Phantom Hollow how the wild magic, becomes
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
Mato is not sure what he expects, if, in truth, he expects anything at all. The druid does not make it a habit to try to assume the mind of other’s but this mostly because his thought processes tend to be starkly different than those of others. Sometimes, it is an inconvenience but it allows him to be unassuming for the most part. Except when his beliefs that things are to be conducted a certain way give way to assumptions when they are not followed to those expectations by others. Thus, the empyrean is pleasantly surprised when Seabreeze decides that she will go with him, but then in a second breath appears to second guess herself and leave the choice up to him. Or so that is how the druid interprets ‘if you’ll have me’. “If you truly want to join me, you are welcome.” He will not turn her away, nor will he hold it against her if she chooses the Vale. He has been apart of the process of founding a pack and it is not an easy road before them. It is daunting and will present complications, hard work and dedication to the idea, to one another; but Mato knows from the Vale that such a thing is far from impossible. He simply needs to be the leader that can inspire those things in others: that loyalty, that dedication. Is he that type of man? He does not know but suspect he will find out. His father was. Rannoch is. Whether Mato has a place among legends he is not so pompous as to assume. Time would tell, as it always does.

“I am not fond of this Phantom Hollow,” The empyrean speaks the territory’s name with thinly veiled contempt. Perhaps it is the geologist in him but besides the fact that it unsettles him it does not seem like a very fortuitous territory to claim for a pack. “We will keep searching.” Mato declares because he impeccably trusts his intuition. He suspects he will know when he finds the right place to build Tindómë, to plant the roots of the metaphorical tree. “I’m thinking west, towards the Hinterlands. I do not wish to be too close to any established packs.” Whether it be a developing sense of territoriality or a weariness of the territoriality of others the druid does not look too closely at. He only knows that packs that are too close to one another are in competition for vital resources and that it is not a position he wishes to put Tindómë in.
Messages In This Thread
how the wild magic, becomes - by rip gemini - July 19, 2017, 12:12 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by Seabreeze - July 19, 2017, 06:52 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by rip gemini - July 20, 2017, 06:47 AM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by Seabreeze - July 20, 2017, 08:39 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by rip gemini - July 21, 2017, 04:28 AM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by Seabreeze - July 22, 2017, 04:34 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by rip gemini - July 22, 2017, 05:23 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by Seabreeze - July 22, 2017, 07:19 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by rip gemini - July 28, 2017, 04:31 AM