystalline eyes quickly finding her with the dug out plants at her feet. With his ears pricked in interest and his tail swaying slowly behind him he chuffed softly to make his presence known though probably she had a better attention span than him and had heard/smelt him coming.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa turned her head quickly when she heard the chuff, for it surprised her greatly. She was pretty sure she was alone, but maybe the smell of chives had clouded her sense. Either way she now had company, and her sunny yellow eyes fell upon a grey furred male, about her age if not younger. She offered him a friendly smile and dip of her head, then trotted towards him curiously. She stopped a little closer to him and took in his scent. Once she felt comfortable with it, she spoke, Hello, my name is Phiipa. You?

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
The girl turned quickly, and Remi's ears flattened, an unspoken apology in case he had startled her or interrupted whatever it was she was doing. Being blissfully ignorant about plants and anything remotely related to them, the girl could tell him pretty much anything and he'd probably believe it.

As the girl approached, Remi's tail too began to wag and innevitably, a smile drew itself across his face as well. "hey Phiipa" he greeted with a nod. She was pretty straight forward, in some of his other encounters exchanging names has almost been the last thing to happen. "im mouse" he barked, his crystalline eyes blinking at her before turning to the plants she'd left behind, "what were you digging?" he asked, motioning with his nose before letting his eyes fall on her again.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The boy needed not apologize to Phiipa, she wasn't angry or frightened. Just a bit startled. He greeted her with a smile and introduced himself as Mouse. He did have Mouse like markings, and he was quite handsome. Phiipa had a soft spot for cuties, and she already found him very cute. She smiled back and dipped her head in greeting. He then asked her what she was digging, and she tore her eyes off of him for a moment to glance at her dug up herbs. She chuckled a little and replied, Chives. I thought I could use it but then I realized I probably couldn't take it with me.

She was much less interested in the plants now that she had company, so she took a couple steps towards him. Do you know anything about healing Mouse? She asked, curiosity brimming in her golden eyes.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
"hmm" he hummed as she named the plants and mused about not being able to carry them, "why not?" he asked, he didn't see what could stop the female from carrying some in her mouth, unless they were poisonous. He though of Berry-Saor and the berries.
Was everything here poisonous?
Nevermind that.

"where are you going?" he asked then, figuring that it was not because of the plants themselves she could not take them but because of the distance or something of the sort. She then began to move away from the chives, a question soon falling from her lips. Remi looked at her with a sheepish smile, his shoulders slumping as he answered. "not a single thing" admitting to one's ignorance wasn't easy, but it was something Remi had learned was easier than boasting about knowledge that just wasn't there.  It had been a hard lesson for him, especially because he had been raised under the 'awknowledging weakness makes you weak' mentality of his father.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Mouse asked Phiipa why she couldn't take the berries with her, and she shrugged. Because I don't want to carry them the whole way. That was the truth. Phiipa was a very hard worker, she took on many strenuous tasks and completed them with vigor. But this... this just didn't seem worth it. Besides, how often would she need to use chives? She knew they helped win blood pressure, but she didn't see herself in a situation where that could be helpful anytime soon. Hopefully at least. 

The other male asked where Phiipa was going, and she smiled softly, No idea. My two sisters and I want to start a pack somewhere, but we don't know where yet. We are just traveling for now. She explained. After her question about medicine, Mouse admitted that he didn't know anything about it. She hummed pleasantly and replied, That's alright. Not everyone was meant to be a healer. What do you like to do Mouse? She turned it into a question, her head turned to the side.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
Though simple, her answer was good enough to sate Remi's curiosity about the plants. He gave a soft hum, and looked away from the chives, his eyes settling again on the female's face. As she mentioned her sisters and their desire to start a pack, Remi couldn't hold back the piquing interest that began to show in the center of his crystalline irises. "oh, nice" he barked, also a simple answer.

Phiipa would be the second wolf Remi met that was travelling with siblings. A sudden pang of nostalgia filled the Ostrega's heart as he imagined Tango, Dharma, Karma or any of his siblings out here with him. Then, as another image, an illusion given its impossible nature, filled his mind he felt as if a knife had puntured and twisted into his heart.
He imagined Rilke next to him, answering Phiipa's questions and throwing her own.
She was a curious one -but sometimes Remi wondered if that was more of a curse than a virtue.

"sorry im the wrong guy to talk healing with" he barked with a shrug, just right before she assured him that it was ok. "that was more my sister's area of expertise" he added, not knowing why or how Rilke had again managed to come up during a random conversation.

Luckily, Phiipa switched the focus on their discussion towards him again and after a quick and silent 'pull it together remi' moment inside his head, he answered. "i like to hunt, track things, spar and not gonna lie" he barked with a smile beginning to crease his lips, "but i think i might have a penchant for doing risky things just for the sake of doing them" he finished, his facial expression showing nothing but a mischevious joy. 
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Mouse mentioned a sister, and that interested Phiipa. She loved talking about her siblings, but not everyone did. And being a girl who wanted to know everything, she wanted to ask about Mouse's. Your sister is a healer? She asked, not knowing whether or not this was going to be a touchy subject or not.

Mouse answered her question about what he did like to do, and from what she heard, he liked to do everything but medicine. This made her smile, and she bit her lip to hold in a chuckle. He was pretty funny in her opinion, acting like such a hot shot but he was such a little cutie! Oh, I like doing risky things, but it depends on what they are. What kind of risky things do you do? She said with a bit of a giggle.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
im sorry for the delay and such abrupt ending to this :c
imma archive this now

But his sudden show of joy was short lived. 
As soon as Phiipa's question left her mouth and was left hanging in the air, Remi felt all traces of a smile being wiped off his face. He did not want to talk about Rilke. He couldn't even think of her without feeling the sharp pain of guilt and regret spread through from his chest towards his extremities. Besides, Phiipa's question could not be answered without having to explain the tragedy since it was formulated under the assumption Rilke still walked the earth. 

"no" he barked rather crudely, his ears swiveling back to lay flat agaisnt his skull. The chocolate colored pads of his paws began to itch, a plead from his own body for him to cut this encounter short and leave. Remi shuffled his paws in a lame attempt to hide his discomfort before finally deciding to give in to his internal pleads. "just stuff" he barked with a last shrug of his shoulders before turning around and forcing himself to break into a trot. He didn't look back to Phiipa, and hoped, she would let him go in silence. Remi didn't like being a dick, especially to a girl that had somehow reminded him of Rilke, but maybe it was because of this reminder that he couldn't bring himself to simple be there.