Phoenix Maplewood ori the fox hunts an elk
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
4 Posts
Ooc — Melee
All Welcome 
She had never seen so many trees before!

At least, not all in one place. The wilds were much different than the place little Ori had grown up, and the sylph-like creature was enraptured. She did not mind the odd coolness she felt, nor the dampness that clung to her fur and made her even colder-- rather, she did not mind it yet. If it took too tight of hold, the petite figure would move to bask in dappled sunlight where she could almost forget she was no longer in the arid plains where she was born.

Ori was in the process of doing so when a large ungulate burst through nearby foliage, running directly toward her! Luckily for the small fox, the sound startled her eyes open. Upon seeing the elk barreling forth, threatening to trample her, Ori opened her jaw as wide as she could and loosed her best scream. Perhaps because that, in turn, startled the elk-- it altered its course at the last moment.

Emboldened, the young kit fox chased after it, loosing her screams all the while.
I am a slower-paced roleplayer. There may be times that I am only able to post once per activity period. If I do not respond to a thread within 7 days, you are welcome to minorly powerplay Ori's exit if you prefer a faster pace.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
What even are travel timelines? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also pretending this happens after Ty decides to start recruiting.

Tytonidae was certain that she could attain her goal of recruiting a few wolves and starting something. It would take time, patience, and a whole lot of looking. A horrid, horrid scream pulled her from her thoughts, and she winced as it came again and again, getting closer, closer...

"Fudge!" she yelped as an elk barreled toward her, the screams not far behind. Tytonidae leapt out of the way just in the nick of time, watching as a much smaller predator went after the elk. Ty watched them recede into the forest, thanking her lucky stars that she hadn't been trampled.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Especially in consideration of recent developments, Wildfire wanted more than ever to make a trip down to visit her relatives at the caldera. But day after day passed without the Feisripa setting foot outside Drageda, with one thing or another popping up to demand her attention. Her family and home took priority, of course, though she was glad when she found herself free this afternoon. She couldn't go too far but she was certainly going to treat herself to some wandering. Her heels nearly caught on fire as she streaked to the borders and beyond.

She eventually wound up in the maple wood, tracking small game. There was a strange scent here that she wanted to pursue. As she furtively tracked it through the forest, she came across another smell, belonging to a wolf. She paused and sniffed more deeply, picking up details, when she heard a great commotion off to her left. She arched her head over her should, large ears pricking and chestnut eyes widening even though she couldn't see anything from here.

When the noise just kept going, the Feisripa swiveled and began loping in that direction, only to bump into a black she-wolf, the very one she'd smelled earlier. "Oh, sorry!" She had barely brushed into the stranger, yet she hopped back, giving them both their space.
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
4 Posts
Ooc — Melee
Moments passed, and the elk finally decided it had enough of Ori's screaming -- perhaps after realizing the creator of the noise couldn't actually harm it. To the beast's credit, it gave the small fox fair warning, stopping and turning with its antlers hung low. It exhaled harshly, sweeping its defense back and forth. She was smart enough to at least attempt a halt, though the ungulate hadn't given her quite enough time.

The kit fox did the best she could, darting atop the elk's head between the antlers (it had given her a ramp, after all), before launching off in a pivot that sent her off in the direction she had come. This might have startled the beast into a brief paused, but Ori didn't wait to find out -- she dashed the way she had come, her screams forgone now in favor of conserving her breath for speed.
I am a slower-paced roleplayer. There may be times that I am only able to post once per activity period. If I do not respond to a thread within 7 days, you are welcome to minorly powerplay Ori's exit if you prefer a faster pace.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
It was bad enough that she'd nearly been trampled to death by an elk, but now another wolf bumped into her, and Ty fully expected a scuffle, assuming the other would accuse her of trying to steal the food she'd been hunting. In fact, Ty assumed that it was a whole pack ready to rip her to shreds for hunting on one of their frequent haunts. Instead, she got a pleasant surprise in the form of an apology and a quick retreat a few steps away. Relief washed over Tytonidae, glad that she would not need to defend herself today.

Before she had a second to respond, though, the small fox darted in front of them, followed closely by the elk. "Fudge again!" Ty yelped under her breath. She noted that the elk was heading directly for the red wolf, and so she did a possibly stupid thing and attempted to ram the other girl with all her might so that she might not be trampled by the elk, either. The elk's front foot clipped Ty's hip, and she felt the sting as she crashed to the ground. That was gonna leave a bruise.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
There was hardly time for the other wolf to react before a small fox burst between them, followed by an enormous elk. Even as the stranger cried out, Wildfire herself screamed, "Holy butts!" (Thank one of her kids for that one.) Before she could even think of dodging, something rammed her aside. She went down with a loud, "Oof!" She laid there for a breath or two before sitting up.

The fox and elk were gone and the black wolf was collapsed nearby. "You okay?" Wildfire hissed as she jumped to her feet. Her ribs hurt where she had been hit but she was fine otherwise. She moved to the stranger's side, eyeballing her for any sign of injury.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ty groaned, righting herself and dragging her front half off of the ground first. Her right hip was tender, but nothing appeared to be broken. It definitely wasn't going to be fun for a week or two. "I don't think there's any permanent damage," she replied, putting some weight on her left hind leg. Ty winced, but it wasn't the worst.

"What the fuck was that fox doing, anyway?" she asked, perturbed by its behavior. "Was it taunting that bull?" She didn't think that her red-headed companion would know the answer, but it seemed worth asking out loud anyway. Ty didn't really understand, but as the adrenaline wore off, she realized that the red wolf looked an awful lot like Peregrine's new mate. She didn't think it was Fox, but she honestly hadn't seen her step-mother in so long, she wasn't sure she'd remember her at all.

"I'm Tytonidae Vasanta, but you can call me Ty. Thanks for making sure I wasn't dead."
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She was no medic, so Wildfire wasn't sure what she'd do if the stranger had suffered serious injury. Fortunately for them both, she appeared a little roughed up like Wildfire herself, but nothing worse. A sigh of relief escaped the red she-wolf as she eased back onto her haunches near the darker stranger, who muttered about the fox's strange behavior before offering an introduction.

"I'm not sure, I didn't even really see what was happening," Wildfire admitted in response. "Of course. You pushed me out of the way; thank you." Her lips curved into a smile. "You sure you're all right? I'm Wildfire, by the way. Do you live nearby? Do you need any help getting home?"
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Her name rang some distant bell, but Ty couldn't quite place it. Then again, she'd learned many names in her short time here on this earth, so maybe she was mixing her up with somebody else. In any case, it didn't matter. It was probably just a name she'd heard in passing once or twice a long time ago. This wasn't Fox, so Tytonidae didn't really have any reason to inquire further.

"I'll be okay," she replied with a smile, again testing weight on her hip. It was sore, and it would be for awhile, but she didn't think it would cause any long-lasting damage. "I'm actually looking for a place to live," she continued. "How 'bout you?"
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire licked her lips as she digested this tidbit of information. Life as a lone wolf was tough, especially with any kind of injury, even a small one. Although she wasn't prone to charity cases, she knew Ty wasn't damaged goods on any sort of permanent basis. And she had really only gotten hurt trying to save Wildfire. The least the ambassador could do was offer her a place to stay.

"I live in Drageda, along the coast. We may have space, if you're interested."
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Drageda, eh? Ty kept the name in the back of her head, though she had no (immediate) intention of joining them. She had other plans, and she wasn't about to give up just because of a bruise. "The coast, huh? I haven't really been out that way much. I think I want to start a following of my own, but I'll keep Drageda in mind if that doesn't work out." Tytonidae knew that nothing was certain. It was entirely possible her dreams would not come to fruition and she very may well end up joining a local pack and settling down there... but she had to try.

And even though Ty wasn't immediately interested in joining up with Drageda, there were things that could be learned from Wildfire. "Where on the coast is it?" she asked. Knowing where the local packs were would help her to avoid settling too close to them.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Ty replied by informing Wildfire she intended to head her own pack. Her brows lifted in surprise, though she couldn't say why the information caught her off guard. Perhaps it was because Ty didn't strike her as the Alpha type at all. Wildfire had only ever known large, powerfully stoic leaders, though that wasn't to say the Vasanta wouldn't make a great Alpha.

"To get there from here, you'd head almost due northwest," Wildfire said after squinting around to orient herself. Returning her chestnut gaze to her new acquaintance's fade, she added, "We live in some woods near the cliffs there. You can't miss it if you're ever in the area."

Speaking of home, Wildfire knew she should head back that way. It would take several hours and it was time to relieve the commander and Skayona of their childcare duties. "I should actually head back that way. You sure you're all right?"
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ty carefully logged that information in the back of her mind, knowing that it would be an option if she needed it in the future. For now, though, she had no reason to derail her plan. She might have a limp for a few days, but she would get over that in no time. Leading her own pack was now something she felt she needed to do. At the very least, she needed to try.

"Yeah, I'm good," Ty assured her. To prove it, she stretched her leg far back, then far forward, testing the mobility of it. If she could do that much without severe pain, it was nothing more than a bruise. A painful bruise, but it wouldn't slow her down too much. "Safe travels!" Ty called out, watching as Wildfire faded into the forest and out of sight.