Stone Circle I'd like to have both.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Private 

Valette had been doubting about this for a long time, which of the two she would make her Beta. The female felt both had their perks. Both had been Beta before, yet both had left the pack. She was hesitant to let Zeke being Beta because she wasn't sure if he would listen to her fully. It was most uncertain to her how things would go between them. Especially after Zeke most possibly fathered pups. What wasn't certain yet was if she was pregnant.

Valette experienced some more hunger but she didn't have any other signs that there might be pups growing inside of her. In fact, she didn't feel much different. Still, she felt like she would need a Beta. She howled for Zek and Kryp. She had decided that they both would be Beta. They complimented one another in Valette's opinion. Plus she could always demote one of them if she was displeased.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel had been wondering about the Beta position since his talk with Valette a while back. He expected that she would choose one, because she was possibly pregnant and wanted to raise young. She could need a helping hand. Who she was going to choose he was still trying to decipher. He had a feeling that he had a good chance, but also could think of many reasons why she wouldn't want him in the position. He wasn't that ambitious or power hungry, but he did like leading. On the other hand, Krypton was extremely qualified and a reliable friend.

When he heard Valette's howl for both of them, he had a feeling that it would be about the Beta position. But he couldn't know for sure, for all he knew he and Krypton were summoned to give Valette another patrolling lesson. Either way he left his den as soon as he heard the call and sped off towards her. He found her quickly, and he bowed his head in respect and greeting. He stood waiting patiently, assuming she would want Krypton there as well before anything was said.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton had no idea why Valette was calling for her and Zeke, but nonetheless she showed up with a hearty trot pace. She was unaware about the conversation about the beta spots being open/ Eversince Krypton left STM on that wild goose chase, she had a feeling the position of beta wouldn't be open to her again. However, today might just change that idea of hers.

Upon seeing the two, she offered them a dip of the head in a respectful greeting. "You called us?" she asked curiously, wondering what the private meeting was about.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette didn't need to wait long before both arrived. She greeted them with a smile. She had spent too much time thinking who of the both of them could be better at being Beta. Instead, she decided to just install both as Beta, unless, they declined. That could also happen. She cleared her throat.

"Yes, I did," she started. "I will probably need some extra leadership help in the upcoming future," she explained. Ezekiel might know the reason, but since Valette hadn't gotten a confirmation that she was, in fact, pregnant she was not going to make any of these two wolves excited. "I've been thinking about it a lot, and I'd like both of you to become my betas. I honestly couldn't pick either of you two. So, what do you guys think? Would you like to be beta? Together?"
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
When Valette's spoke of extra leadership in the future, Ezekiel assumed that meant she was 100% positive that she was pregnant. His heart shipped a beat, and he wanted to ask her about it, but he didn't. She was the one with a bun (or multiple buns) in the oven, so it was her right to tell. He hid his excitement, but eyed her, looking her up and down to see if she showed any signs. She looked the same to him, but she probably knew what was going on inside her better than he. 

She went on to explain that she indeed had called them together to talk about the Beta position. Her proposition wasn't what he was expecting, but he liked he idea. He didn't see why it wouldn't work, and so he nodded. I would be honored to be Beta alongside Krypton. He said, turning his head to his friend and giving her a smile.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
When Krypton heard the word "beta", she perked up a little. She had been beta before, but she had left STM right after on that wild adventure of hers. To be offered another chance to take spot with the leadership, it was an honor no doubt, and she didn't think such opportunities happened twice. With that, Krypton kept her jaw from dropping and instead looked towards Zeke, returning his smile proudly. "I'd be honored to be beta alongside Ezekiel as well."

Krypton was determined to not mess up this time. She wasn't going anywhere.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was extremely pleased that both liked to be beta. It would mean she would have extra help. Valette smiled at the idea and wagged her tail. "Ah I am so happy about that," she spoke. She really had a tough time deciding and if Zeke or Krypton weren't agreeing to share the position she would have suffered some more distress.

"Well that is settled then. Please, both of you keep doing what you are doing at the borders. I'd like the lands to be ultra safe," she spoke and briefly glanced at Zeke before glancing away. She wasn't certain yet. Maybe she should talk to that new girl, with her young. Maybe she could give some input?
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette seemed happy with her decision, as was Zeke and Kryp. Ezekiel really didn't mind sharing the position, in fact he liked the idea a lot. It would mean they could conspire about patrolling plans together, and Krypton was better with socializing, so he always had a hand on that front. He thought they would make a pretty good team.

With only a few more words, it was settled. Ezekiel was a Beta again, and he had more duties to perform. But he was a hardworker, and with his children on the way, he was every bit motivated to perform them with vigor. Thanks Val, I will protect this pack with my life. He replied, locking eyes with her for a moment when she looked his way. Then she turned away, and Ezekiel turned to Krypton. I'm going to go for a patrol right now, you can come if you want. He offered to the large female, his tail swinging contently.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
The newly crowned beta stayed quiet with a smile on her face, casting a glance over to her partner. Zeke, he was a good man, protective, well-rounded, strong; he's everything a beta needs and strives to be. She was glad she had him to work with, they were a rather good duo together. "Yes, thank you for this promotion Valette. We won't let you down." Krypton was going to make sure she kept to that "promise".

With that, her ears swiveled towards Zeke as Krypton nodded her head. "Yeah, I'll come along." With that, Krypton followed after him, tail wagging and eyes shining.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette didn't give Zeke even a hint if she was pregnant or not. Zeke suggested doing a patrol. Valette was more than glad to let them do that. "Thank you both for taking it," she smiled and let them go to do their patrol. It was a win-win situation because she didn't have to do patrols she disliked doing and she would have help from the both of them. Valette let out a happy sigh and went to take a nap.

- end -