Moonspear In the air
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
This was, as far as Ty could tell, the nearest pack to her intended home. She did not know the name of it, nor any of the wolves who lived here, but she wanted them to be aware of her presence to the north. She was well outside the well-marked borders when she let her voice ring against the mountain, echoing back to her in a delightful way. She wished to speak with somebody of importance, though she'd be just as happy if the message was passed along.

For now, Ty waited. She was excited to get to know her neighbors, but she was also a patient and reserved creature. She could only hope that they would be peaceful, and to make sure, she took a few steps back, squinting into the territory and searching for any approaching wolves to gauge their reaction.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon had been with the pups when the call rang, but he was quick to get up and head it then. He affectionately nosed the pups — Galaxy once extra, then Vela too — and then started heading towards the borders. He carried his body proudly, tail waving in the air and head arced up, ears perked forward curiously as he approached the borders.

There someone waited, and upon his approach the Alpha chuffed to make his presence known to her and waited to hear what business she had that was destined only for someone important.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
A white wolf approached, and Ty immediately read from his body language that he was, in fact, the leader here. Or he was at least pretending to be. She didn't cower on the ground, but she also didn't want this to be a puff-out-our-chests contest. Instead, she remained in a neutral stance while avoiding eye contact for the sake of appearing non-threatening. This was her first foray into speaking with a pack on behalf of her own, and she knew she needed to be careful.

She cleared her throat, then began. "Hello, my name is Tytonidae Vasanta. I'm gathering a group of wolves to claim the plateau by the sea. We call ourselves Bhediyon." Well, technically, it was a pack of one, but Ty had a good feeling it wouldn't be that way for long.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra arrived a little later than normal, though she'd been coming from the opposite directions. Her pace quickened when she noted a wolf at their borders though her father got to them first. She missed what had been said entirely, though moved beside her father anyhow—she knew she had not missed much, and so her fathers response might answer the question of what this wolf was doing here.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
She remained neutral, though the way she looked away was enough submission to show Charon she had no poor intentions. She mentioned claming a plateau and he instantly knew what plateau this was; he'd visited it himself when he had been looking for a place to settle with Amekaze. Charon had actually considered the plateau, but in the end he had needed something more formidable for the pair of them. Amekaze wanted a mountain, so he had given her a mountain, although he still missed the ocean at times.

"I'm Charon Ostrega," he greeted not unkindly (but neither very warmly); "The plateau, eh? How many are you?" He didn't feel very threatened by this and it showed in his calm voice. The plateau was far enough away for him, so long as they didn't do anything dumb.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
He didn't chase her away, at least not yet, and Ty was thankful. She let out a tiny breath of relief, then watched as another wolf approached. This one was dark, like herself, and she wondered what the relation was between the two of them. Not that it was her place to ask, and knowing as much probably wouldn't even be to her advantage in any way.

He offered his name, then asked her a rather direct question that made her flinch. Not because it was particularly threatening, but she felt it was so... forward. Ty blinked, then answered. "That's to be determined," she replied. "And you?"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her father mentioned the plateau, which she acknowledged with a flick of her ear. It seemed he had things handled here, but Hydra remained nonetheless. She had ambitions to help at the borders as directly as he did, though with not so much authority. It was all but said that Hydra wanted to lead like her father somehow, but her actions made it relatively clear she had that desire. It was not intent quite yet... she wanted to be certain she could do it well. Her father did not seem bothered by the others mention of the Plateau. She assumed the other had designs to make it their own if that particular place was mentioned. And then, "how many are you..." She listened on.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon wasn't sure why she was so uneasy with the question. Was it that she thought he might attack if he knew they were with little? If so, she was still giving herself away. He squinted his eyes ever so slightly while he thought on this, and thought her return question kind of weird. He was an established pack, so obviously the numbers were different. "Plenty," he answered at first, then, after a short pause: "Round eleven adults and three pups." He'd counted rather quickly and wasn't sure if the numbers were accurate, but it didn't matter to him. He was proud of their numbers and so he did not mind answering the question. His squinted eyes'd made place for a confident smile now. He felt even more confident knowing Hydra was there too, ready to stand by him were it necessary.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She twitched her tail at his answer. That was a sizable pack. Ty did not intend to start any wars, but she also wanted to know what she was up against should they attack Bhediyon. And really, she didn't even know how many of them there would be. It would have been easier to answer that question in half a turn of the moon. He didn't ask any followup questions, so she figured he didn't have further curiosity about her upstart.

Ty stood for a moment longer, expecting a question, but nothing came. She glanced at the other dark wolf, wondering if she had anything to ask, but nothing was said. "I hope that my visiting will put you at ease that I have no intention on encroaching on your hunting grounds. The plateau is plentiful, as are the areas around it. If you find yourself needing to come to us for anything in the future, our borders will welcome you." She did not expect the same gesture to be extended, but she had learned that leading by example was the only way to go.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra had nothing to say to her, but wanted to learn—she felt that if her father was comfortable with this she-wolf settling at the Plateau, then it must be fine. He certainly did not seem bothered by it, and so neither was she. She wondered if her father would reciprocate the other wolf's offer, though Hydra did not much like the idea of sharing—though she supposed she could appreciate the offer that was given.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon nodded as she spoke again, accompanied by a murmured "hmm-mm". Only when she had finished speaking did he speak again. "That's good to know. I'll keep it in mind." He remained fairly neutral through it all and felt little threat from the stranger or her pack so far. Especially since she was offering any help he needed. Smart girl.

There was little else to say as far as Charon was concerned. He glanced at Hydra from the corner of his eye but she seemed to have little to add. He looked at Tytonidae inquisitively, waiting to hear if she had anything more to ask or say or if their meeting was coming to an end.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Thanks for the thread, you two! ^_^

Neither seemed to have anything further to say, so Ty dipped her head briefly to signal that she'd be on her way. She backed away a few steps, turned, and trotted away from their borders. She felt a sense of accomplishment then. She had represented herself (and Bhediyon) as best as she possibly could have. And while he may have been a little sketched out by her lack of giving up info on how many there were, she wasn't really sure who planned to join her at this point. In time, however, that would become more clear.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The other elected to leave, and once she was out of earshot Hydra looked to her father. What do you think? She inquired, wanting his real opinion on it all. It's nice that they want to share with us... though I don't like the idea of sharing with them, she admitted, swinging her head in the direction Tytonidae had headed. Hydra did not know much, yet, about the point of alliances... but it was a lesson she was willing to hear, if her father felt strongly about it. After all, as a representative of Moonspear she wanted to do right by it.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon watched as Tytonidae left and when she was gone he turned to Hydra, who instantly started asking him about the encounter. He could imagine; it wasn't often that wolves came to their borders asking about these things. He smiled when Hydra said she liked the idea of being shared with, but didn't want to share in return. "Hopefully they'll stick to the plateau. It shouldn't be too much of an issue then." Not unless another famine passed by, a thought that was hard to let go of.

"In general, newer packs will either try to intimidate you into sharing, or they'll be forthcoming and polite, like this one. I'm not really into alliances, though, as my experience is packs have their own things to do and in the end, everyone'll choose their own pack. Might as well be honest about it." He chose Moonspear first too, but that was exactly why he wasn't a fan of alliances. Even Rannoch and Cypress had promised that they'd visit after settling their pack, but so far he had heard nothing of them.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I'd totally choose Moonspear, she admitted to him, and after a beat she said, so what's even the point of alliances? Is there ever an actual benefit? Now she looked to her father. He would likely have the most sound logic on it all, and she wanted to hear his thoughts on it all. The opinion of he and her mother were what she heeded most of all. Even if she couldn't make sense of it, if they wanted to have alliances she had no qualm with that.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Hydra echoed his exact thoughts in her question. "I don't see much benefit to them," Charon admitted. "Everyone's just going to stick to their own pack when it comes to it, which is how it should be, but to me, that means alliances are just a fancy word for shit. I guess other wolves may do it to try and appear harmless and avoid conflicts, by saying they're your allies... Until something better comes along." He grimaced, as this was why he preferred not to have alliances at all. Yeah, he didn't mind getting along in a friendly manner with other wolves from neighbouring packs, but he wasn't going to throw anything of his in the fire for them.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra huffed. Sounds kind of pointless. At least she didn't really ask to be allies, Hydra hummed with a wave of her tail, she offered resources to us if we needed—we didn't say the same for her, she observed with a glint in her eye. Would we? she guessed "no" but, well, her father was likely a better wolf than she was. Hydra wasn't the kindest to those outside of Moonspear... hell, she didn't get out too much to be kind to anyone. Especially not as of late, what with all of the things that had happened.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon grinned at Hydra's question and answered swiftly, "Of course we wouldn't." They needed those resources to themselves and he wasn't going to share with someone just because they seemed 'nice'. He hadn't forgotten about last year's tragedies and Charon always looked after his own pack first. "Come, let's make a quick round," he then suggested and he started leading the way along the borders so they could secure them and add fresh markings.