Sun Mote Copse Let's start something
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
Especially welcome are those who might be interested in joining my lil' seasonal pack. ^_^

She never thought she'd find herself in a situation where she wanted to do something like this, but here she was. After a month of meandering about her old home, finding little comfort in old memories, Tytonidae felt she was ready. She would begin today, although the idea had been floating around her brainspace since she had first arrived. For the first time in her life, she was actively seeking out other wolves to join her in a venture. She smiled fondly, thinking of Grevious and wondering if his male-driven conquest had made any progress. This would not be easy, she knew that much.

Junior, Saena, those two had been more leader types. They'd been more driven, more assertive than Ty had ever been. But perhaps that was not the only thing it took to make a leader. Maybe, just maybe, a pack could be built on more than that. Ty wanted to believe it was so. The best she could do was try, and so that's what she set out to do from this day forth: rally up some wanderers who were looking for a home.

Her paws had taken her deep within Sun Mote Copse, and with the midday sun and heat, she found the setting magical. With all the particles floating through the air, it was as if there was fairy dust all around her. She beamed, feeling a new sense of lightness fill her chest.
。◕‿‿◕。
12 Posts
Ooc — Melee
Everything about life was beautiful, and everything about the world was great.

Super great!

Earthsea had spent most of her two years amongst family, but one morning she woke up and something in her said it was time to move on. She said her goodbyes, chipper as ever, and left that same day. It would go without saying that she loved her family, but Earthsea had no qualms about moving on. Dispersal was natural, and though she would always carry fond memories of her parents and siblings and other relatives... it would be like missing the den she had been whelped in. Silly.

If she were to complain about anything, it would be the loneliness— but even in that, Earthsea felt a thrill. It was an opportunity to learn skills she wouldn't receive from the same-old, same-old pack life. Death never occurred to her; survival was the only option. And, as always, she firmly believed everything work out for the best.

"Wow," she commented, as her footfalls led her to stand some meters behind the black female— now sunlit, with motes of light carried in the soft breeze around her. "Pretty." And that was that; Earthsea stood admiring the natural oddity, for she had certainly never seen anything like it before. That was another one for the "pro" list. Seeing new things. Super, super great.
I am a slower-paced roleplayer. There may be times that I am only able to post once per activity period. If I do not respond to a thread within 7 days, you are welcome to minorly powerplay Earthsea's exit if you prefer a faster pace.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Earthsea is my new favorite and I love her name. Takes me back to the old days where we'd just mash together some nature-sounding words and call it a day. XD

"Wow," came a voice behind her, and Tytonidae turned her head to see a girl who looked to be on cloud nine. "Pretty." The aspiring leader shifted so that she could more easily look at the stranger (who was also pretty, mind you) and smiled. "Isn't it, though?" she agreed, sighing gently. "I grew up around here, but I'd never seen this place before. It's stunning."

As stunning as it was, she didn't see it as a potential place to settle. It was separated from a nearby pack, but only by a mountain. She wanted distance between herself and everybody else, if only for peacekeeping purposes. In cases where she needed to speak to other packs, she'd rather take the time to travel than settle on their doorstep. But finding a place to settle was only half the battle, and it was admittedly the easier half.

"I'm Tytonidae Vasanta," she said, introducing herself.
。◕‿‿◕。
12 Posts
Ooc — Melee
She's actually named after a fantasy series! The Earthsea Trilogy by Ursula K. Le Guin -- it's been a long time since I've read it, but figured it'd make a nifty name for a wolf. :D

Earthsea had taken a risk by not bothering to approach the other with caution, but it appeared her decision was well-calculated. Like herself, the dark beauty was a bit on the thin side-- odd for a pack wolf in the summer, when game was typically more plentiful (though not necessarily more easily caught). Neither did the wind carry with it the scent of other wolves; the stranger smelled like herself and the wilderness.

"I'm new in town," she grinned easily in response. "Everything here is so different. Much more interesting." If only because it was so new and different.

"My name's Earthsea," the tawny she-wolf offered in return.
I am a slower-paced roleplayer. There may be times that I am only able to post once per activity period. If I do not respond to a thread within 7 days, you are welcome to minorly powerplay Earthsea's exit if you prefer a faster pace.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"New in town, huh?" Ty replied. If that was the case, maybe Earthsea could be her first recruit. Or maybe she was like Grevious and herself, looking to start something over her own. "Are you looking to settle here? I'm scouting out a home base for myself right now... but I don't think this is the one." Tytonidae looked around, watching as the particles drifted through the trees. It was pretty, but she could always visit if she wanted to at a later date.

"If you are looking to settle, you could help me pick out something. Assuming you want to join me, that is!" Ty didn't want to be too presumptuous, but she was eager to get this show on the road. It wouldn't hurt to ask!

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
。◕‿‿◕。
12 Posts
Ooc — Melee
"Thinkin' about it," she responded, feeling no need to keep her cards close to her chest. "I haven't explored much of the area yet." To Earthsea, one pack was the same as the next-- where she came from, packs all sort of functioned and behaved in the same way. It's probably why she so readily answered the dark woman's offer with, "Sure, I'll join ya."

If they couldn't gain the support of enough followers, they'd perhaps have the opportunity to join an existing pack (though she hadn't yet run into any of those yet, either). It just felt better to have the safety of numbers, regardless of what their home would end up being.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Well, that was easy! Almost... too easy. Tytonidae tried not to get her hopes up too much. Words were only words. It would be Earthsea's actions that would confirm her interest in joining Ty and her quest to build a sustainable pack. There was still so much to be done. They needed to recruit others, find a good place to make their home, and make sure everybody was actually on board and good to go.

"Great!" Ty beamed, tail swishing back and forth happily. "Is there anything in particular you want out of a pack?" Ty asked, "I know I get bored easily, so I'm hoping that I can convince those who join to up and move with me every once in awhile so I don't get too restless." It wouldn't be the right lifestyle for everybody, but Ty had met enough wanderers like herself to know that it wasn't a completely niche market. She took whatever feedback she could get from Earthsea before the two parted ways, eventually meeting back up at Ocean's Breath Plateau.