Dragoncrest Cliffs Don't wanna go in that pot they bubbling!
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
All Welcome 
He had grown quite a lot - so much that his shadow had grown bigger beside him. But that no longer scared him. It had proven to be a mere follower; on to accompany him quietly whenever the sun was out. Where he went when it was not such nice weather outside, Sirio had no idea. He just knew he had a new, real friend at his side to share his thoughts with. Dalia, sadly, had been replaced by his own shadow. Mother? He couldn't tell her all he told his shadow. Some would say it was a phase, but Sirio was convinced that this friendship was for life.

He ventured out carefully, the sun calling out his closest companion to play. He mimicked him, followed on the floor as soundlessly as a butterfly. Sirio smiled at him, so glad his shadow did not speak. He didn't have desires; no real motive but to follow him. Do you think mother would mind me spending so much time with you? He asked. His shadow shook his head just as he did. Me neither. He giggled then.
i want i want i want i want i want;
am i repulsive in my wanting
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
After a finished patrol of their eastern edge, he returned to the inner workings of the territory down his well-worn paths. Usually after a round he'd hunt, or find some of his family, so that was his next general step--although he wasn't looking to be picky with how he spent his next few hours until he went back to a different border stretch. His mismatched eyes scanned the route ahead of him as he went deeper still, until he loomed up to the edge of their rendezvous.

Sirio caught his eye immediately and he approached, waving his tail slowly as he did. "Sirio," he whuffed gently, a little surprised to find the young goufa seemingly out poking around alone.. but maybe a bit glad as well. "What are you up to?" the pale Wocha asked as he pulled up beside him.
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
The air around him changed, making him look 'way from his shadow and onto his approaching father that he found he did not spend much time with. Sirio grinned a toothy grin, jumping up and running at his father without a second thought, trying to give a kiss to his muzzle. Exploring! He chipped, not wanting his shadow to be found out. They wouldn't separate the two, right? Could they? 
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
His son wasted no time greeting him, and Dio's tail waved a happy rhythm while he reached down to swipe a lick over the top of his muzzle. Now this much closer, he could realize in the fullest detail just how much taller Sirio was already--and hadn't he already thought this last week sometime? Most likely, or maybe that had been Dalia also.. Point being, and confirmation served, that he didn't have to reach so far to get to his level. They were growing quite quickly, all filling out in new ways plus stretching out awkwardly in others, but they did still have a long way to go.

As it would turn out, the motivation for his little outing was not too bad to him. "Oh, of course," he said, as if it had been obvious. "Pretty important stuff then," he nodded sagely and nudged Sirio's shoulders with his snout. "Have you explored the biggest redwoods yet..?" the Wocha asked, half actual inquiry, half a little lure to test his interest in what comprised the outer swatches of their home.
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Sirio strangely liked the affection coming from his father - any other muzzle that tried to get close to the young boy's face would be avoided - and even pressed a little closer at his kiss. Straight on the white! Sirio thought, knowing his reflection from staring in puddles and wet stones. He looked up proudly then, nodding as to confirm it was REALLY important stuff, and perking up at father's next words. Redwoods? Wood could be red?

Nooo... Are there many wolves exploring there? Sirio questioned hesitantly, leaning in closer - for he was really interested.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
He seemed to have Sirio's attention, between the important exploring stuff and the brief mention of the redwoods. As for many wolves exploring there, Dio shook his head softly. "Not usually," he answered. Then again, it was often a matter of timing; his early morning rounds were often quiet and sometimes, later in the day, he'd spot a familiar face or two. Usually he'd notice a few trails at best. But by no means was it one of the territory's most bustling locales. "Sometimes a few pass through," he added after a beat. "We could always make it a few more, if and when you'd want to see it. The redwoods there are some of the biggest I've ever seen," the wocha detailed, which was not a big stretch. He'd seen a lot of places, and few trees quite that stately.
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Not usually. That could mean anything, but he trusted his father. Even if there'd be others there, trying to touch him, he'd simply flutter 'way like a bird. A bird filled with fright, that was. Flying from any affection but from his own kin. That was reasonable, right? I think I'll want to go with you... He decided, finding the thought of red wood rather refreshing and interesting. Colors other than beachy sand and cold rock were rather uncommon, and so the thought of crimson found a place in his heart. But his judgement he would save 'till they actually got there.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Sensing some subtle unease, he nodded back to him. "Even if there are any others out there right now, it will be fine as long as I'm there," he touted proudly through a small grin to his son—and for as much of a boast as it sounded like, and was, he knew it wasn't wrong; it was what he did every single day and on Drageda turf especially, he was rather self-assured. "Maybe on the way, we could look for any plants for your mom's stocks? There's plenty around and sometimes I see some things by the redwoods that's not usually by the beaches," he said, starting to lean into a longer stride and nodding for Sirio to come with him.

While quite far from his area of expertise, he just wanted to try to help expose him to as many different aspects of things as he could—in whatever small way the moment may manage. It was good for him to see more of the territory and what it had to offer them.
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Dad was right. However much the outside world frightened him, he would have his father by his side at all times. Surely such a strong man would not cower - would not let his son be taken by strangers and the other shadows that roamed in the day. He trusted his stability and his unwillingness to lose him, and that was more than enough to made Sirio abandon the thoughts of staying where he knew his way. Perhaps. Was his response, a tiny, tight smile dancing on his whitened lips.

With smaller strides did he follow, eyes fluttering about like a busy bee looking for the best flower to collect his goods.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
i hope it's okay that i go ahead and fade this out since it is old and so much else happens always <3
While not the most concrete of answers, the wocha would not question it. He knew Sirio did not stray far from what was known turf underneath, and that anything was pressing his bounds, so he wouldn't pile on too much of plant pickings weren't going to be on the agenda. It was just an extra something to look out for, and maybe, a good treasure would catch their eye to take back to Portia's stockpiles--where surely, her praise would await.

When they got closer, he pointed out some of the largest, most stately pines he knew. Of course, he didn't drag Sirio all the way out to their edges--but far enough. There was plenty to see from here. He told him bits of what he knew, and tried to tie in small pieces of Drageda's other history here upon the very cliff of their claim... Then, once the afternoon began to wane and he started to feel hungriness creeping on him, he began to steer them back after he was pleased with what they'd covered so far. He was hopeful that he could continue to bolster the boy's comfort with the area to have his company more like this in the time to come.