Moonspear i've got some damn bad intentions
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
Private 
after his discussion with korei, terance was far too heated to go after hydra. he knew he'd say something stupid, him and all that bitterness he liked to carry around with him. but he was not about to let this slide by-- this was not okay with him. terance had grown to like @Hydra quite a bit, and he'd be damned if she started acting like a total prick to her own sister right now. then again, maybe this conversation would only make the problem bigger-- terance didn't really know, but if he'd learned anything from dante and osprey, it was to handle problems. 

so, if anything, this was a step in the right direction for terance, a step away from all of his petty tendencies. this was just too far for him to sit by and ignore.

but, terance was most certainly not going to spend the day running around the territory searching for her. he sat his butt down and made a call, loud and proud, for his (currently) least favorite shadow to join him.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hearing his call, Hydra swung around and rerouted her course. She had in her teeth a male fox and had been trailing what she thought might be another fox... but the scent was hard to follow, and led to nothing despite her time following it. She had an idea to drop it off to her mother who was on the way; Hydra called back, informing him she'd head to him right quick. And she did, not one to make anyone wait too long when called. 

Her tail waved when she saw him, and she did not at all think of the day he had hung out with her pale sister. He could do what he wanted to do, there.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
hydra came quick as ever (thats what she said), and terance almost felt bad for being so angry with her. she was his closest friend-- and korei was next to nothing to him. shouldn't that mean something? shouldn't he just let this slide? that was, after all, something the cerberus did pretty often, and terance had gotten plenty used to it.

but no, he couldn't, not this time. this was different. this, unsurprisingly, was something terance felt very strongly about. he was deeply offended his best friend treated someone-- her own sister-- as poorly as she had. his ears fell, pinned to his head.

"you're treating korei unfairly," he said with narrowed green eyes. he was still afraid, and it sept through his previously perfectly calm demeanor in the form of rigid muscles and widened pupils. he didn't want to make hydra mad at him, he couldn't loose her as a friend-- but he couldn't let this happen. siblings were too important. besides that, terance quite selfishly saw himself in korei-- and he couldn't let hydra feel that way in this situation-- what would she think of him?
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra blinked at his words, but was quick to process them as they came. Her mind began to race as she tried to determine just what she was in that moment. I am not, she said with a huff, in fact, I'm treating her like gold in comparison to how I feel. She's childish. Everything needs to be about her—while she spent time crying, I killed a fox, another thing that could threaten my siblings! She made a huge mistake and isn't doing anything about it but sulking. I can't handle her, and I shouldn't be forced to, her ears flicked and she squinted at him. What do you want me to do? Hug her? Tell her, "hey, Julia, you distracted dad with your thousands of questions so he couldn't grab little Galaxy who NEEDED his attention in time before she fell to her death but no worries! It's cool!" Cause  it's not cool. Galaxy is gone, she wondered what the hell Terance was thinking, and she gave him the floor. It was because Hydra cared about him and also considered him her closest friends that she even gave him a chance to speak–she did want to understand what he thought she should feel. It didn't matter though; she wasn't an empath as he was, and she couldn't and wouldn't pretend to be alright when she wasn't.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance didn't like to be yelled at. when his dad did it, it felt different. he never felt all that bad when his dad yelled at him-- just sort of embarrassed. but when his mom or sarah or wraen ever got mad at him... terance couldn't take it. dude submitted faster than you can say 'wimp'. there was probably some psychological reason for that-- but terance never understood it. it just always made him feel way more guilty, like he'd actually done something wrong.

and boy or boy did hydra go off-- though terance was almost expecting. it, naturally, caused a bubbling of emotion in his chest, swelling and swelling with every word she spat in his direction. he couldn't tell if she was yelling at him or to him, but both seemed just as bad. his throat burned, hot and dry as his anger merged together with a strong urge to cry-- one that he needed to suppress. when she finished, he didn't really know what to say. his throat hurt too much, and he was afraid that if he spoke a single word his voice would shatter. but he didn't submit, not for this.

so he swallowed, and stared, disappointment and agitation written on all of his features. 

"but hydra," he said, slowly, testing the waters, "you don't think she meant for that to happen? you don't think that your own sister wanted to --" he stopped, finding too much in common with himself to continue. his teeth gritted. "you don't have to be all buddy buddy with her! i don't care! but you can't treat her like you treated aries-- she's not malicious," he argued, finding that to be a better route. "charon wasn't the only wolf there, right? we're a family we watch out for one another. it was an accident... and accidents just... happen."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened mutely to Terance, her own expression stony. He was being emotional about this—she was being pragmatic, and cold, and unfeeling. But to her knowledge, she had lost her younger sibling—a sibling that had been otherwise strong, and meant to grow old. 

His words fell on relatively deaf ears, though one must consider the rawness of the entire situation and Hydra's stubborn personality. There was a true moment where Hydra did seem to think on Terance's words, because instead of leaping to respond she stood in silence to consider them. And when she looked at him, she sighed. 

Of course I don't think Korei is malicious, Terance. But she doesn't listen, she doesn't learn. She doesn't understand cues to when is a good time or a bad time. Who the hell knew it would get someone killed? She grit her teeth. Galaxy. I can't take it easy on her. It can't happen again, and that was her greatest fear. He had to have been the closest one to the ledge. My dad would not imply there was any other where if there wasn't, no—his millisecond of not paying attention to Galaxy to heed Korei was one Galaxy had paid for with her life... her stomach sank.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
she stopped yelling-- mostly, anyway, and terance felt his shoulders relax a bit. he wasn't even aware they'd gotten so tight, but it was okay, she was being... well, sort of reasonable. he stared at her as she spoke, his ears lowering. he didn't really have any proof... he wasn't there, but he couldn't believe that one minute of charon's time devoted to korei caused the death of a child. or, maybe it did... but... he assumed there were more wolves there, it was just bad timing-- it was dark and they live on a goddamn mountain. that was not korei's fault. 

i can't take it easy on her. it can't happen again. 

"i think she gets the point!" he suddenly raged, an explosion that he didn't mean to release. his ears pressed hard against his skull, his green eyes holding a bluish tint as tears suddenly threatened to spill. it happened so fast, and he suddenly felt guilty, like he always did. "it was an accident..." he muttered, voice lower now.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She felt his emotions, but did not relent. She was not an empath, and she needed him to understand. I need to be sure, Terance, she said after his murmured words. Not that it was an accident—of course Korei did not intentionally kill their sibling. She was too airheaded to concoct such a plot. I need to be sure that an accident like this will never happen to Jarilo or Vela, she shifted her weight. this is the only way I know how. It was the only way she would. Terance knew she was not soft. Of her twins, she was the hardest, the protector. Who would think the family needed protecting against one of their own? Hydra partially blamed herself, which was perhaps why she was so harsh on Korei; she had not been there to stop the pale girl from distracting their father with her sisters.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance was running out of arguments. pleading with her was the only thing he could think to do next... and how humiliating that would be. terance knew that hydra had little respect for weakness, and he himself would most certainly lose respect for himself. to win an argument by pleading? to drop to his knees and beg her to hear him out? pathetic.

but he didn't know what else to say. as much as this was about korei, it was about him, and he didn't want to straight up tell her that. he averted his gaze, blinking a few times to clear up his vision which had completely blurred right now. he gritted his teeth, taking in a breath, and looked back towards the shadow. "sarah," he said quietly, knowing that she knew who sarah was. he didn't know how far he had to elaborate, he knew that he'd told both hydra and charon that they'd been separated. hydra was smart, he hoped she'd put two-and-two together.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The name he spoke took her a beat to recognize, but when she did she felt puzzled by it. I don't understand, she admitted to him, knowing it pained him to be doing this but really not connecting how. Hydra could be quick, but not always, and certainly not when so self-engrossed. She wanted to defend him with what she knew of him, but she was confused... she's... dead?
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
hydra didn't fully understand-- fine, he'd never really talked about it that much and it was unfair for him to just assume she knew everything. but it hurt. he didn't want to, he wanted her to just understand and they could move on-- but that wasn't how this was going to work.

"i don't know," he whined, shaking his head. "she could be-- anywhere. anything could've happened to her and i don't know." his gaze fell to his paws as he sucked in a shakey breath, his tail twitching in an effort to calm his nerves. "but, i lost her. it was dark and the rain fell in sheets and i couldn't see or hear anything and i lost her." but it was an accident! he hadn't meant it-- and he couldn't have truly done anything about it-- right? couldn't hydra see that? about this too? he didn't know what else to say, and a quiet sob wracked at his chest as he tried to keep down everything else. he couldn't keep going, that was all there was to it... but maybe hydra would understand, maybe, he hoped.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His story was one she felt she should give fair attention to. It was obviously important to him. But she felt her gut twist—how could he compare the situation to the other? Sarah was as much as an adult as he had been when they left home. At the very least, even if she had passed, she had lived her life—but Hydra would not think that way, on behalf of Terance. That much she could do. 

You and Sarah were old enough to make the decision on your own to leave home and see the world. You guys were separated—you didn't think to distract your mom or your dad around helpless cubs that probably don't really know left from right, she hadn't any idea of their cognitive abilities, but she doubted they really could. They certainly had no depth perception, it seemed, or how to even mind a gap. Vela or Jarilo won't get to ask Galaxy ever if she wants to see the world, she breathed. She categorized "accidents" in two different tiers somehow, but Hydra definitely felt her perception was right. You found your way, and so there's a great chance Sarah found hers, she added, wanting to express to Terance that she did not think him at fault. That didn't even sound like an accident to her—that sounded like nature getting in the way like it sometimes could... maybe she just returned home?
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
though sadness and guilt were almost overflowing at the rim, terance began to feel anger bubble up beneath the surface. she didn't know, and he couldn't express that enough. maybe she was back home! or somewhere else in the teekon wilds! she could've been anywhere-- or, she could've been dead. they didn't know. but she was just giving him the same spheal he'd given himself a thousand times over. maybe. or maybe not! he wasn't sure if she was supposed to be comforting him, but he felt anything but that right now. his brow furrowed, though his lip quivered. 

"you don't know that!" he seethed, standing to make a point out of his discomfort, "and neither do i! we don't know anything!" his head turned and he glared at the ground, not wanting to glare directly at hydra... who was kind of trying to help. failing, but trying-- he thought.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
No, we don't, Hydra agreed, her eyes widening as he yelled at her. Her ears pressed forward and she squinted at him and she continued, not about that, anyway... but she's grown, Terance. She can at least take care of herself, and that much he surely did know, right? Even if Sarah was a pacifist, she had a row of teeth that would make anyone second-guess their position against her. Maybe not knowing is better. At least you have a chance, she squinted at him now. My sister actually died, dude.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
i'm gonna try to wrap this up... bc... it old... and terance needs to get a move on !!!

terance could very well have been very insensitive-- but hydra was no better! he felt attacked, suddenly, when it was her fault, she was the one being unreasonable. 

still, terance did not feel up to wrecking his friendship with hydra-- even though she was stubborn and oh so annoying very often. he sucked in a deep breath, kind of sick of looking at her dumb face, and shook his head. "whatever. i'm gonna go," he said, eyeing the ostrega with obvious agitation, "i'll see you later, hydra." like that would patch up any frustrations.

either way, terance was out, and he highly doubted that she would stop him.