Moonspear for my Mjölnir
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
hoping for my axe, @Galaxy but also @Jarilo and @Vela are totes welcome

Hydra hadn't suffered too much from the incident. The bear had chucked itself off a cliff (good riddance) and only once the Ostrega family ensured the critter was dead did they depart the scene. All was well within Moonspear again; the broody mood was gone, though Hydra was still quite snappy toward Korei. Hydra had learned being too lenient with Julia would only serve as a disservice to her sister. 

She sought out her little sister now with a fat rabbit in her mouth. The jutting ribs were abnormal on her once-pudgy sister... and Hydra wanted to see those gone. She threw the rabbit down and waved her tail. Hey, guys, she greeted, your favorite sister is here, she declared matter-of-factly. Lord help them if they didn't say her name.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
With age and experience came wisdom. Galaxy now fully understood that she didn't have just one sister (Hydra) but three: Alya and Lyra too. Then there was Korei Julia, of course, the resident black (or white?) sheep. Not to mention Jarilo, Vela and their parents. The happy-go-lucky pup adored her big family, especially when one or more of them brought her food. She would be fat again in no time!

When one of the triplets arrived with a rabbit in tow, Galaxy sprang toward her with a cry of, "Hydra!" She could be reasonably sure she was correct in her identification, seeing as the triplets' ringleader was definitely her favorite (even if this impression was built on several encounters where she had made a mistaken identity...). "Mine!" she added, snatching the rabbit off the ground and beginning to wolf it down so she wouldn't have to share. She needed it more than they did!
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Yes, yours, she hummed agreeably, but one millisecond later Hydra lurched forward to snatch it out of her grip playfully. 'f yr c'n t'ke 't, she shook the corpse wildly, feeling its limp body smack the sides of her face. A low snarl ekked forth from her throat as she dangled it before Galaxy. She'd teach each cub about survival and how to do it—taking food, even snatching it from others. Hydra consistently snatched food from her siblings when she was younger—she was quite food possessive, even still—and something in her encouraged her to do this. Hydra would take it easy on her siblings, little as they were, but not too easy. She understood Galaxy was in recovery mode though, so todays mini-lesson would not be too aggressive.
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She had gotten so used to food being shoved in her face lately that she was utterly gobsmacked when Hydra snatched it back from her. "Hey!" she shouted, mostly playfully but with a little big of indignation and whining in there for variety. "I'm so hungry!" she complained, unwittingly channeling @Phox at Wolf!Con Chicago. "Gimme!"

Her strength was returning, at least, so she sprang for the delicious meat with her watering mouth open wide. She managed to grab one of the floppy ears, yet she chomped it so emphatically and tugged it so hard that it ripped clean off and sent Galaxy stumbling backward onto her butt.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra dropped the rabbit and placed a broad, possessive paw over it. Hey, she repeated, there's no crying in tug-o-war, she quipped with a grin. Galaxy had fallen onto her tuckus after she took an ear with her and Hydra picked up the rabbit again, growling as she shook it around. She lay on her stomach, though, knowing that Galaxy would still have a tough time of winning but not wanting to spoil her. She knew the cost of taking it easy would only make Galaxy and the others turn out like Korei and Hydra would not have that happen—not on her watch.
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"I'm not crying," Galaxy countered in a mockingly angry tone, "you're crying!" With that, she leaped back onto her feet with a playful growl and tried to sink her teeth into the tantalizing rabbit carcass. Somehow, she went really wide of her mark and accidentally closed her mouth around her sister's foot. She quickly realized her mistake and spat it out, then promptly tripped over said foot in her attempt to get at the hare again, this time face-planting into Hydra's chest don'taskmehow.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Milk teeth were no joke. Hydra remembered the time that little shit bit her, but she was more tolerant this time as it was her sister. Still, more tolerant was best used loosely with Hydra, who responded when Galaxy barelled into her chest with a rough nudge. Not so rough as to, say, give Galaxy a tumble—in fact, Hydra used her forelegs as a buffer. Hydra just wanted to get her sister on her back to assault her belly with something Hydra had always hated—tickles. A cruel punishment, she knew. The rabbit still dangled from between her jaws, the perfect distraction.
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She actually snubbed her nose, which smarted something awful. Galaxy wasn't a crybaby, though, and simply wiggled it emphatically as she tried to right herself. But then gravity lost all meaning as the puppy found herself pushed onto her back. Her eyes flew wide when she felt her sister's whiskers tickling at the pale pink skin on her belly.

"No, don't...!!!" she choked even while giggling hysterically. She writhed and kicked but to no avail. "I'm gonna pee myself...!!!" Galaxy warned only seconds before it happened, a weak yellow stream arcing from her cinnabar.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Galaxy had given Hydra enough warning to remove her face from the area, though it was too late for Galaxy's weak bladder. Hydra had never experienced that, her brows lifting. How long you been holdin' that in? She wondered—peeing oneself was not something Hydra knew was possible, having had no accidents in her life (Hydra had forgotten, and so discounted, her newborn days).
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Hydra fortunately dodged the arc of urine, though Galaxy wasn't so lucky and ended up wetting herself. Once her sister moved away, she rolled to her side, then pushed upright only to bend in half to begin licking herself clean. When she was finished with that, she raised her head from beneath her upraised hind leg and smiled.

"I dunno," she replied, then sat there idly for a few seconds before abruptly lunging at the dead hare again.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra swung the rabbit away as Galaxy came for it again, and her tail waved. She dropped it between her forelegs and teased, ya gotta be quicker than that, with a grin, before she nosed the critter toward Galaxy. You're recovering, so I'll take it easy on you this time, she decided. Hydra nudged Galaxy. Alright kid, I'll be back for you and the others later. I need to patrol, and as she looked over her shoulder she noted the silhouette of @Lyra who was likely hunting something for the gang to play with. Hydra rose to all fours and nosed Galaxy back inside. Back to mom!
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Hydra swung the prey out of reach and Galaxy gave another, "Hey!" But before she could remind her sister that she was starving, the black she-wolf dropped the kill and urged the pup to eat it. Galaxy immediately plopped down and began chowing down, just in case Hydra changed her mind.

"Hey, 'm eating!" Galaxy protested when Hydra began to nose her toward the den. But she wasn't the stubborn sort, so she plucked up the remains and relocated to the cool interior to finish her food, oblivious to her sibling's departure as she gobbled every last scrap of meat.