Phantom Hollow how the wild magic, becomes
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
“No, I would not wish to rid myself of the Vale entirely, they have been good to me,” Admittedly, Mato had not sought to take any Vale wolves with him because he was not the type of man to ask simply because it struck him as both underhanded and rude towards a leader that he undoubtedly respected. “If Rannoch is open to the idea I would seek to align my pack with theirs.” For Mato would not wish to leave the Vale in bad terms in any capacity, if it can be avoided. “I will call it Tindómë,” Mato speaks to her, salmon pink tongue drawing across his jowls once. “It means starlit dusk.” It sounds pretty, to Mato’s ears, at least but fits in the overall theme he has in mind for rank names. “The leadership will bear titles of stars and planets.” As it is with anything he is passionate about, Mato is easily lost in his words, in his thoughts as he gives them the life of vocalization. “I do not seek a traditional pack with traditional rules of dominance. In Tindómë it will be earned instead of a contest of who can hold their tail the highest. The right of dominance will come from trades.” What is nature strikes him as utterly barbaric. Leadership, of course, will hold the height of dominance with Morwinyon and Elentári at the pack’s crown if only because a pack needs it’s leaders.

“Beneath leadership will sit those who have earned a mastery in their trade or trades if they have more than one. These masters will form the council and will be crucial to inaugurating pups into their apprenticeships, and if wolves seek to change their primary trade. I think of it all as a balance and the balance cannot be upset. The masters will help to ensure that such does not happen. Beneath the masters, wolves that hold specialities will be next in dominance, then those with the basic trade, followed by the apprentices. Beneath apprentices sits those who have no trade, and then the children.” He explains, laying it out before her in the grand map he has drawn in his mind’s eye, only pausing to glimpse at her as they move through Phantom Hollow to see if she, too, can see this vision. “As the whole pack idea is built upon trades and their correlation to nature and their importance to a pack it will be expected of each member to earn at least one trade. I think three months is plenty of time to earn one basic trade, and if they fail to do so they will no longer be welcomed in Tindómë. There will be a very rare exception but those wolves will sit in the rank of the grey and will never be able to advance higher in the hierarchy unless they commit to a trade. I do not think it is a rank I will be willingly handing out except in extending circumstances.” Mato has yet to hammer out specific details of how or why he would give such an exception but there is plenty of time for that. The time limit strikes Mato as perhaps being a bit harsh but to let wolves sit empty in a rank that is only designed to be a placeholder strikes him as being too generous and defeats the purpose of Tindómë entirely (or so this is how Mato thinks, at any rate). They could join any of the Wild’s numerous packs if they do not wish to commit to at least one trade.

“What do you think?” He inquires of her, truly wanting to hear her honest opinion upon it. He has been thinking on this for quite some time for this branch off was, frankly, a long time coming …before he even left Broken Antler Fen, in truth. And for a moment he offers Seabreeze his rapt attention because he values her opinion and it matters to him much more than he realized it would.
Messages In This Thread
how the wild magic, becomes - by rip gemini - July 19, 2017, 12:12 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by Seabreeze - July 19, 2017, 06:52 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by rip gemini - July 20, 2017, 06:47 AM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by Seabreeze - July 20, 2017, 08:39 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by rip gemini - July 21, 2017, 04:28 AM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by Seabreeze - July 22, 2017, 04:34 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by rip gemini - July 22, 2017, 05:23 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by Seabreeze - July 22, 2017, 07:19 PM
RE: how the wild magic, becomes - by rip gemini - July 28, 2017, 04:31 AM