Duck Lake Fresh Blood
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
@Katya
As Howl moved through the aspen trees that surrounded the duck lake he walked quietly, thinking. This place was filled of conflicting memories for him. In the beginning it was just a meeting place for him where he stopped to get a drink. Then it evolved into something more special, but that thing had caused troubles. He hadn't seen Heartha since the whole beginning incident went down and he didn't think he should until he had proved himself at least a bit. Dispite how he felt about this place, it was a well visited area by all walks of life due to the water that lay in the middle of it. Grayday had asked him to work on his hunting skills and that is what he planned on doing. 

He continued to walk quietly inbetween the trees keeping cover as he viewed the water looking for prey that may come for a drink. He lowered his stance slightly, but without a target he wasn't fully in the mode.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
ya lastoschka, ya sokol
43 Posts
Ooc — Wintersong
Katya treaded lightly along the perimeter of the lake, leaving sandy prints on the shore. Even during the hot summer months, crystal-clear waves lapped at her feet with each step. Silver fish glimmered enticingly under the surface of the water, and the forest surrounding the reservoir termed with life. For even a creature as small as she, there was plenty of game.

A dark smudge across the water caught the silver-furred woman's attention. Narrowing her pale blue eyes, she realized it was a wolf, but she couldn't place them from this distance. They didn't look like anyone she knew, anyway. Quickening her pace to a brisk trot, she followed the natural curve of the lake, hoping to catch up to this stranger and introduce herself. She had learned from experience that some wolves, even loners, could make powerful allies.
Activity is currently sluggish. I may be able to post on weekends, I may not. If you're impatient, feel free to power-play my characters OUT of a thread, but please do not tag them or play them in upcoming events. Thank you!
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
As Howl looked in at the lake a dark colored wolf came into view. It wasn't what he was hoping for and a part of him hoped that she would leave so that bigger game would come out to play. Howl wasn't really sure why he felt this way. Anyother time Howl would have gone up and greeted her rather then view her as a burden. Maybe it was the place that made him feel this way, or the female it made him think of. But catching said bigger game wouldn't be so easy on his own. Assuming this wolf wasn't going to cause any trouble she could be of some help, assuming she agreed to it and prey did indeed appear. He took a deep breath and walked a few steps forward to meet the female approaching him.

She was alot smaller then him, but that didn't change how he saw her at the moment. He pushed back his emotions and tried to assume his original ones. The ones he would have felt it this had been anyother place. "Hello Ma'am" he said to her in a solf voice, loud enough she could hear him, but not so loud it would scare away any prey in the area.
ya lastoschka, ya sokol
43 Posts
Ooc — Wintersong
"Hello." She gave the stranger a curious look, unaccustomed to being addressed with honorifics. There was half a dozen yards of distance between them, but Katya stilled, squaring her shoulders. He was much larger than she, and she didn't want to draw attention to their height difference. She noticed he didn't come closer either.

A crease formed between her brows. "My name is Katya. Who are you?" she asked, not wanting to waste daylight with colloquial chatter.
Activity is currently sluggish. I may be able to post on weekends, I may not. If you're impatient, feel free to power-play my characters OUT of a thread, but please do not tag them or play them in upcoming events. Thank you!
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She came forward but there was still distance between the pair. While returning his greeting she seemed to broaden her stanc, but didn't portray any dominance. Howl could see she was smaller then him, but the thought didn't mean anything to him, so when she changed her stance he was somewhat confused as to why she would do such a thing. 

She gave her name, Katya, without being prompted and so Howl introduced himself as well. "My name is Howl." he wanted to continue this conversation or at least get through it as soon as possible and so he asked. "So Katya, what brings you to the lake?" Howl had came to hunt but he had come before for other reasons. If she were able to help him, he would most likely find that out with the answer to this question.
ya lastoschka, ya sokol
43 Posts
Ooc — Wintersong
"It's a pleasure, Howl," Katya barked pleasantly. She gave him a half shrug, her eyes cast downwards. "I was wandering, getting to know the geography of the valley firsthand. Maybe hunt, if I had the time." She wasn't going to admit she needed time to herself; it seemed petty when she considered saying it aloud. However, she did plan on bringing food home. Grayday said he valued her hunting skills--she should get herself together and start pulling weight for the pack.

She turned her attention back to Howl, a faint frown on her lips. "Why do you ask?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She began to talk about the scenery and the geography of the lake, but then mentioned that she might be up for some hunting. This peaked Howls interest. It seemed that Katya could be of some help with Howl's hunt after, assumed she would agree. She asked why he was interested to which he replied "I was just curious, but I am also in the mood for some hunting." he looked over her for a mement serveying the area for possible prey "Assuming some decides to show."