The Sunspire copy my past, paste my future
7 Posts
Ooc — Tobyn
(Toothless)

He had heard the whispers that these majestic mountains were known as Sunspire. His father spoke in strained tones of the Sunspire mountain that Sterntooth had conquered. It had become a haven for all three walks of life and though his father had very little regard for such foolish things as faith he spoke of the mountain as if it was sacred. He approached the rolling lushes green hills his boyish body heaving with labored breaths as made the perilous journey. Perhaps if he reached the top he would find his older brothers, Sterntooth and Greyfox waiting for him. He could swear he heard the deep baritone howl of the alpha Sterntooth now. The Alpha and the Spiritual. Waiting for him.

It was then like anytime other time that he thought he was gaining ground on his brothers that Sos would step in and remind him of his place. Tripping on the stone Sos had placed in front of him he went rolling head over rear until he landed with a resounding thud on his back. Shame filled the boy and with ears pressed against his head he looked around hoping that no one had seen his ungraceful tumble. He growled at the stone he had tripped over even going so far to hop and to paw at it. It deserved his vengeance, but it was just Earth again, the entity that was Sos had left it the moment Oak Maniitok had started his downfall. He sighed hanging his frosted head the world was strange and he was here alone, but he would not let the fear in his chest take him. No, the afternoon sun was shining brightly and Atka walked along side of him. They wouldn't let him fail.
<i></i>
25 Posts
Ooc —
After I wrote this, I realized that this is the second time I used a tooth-related metaphor in a post... and my char's name is Toothless... and I swear I didn't even do it on purpose, lol.

Left to its own again while Leader presumably prowled the night, gathering followers and information, Toothless decided it did not want to be afflicted with unwanted company yet again, even if these wolves also belonged to Leader. After she departed on her nightly business, Toothless sneaked from the pack's makeshift rendezvous site on Silvertip Mountain and made its way back to the familiar terrain of the Sunspire sawtooths. The journey took much of the night and all of the sylph's energy, so that as soon as it arrived, Toothless scouted out shelter, curled into a tight little ball and fell fast asleep.

A loud thump! disrupted Toothless's dreaming sometime past midday, startling it awake. Remnants of a dream—an uncomfortable, ephemeral recollection of its life with its mother's cruel family—thankfully sank out of sight into its subconscious. It lifted its head and blinked its protuberant chartreuse eyes, its ears flicking first forward and then backward and its lips smacking together.

[Image: tumblr_lryexcfNZw1qlryiq.gif]

It heard a distant sigh and its lips peeled back in a grimace. Tempted to slink further back into its little niche between two rocks, it instead poked its head out of its small hideaway and turned it this way, then that way. It saw nothing from here. Toothless deliberated for several long moments, then oozed out of the space like toothpaste from a tube.

It climbed to a better vantage point, then scanned the mountainside with narrowed eyes. It jerked slightly when it spotted a wolf perhaps a hundred feet below and to its left. Toothless fought the instinctive urge to scurry, only because the wolf looked sad somehow. Unthinkingly, it made a murmuring noise, then let out a long, noisy breath. It almost considered moving closer, then it seemed to finally realize the time of day, and instead of retreated into the nearest shadow.
7 Posts
Ooc — Tobyn
lol, I love that movie. You going to see the 2nd one? And thanks for a thread again!!

[size=x-small]He allowed the feeling of sadness to swell in his chest before picking himself up once more. Long shaggy limbs carried him forward as he set out back on his path. In the corner of the gray males eyes he could swear he could see the flickering of a shadow on this warm day. Was it Sos stalking him? Was the dark entity here to strike him down before he had reached his prime? Shaking his head back and forth the boy allowed to fear to fill him. Pounding pressure pushed against his temples. thwack. thwack. thwack. [i]thwack. His heart beat building and his breath bated. He awaited the creature to dance from it's dark spot and devour him.

Silence.

The wind whistled lazy through the lush green grass and the sun shone with the soft light of a summer day. To him it sounded like a thunderous rush and felt like a thousand degree roasting. For the boy before the shadows he felt his barely alive life fading. With a cautious step forward Oak Maniitok chided himself, tried vainly to remind himself, of who he was. He cleared his through the action sounded coarse and clamorous as he spoke. "Who is there." His words a stale statement for he knew was slithered along in the shadows. Oak Maniitok, barely six months old, could simple not be consoled. He drew a deep bequeathing it into the breeze as he believed his days were over.

His grey eyes were wide and his stance weary, but he stood awaiting his judgement. He called out, his caution forsaken. "I am Oak Maniitok and I am not afraid to die today." His tone shaking. His bone aching. He stood, and for the first time in his young life felt awaken. [/size]
<i></i>
25 Posts
Ooc —
It's one of my favorites. I'm pumped for the second one, especially because Hiccup's older and has a wingsuit. It's good to roleplay with you again. ^^

It could no longer see the wolf below, yet Toothless could hear a young, masculine voice shout a question into the mountain air: "Who is there?" Its head tilted sideways and it blinked, yet of course Toothless did not reply. Its dark ears quivered forward, waiting to see if the stranger would speak again.

At first, the voice had sounded shaky. When it came again, declaring its name and its lack of fear in the face of death, it sounded stronger, with only the smallest tremble. Toothless made a gurgling noise of curiosity deep in its throat and, despite its aversion to both other wolves and daylight, it slowly peeked out of its patch of shade.

It stared down at the top of the brown wolf's head. It could see part of his face and whether Toothless realized it consciously or simply on some instinctual level, it realized that the wolf was young—even younger than itself. Never before had Toothless seen a wolf younger than itself. Its curiosity grew a thousandfold and its fear began to dissipate. Regardless of the wolf's size, surely he could not hurt it, if it was younger—or so Toothless's logic seemed to tell it.

Oozing from rock to rock like a dripping oil slick, Toothless eventually stopped on a ledge only a few yards above the youthful wolf. It knew it had been spotted—and that it was also exposed to sunlight—yet it didn't seem to care. Its bright eyes wide, it just stared at the young wolf, its lips puckering and smacking together every few moments as if it was perhaps considering what the juvenile would taste like.