Sleepy Fox Hollow I don't pretend to know
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
if the place doesn't work just let me know @Robin :)

Phiipa walked through the forest with a pleasant smile on her face. This whole adventure was pretty exciting to her. She had slowed down and hung back a little from her sisters to take it slow and enjoy the walk, but she wasn't too far from them. If she needed them she need only call. The forest they were in was nice, but also very smelly. There were clearly foxes all over the place, because every tree reeked of them. She paused at a large maple to squat and pee herself, then covered it up with a few kicks and continued on her way, humming a light tune.

24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
*sneaks*

Despite the loss of her litter, Quip felt all right today. There was a bent tree near the center of the hollow where she liked to lounge and she could be found there today, slim body draped over one of the thick lower boughs so that all four feet dangled lazily, two on either side. The rough bark felt good on her belly and the shade helped her cope with the summer heat. Although at ease, her eyes periodically scanned the surrounding forest and her ears remained always upright, rotating now and then to pick up the various woodland noises.

When the vixen detected footfalls in the distance and coming closer, she pushed upright into a sit and tipped her tapered snout into the air. There was not much wind today and she couldn't capture a scent. Warily, Quip lowered her head between her shoulder blades, head bobbing as she continuously sniffed the air. She finally caught one just moments before a reddish wolf emerged from the underbrush, the sun peeking through the treetops to dapple her pelt.

Quip went very still, hoping to go unseen as the she-wolf passed by.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
@Robin if you still want to thread hop in anytime :D *catches Kat sneakin*

Phiipa didn't smell the fox nearby because, well everything smelled like fox. But she did see it. The sudden movement nearby had caught her eyes, and with a bit of looking she managed to make out the pelt of a small canine. A fox, a resident of this forest. Normally she didn't love foxes, but obviously she was in the foxes home, so she had no right to chase her away. Phiipa stood and watched the small mammal for a moment, then finally broke the silence. I can see you you know. You and I don't have very good pelts to camouflage in the green of summer.

24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
There were few feelings worse than the one she experienced now: a prey animal being spotted by a predator. Every blade of fur on the vixen's body rose as her fight-or-flight mode engaged. She'd had several neutral and even positive encounters with wolves recently but she still didn't trust them as a species.

This one spoke to her, just like the others, and Quip quickly read the situation: the wolf's expression, tone and body language. She didn't appear to be a threat but the fox didn't relax. She didn't run, either, instead returning the canine's gaze speculatively.

After a pregnant pause, she said, "I suppose you're right."
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The fox seemed very skeptical of Phiipa, and with good cause. Phiipa was a wolf, and she could easily kill a small creature such as a fox. But she had no plans to yet, this one did not seem a threat, it was just frightened. There was a pause, and then the fox spoke again. Phiipa nodded, then spoke again, Do you have a name fox? The golden wolf sat down, a signal that she had no intent of harming the other. She bent down and began to preen her chest fur, calm and collected.

24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
When the wolf sat, Quip did the opposite: she rose slowly onto all fours, toes digging into the branch to steady herself. She hesitated again, reassessing the situation, then answered, "I'm called Q." There was no particular reason to keep her given name a secret; it just made her feel the slightest bit safer if she kept some things close to the vest. "What's yours?" she added with a small tilt of her head. She still didn't resume her seat or relax, though there was an openness to her face as she peered down at the larger canine.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa sat down and the fox stood. She guessed that she wasn't going to be able to make the fox any more comfortable than she was, and so she accepted it. The fox introduced herself at least, said that her name was Q. It was more of a letter than a name, but Phiipa didn't comment on it. The fox asked Phiipa's name, and so the golden furred woman replied, My names Phiipa, its nice to meet you Q. She paused to finish licking her chest fur, then moved on to grooming a paw.

Hoping not to lose her company, she asked another question, So do you live in this forest?

24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She dipped her snout slightly as if to say, Nice to meet you too. Quip did not say anything, however, not until another question was posed to her. Her ears twitched thoughtfully as she deliberated over whether to answer that honestly or keep her haunts a secret.

"I move from place to place," she answered, which was more or less truthful. She had lived in the hollow for a while now, but she'd lived in several other places over the past year. "Where do you live?" the fox countered.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
I hope you don't mind if we end this here? I'm trying to finish up Phiipa's threads before I put her on inactive. Thanks for the thread tho Kat, I love Quip <3

Phiipa nodded to the Fox's response, and was about to answer her next question when she heard her sister's call. They must've been moving on, and it was time for her to go as well. She turned back to the fox and replied. I don't have a home right now, but hopefully I will soon. My sisters and I are traveling together, a home is what we're searching for. She said, rising to her feet. She offered Q a soft smile and said her goodbyes. It was nice meeting you Q. It's not everyday I meet a nice fox. Then the golden furred wolf turned and trotted away through the forest to find Sophy and Vinnira.

24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
No problem!

When a quavering howl rose in the distance, Quip tensed and very nearly fled right then and there. She did wait out Phiipa's parting words, blinking in silence at the latter bit especially. Did the she-wolf often meet mean foxes? She didn't dwell on it. Nearly the instant the canine turned to make her departure, the vixen flitted away to the far side of the hollow.