Spotted Eagle Mountain the most beautiful girl in the room
24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
Quip sprawled comfortably beneath an elm, licking the blood from her paws after a successful hunt and subsequent meal. When she finished, she licked her chops and sat up a little straighter to peer around the forest. She would miss it. She had lived here for several months since meeting Joker. But he had gone off to explore elsewhere—making it clear he wanted to fly solo—and although she had pouted and wallowed for a day or two, the vixen was now ready to embark on her own adventure.

Feeling energized, she sprang to her feet and bounded toward the edge of the sleepy little "holler." She began to climb, then took a moment to repose on a rock shelf and survey the woods one last time. Quip might never be back here, even though all eight of her kits were buried here. Rest in peace, she thought, biting at her lip, before turning and continuing her upward climb. She blended in particularly well with the charred backdrop even as she kept an eye out for the eagles that gave this mount its name.

416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
This wasn't the first time she had strayed from her intended home, nor would it be the last. Since leaving Sedona, she had been a wandering creature, fluttering from place to place without thinking twice about it. Often, she followed food. Sometimes, she tracked other loners for days on end, though that usually only led her to corpses or already-established packs. Today, she was tracking a fox. This, of course, got her thinking about her father's second mate, and she wondered briefly how they were doing (if they were doing at all).

She couldn't recall exactly how they had left things, though she did intend to eventually visit the caldera and check-in on her old pops. Maybe Fox would even give her an audience as well. Ty wondered if they'd had any more children since she had last seen them. These thoughts were still buzzing through her mind when she spotted the fiery creature. The little thing looked to be moving onward and upward, and Ty wondered if it was the same one she'd spotted a few days ago. Upon closer inspection, that was not the case. This one had darker tips, and it also appeared to be a bit larger.

Tytonidae continued to follow the fox, though she had no real intention of doing anything to it. Perhaps it was searching for food and she could benefit from that. Taking from a smaller predator was an easy way for a quick bite.
24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Although there were sharp teeth in her mouth and keen claws on her feet, Quip was far from the top of the food chain. Not only did she keep one eye on the sky, she also swept the mountainside with eyes, ears and nose, making sure nothing and no one was about to get the drop on her. She quickly took notice of the black wolf further down the slope and tensed, darting behind a rock, then peeked from behind it to spy on the larger predator.

While she appeared to be tracking, there was a certain lack of stealth that led the vixen to believe the she-wolf wasn't actively hunting. Feeling a bit emboldened by her recent experiences with the local canine community, she placed her forefeet on the rock and hoisted herself atop it to peer down the mount. She even barked to make her presence known, then quickly poised to take off should the wolf prove threatening after all.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The fox hopped atop a rock (that's some Dr. Suess level shit), looked straight at Tytonidae, and barked. Slightly stunned by the vixen's bold behavior, Ty stopped in her tracks, paused, then half-smirked, half-smiled, half-chuckled to herself. It was a one hundred fifty percent kind of response to what seemed like a totally out of character action for a fox. Nevertheless, Ty was amused and intrigued. She thought, maybe for a moment, that one of her woodland friends had come to visit her. Perhaps they hadn't all been a dream.

Tytonidae woofed back in response, then jogged toward the rock where the red and black creature sat. She eyeballed it cautiously, wondering if it was sick or otherwise broken in some way. Maybe it was injured, waiting to be put out of its misery? But she smelled no illness upon it, nor did she smell blood or anything else out of the ordinary. Still, she was skeptical. "Well?" she asked once she was within earshot.
24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The wolf looked genuinely surprised and Quip smiled, if only inwardly. She was feeling rather intrepid today, though she remained tense as the bigger canine loped up the mountainside. The she-wolf stopped a handful of yards away and the two of them proceeded to peer at one another, cautious but curious.

"I'm going on an adventure," the vixen declared, apropos of nothing, in response to the stranger's querying tone. "Or, well..." she added, thinking out loud, "I'd like to. It's time for a fresh start." Not one to bare her soul to a fellow fox, much less a wolf, Quip stopped there with a slow blink.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"A fresh start" was a phrase that had been running through Ty's head for the past several days. She planned on tackling that head-on in the form of Bhediyon, taking a new surname, and looking at the world through a fresh set of eyes. "I'm all about those fresh starts," Ty mused. "Maybe you could send some other odd wolves like myself—you know, the ones who talk to potential food—over to the plateau by the ocean if they're looking for a fresh start, too." Tytonidae didn't expect the fox to actually follow through, but the thought was an amusing one.

"You gonna start your own pack, too?" she asked. Foxes lived in packs... right? Tytonidae didn't know enough about them to say. In fact, she wasn't even sure what their culture was like, what they did for fun, or what they ate. They were a complete mystery to her. Well, not entirely true. She knew what they tasted like. Good thing for this little vixen that Ty wasn't particularly hungry right now.
24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Although the she-wolf spoke in cordial tones, the vixen couldn't help but feel her spine stiffen when referred to as "potential food." Nonetheless, she listened in silence, wondering why this information was being shared with her. Foxes were not nearly as social as wolves and it even took her a moment to remember what the wolf meant when she used the term "pack."

"Foxes don't live in packs," Quip replied, though there was suddenly a speculative glimmer in her eyes. "What's the purpose of living in one?" she couldn't help but wonder.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"Oh," Ty replied sheepishly. She hadn't realized that. It seemed like such a great way to bond with her fellow wolves, she couldn't imagine a life without it. "Well, we support each other, help each other hunt, and we're basically the best of friends!" That was, of course, the elusive ~ideal~ pack, but she was convinced it existed somewhere. Sedona had been close to that, though Ty had always felt like a bit of an outsider with it being such a tight-knit familial pack.

"Do you live all by yourself, then?" Ty asked. That seemed to be a rather lonely life. Tytonidae had been living it for a long while now, and she yearned for close companions once more. She tried her best not to mourn the loss of (the idea of) Summer, but there were still nights where it cut deep.
24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The she-wolf described something that at once intrigued and repelled her. She enjoyed the idea of support, especially when it came to hunting, but it wasn't really in her nature to socialize much. Quip had rather enjoyed Joker's company, though, and thinking of him now caused a pang in her chest. She chewed on her lip at the wolf's next question, contemplating for a long while before answering.

"Yes, it's just me," the vixen replied, Joker's face and the faces of their eight ill-fated sons flashing through her head. She had no mate, no children and no legacy. She didn't even have friends. That had never really bothered her... until now.

"I'm—Trailblazer, by the way," she said next, pulling the name out of thin air. But that's what she was now: a trailblazer. She was going to forge a new path for herself, and innovate for her species while she was at it. Plus, make that totally fresh start she wanted. "What's your name? What's your pack called?"
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
It sounded like a lonely life indeed. Her name, however, was beautiful! And that wasn't the kind of thing Ty was about to keep to herself. "Your name is so pretty!" she beamed. It was an onward-and-upward kind of name that she truly liked. "My name's Tytonidae Vasanta. I'm calling it Bhediyon." It meant "wolves" in some other language she didn't know very well. But she'd learned a few bits and pieces, including the names of the six seasons.

Those six seasons would be a cornerstone of Bhediyon, and Ty planned to get the group together at the beginning of each one for some sort of bonding activity. There was still so much to plan, so much to do, and so much to figure out.
24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Despite her lingering wariness, Quip's lips curved into a smile at the compliment. When the she-wolf introduced herself, she replied, "Your name is very... long." Her tail switched as she thought over the name of Tytonidae's pack.

"I've never been to the the ocean," the vixen shared after a beat of silence, peering ponderously into the distance for just a moment. "How far is it? Maybe I'll visit on my travels." Her eyes widened slightly as she realized what she'd just said. Talk about trailblazing! "If that would be... all right," she added haltingly.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ty chuckled. "You can call me Ty! That's a lot easier." It was rare that anybody was able to pronounce her first name, and she wasn't about to get mad if nobody wanted to. She just liked the way it sounded when it rolled of her tongue. "The ocean is a day or two to the north... maybe a bit longer since you're smaller. And yeah, you're welcome to visit! I can't... guarantee your safety unless you find me first, though. I'm not gonna eat you, but that doesn't mean my pack-mates won't unless they know you're a friend." She would, of course, be sure to tell anybody who decided to join her.

"I think I'm actually going to head back that way. Not a good idea to leave it unwatched for too long." Ty enjoyed her excursions, but she knew that leaving for extended periods of time would mean that others could settle there without even a challenge from her.
24 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The fox listened astutely as the she-wolf spoke, though three words stood out most of all: "You're a friend." It felt very odd to think that she'd just struck up a friendship with a wolf. It wasn't something the Quip of yore might have done... but she was Trailblazer now, wasn't she? Trail for short, a voice whispered in the back of her mind. The corners of her mouth twitched.

Ty announced that she would be departing imminently. Although the vixen was tempted to invite herself along, that was still a little too reckless for her at this point. One step at a time, that same voice reassured. You need to hunt more if you'll be traveling for days.

"Take care, Ty," Quip Trail answered with a dip of her sharp snout. Silently, she added, I'll see you later.