Northstar Vale transfixed
2 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Joining 
The little sparrow shifted closer to the borders, apprehension upon her delicate features as she considered what it was she was about to do. Striking out on her own from home had seemed a good decision at the time, but now, as Arrow realized what she was about to do — as in talk to strangers so that she could live with them, she felt the bubble of anxiety in the form of a raw throat, and the rolling of her stomach.

She didn't even know where one began on such things — her own birth pack had been small in all manners, for they had remained more tucked away than some of their neighbors.. but the few that had joined their ranks that she had witnessed had usually just stumbled upon them and needed a home. It felt like such a monumental decision.

Of course, the lissome girl was drawn to the serenity of the lands before her — it was a stark contrast to the mountain that surrounded them, and finally, mustering every ounce of courage she might possess, the she-wolf tipped her muzzle up, beckoning the wolves of the vale before her to talk to her — she wanted to see what they were like, and if they were open to new members. When her gentle call settled, the pale girl lowered herself considerably, her muzzle sweeping low, and her posture completely unassuming.

This was the hardest thing she had ever done.. like, ever.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
!!! <3

Rannoch had been quenching his thirst when her call reached him. Sloppily, and rather unappealingly, the Alpha had done what he could have to shovel as much water into his mouth as possible as he had just returned from his morning patrol around the perimeter of the Vale and was quite thirsty. With the voice of the stranger ringing in his ears, Rannoch lifted his head from the water's surface and towards the direction that she had called. Deciding that the call could not wait, as his parents had always taught him about courtesy in situations where strangers respected their borders, Rannoch abandoned his spot upon the river's shore and headed back in the direction he had just come from. With water droplets still falling from his maw, he tipped it back and called out to the stranger to assure her that he was on the way. 

Despite the distance that had been between the Alpha and the stranger, Rannoch made it to her in a reasonable amount of time. By the time that he had come to pause just before her lowered figure, the Alpha had adjusted his posture accordingly to his authority indicate in their situation. Despite his positioning, his face was just as sunny and inviting as ever, and even with his assumptions of what she was doing here, he would allow for her to do the explaining. 

"Hello," he greeted once his pacing halted. "Welcome to Northstar Vale. I'm Rannoch, the Alpha of these lands. What brings you to my borders?" Rannoch was a wolf who didn't like to beat around the bush and much preferred cutting straight to the point.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
2 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The wolf that greeted her was a behemoth – and despite the casual and welcoming disposition that rolled off him despite his posture, Arrow felt the anxiety pull in to knots in her chest. Had she chosen the pack with the largest wolves possible? Was that a prerequisite to joining? He’d not just send her out on her ass for inquiring, he’d laugh her right out of the mountain.

It took a moment for Arrow to find her tongue, but she finally did, her pale lavender eyes suddenly taking great interest in his burly paws, as if she wasn’t so nervous she might faint. “I’m Lyrical, though you can call me Arrow. I’m looking for a pack to join.” She paused, wondering how that had sounded – had she rushed it in the end? Releasing a shaky breath, she gave him a hesitant smile, eyes darting up to trace his cheek. “Sorry – I’m really nervous. I’ve never done this before. Northstar Vale.. it sounds really pretty.”
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Lyrical. It was a peculiar name, at least that was Rannoch's first impression of it, but in time he was introduced to another name: Arrow. He nodded at this, finding himself more fond of the later offering. She elaborated to tell him that she was interested in joining the ranks and he tilted his head slightly, the movement betraying his surprise he felt internally. He admired that she had gotten straight to the point, but as quickly as she had built herself up in his eyes, she faltered. 

Rannoch had never had to join a pack before so he couldn't relate on the nervousness, but, despite this disconnection, Rannoch felt that he could sympathize. "You're doing great," he admitted with a smile. Had she have introduced herself differently, than Rannoch would have found himself with a different reply to her insecurities. 

With a new topic for the two to talk upon, Rannoch turned his attention briefly to regard the scaling landscape. The pack had been lucky to find that this real estate was open for them to claim, as Rannoch couldn't have pictured a place more picturesque than the Vale. "It is really pretty," he countered kindly once he had returned his attention to her. There would be time later to talk up the aesthetics of their home. Presently, Rannoch was concerned with what she could offer to the pack.

"So, Arrow, tell me a little about yourself," he prompted in an attempt to redirect their conversation. "What brought you here and what skills do you possess?" 
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show