King Elk Forest MJ didn't want me, either
5 Posts
Ooc —
Morning dawns bright and early for the forest woman. She doesn't mind the heat, for there is plenty of shade to be found here in these woodlands, however, she decides it is much easier to work in lower temperatures than to exhaust ones-self during the afternoons' hot rays. Her mind recalls a time when she was young and just learning to swim; her mother saying that it is easier for the mind to concentrate during the early hours of the day, and so that's what she does.

Cecily finds what she is looking for by scent, mostly, for the large, fern-like leaves do not stand out amongst the rich grasses as much as it's sweet odour does. A closer inspection confirms her prize and she makes short work of unearthing the brown roots and separating them from the stem with a swift nip. With a grimace, she chews them into a sticky paste, saving a strip out of habit, before finally applying the poultice to the trio of jagged puncture wounds on her shoulder. They are healing nicely, however wanderlust is beginning to itch at Cecily's paws and, as nice as this forest is, she yearns to explore what lies beyond the tree line. With any luck, the herb would speed up the process so she may be on her way.

The piece she'd left un-chewed she places between the branches of a tree as a way to thank the forest; odd to any onlooker but something Cecily has adopted since departing the sea.
Messages In This Thread
MJ didn't want me, either - by Murdock - July 16, 2017, 09:35 PM
RE: MJ didn't want me, either - by Cecily - July 17, 2017, 01:06 PM
RE: MJ didn't want me, either - by Murdock - July 17, 2017, 01:50 PM
RE: MJ didn't want me, either - by Cecily - July 24, 2017, 09:02 AM
RE: MJ didn't want me, either - by Murdock - July 24, 2017, 01:43 PM